• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

Yoshiro closed his topic with server suggestions already, but I couldn't post it before so here it is. I hope he can see it

- reserved slots for admins, users with multiple options (kick player w/ lowest score, w/ lowest score per hour, shortest game session etc)
- mods friendly server support, so mods and original game can run on the same server and client (players don't have to run other client to play mods = mods don't split community)
- on player demand server writes a message what addons/mods/settings server is running, so e.g. clans can check if opponents server is configured properly for league
- enable/disable option to show player informations about steam groups and friends connected to server
- pure server option (players with modified config files* and game files cannon join server/server shows msg which files and how are modified - to catch exploiter intermediately)
- easy in-game admin menu (old amx mod from CS comes to my mind) to manage most important and commonly used server settings would be something extra

and +1 to all what others wrote in Yoshiro's, plus the most important: Ostfront/Classic gamemode setting for public servers w/o all non related to original RO gameplay features (e.g. mobile respawns, UAV, minimap), but with ranked or unranked option. Realism mode w/o fancy HUD only won't do the job. I believe modders can disable all of these unwanted things anyways, so why we would split community even more?

*) I'm not talking here about keyboard settings of course, but ini exploiters, well known from RO:O

Upvote 0
Sorry if this was posted before but I would like to suggest the following:

When someone is killed (disregarding melee attacks ), in addition to showing who was the killer we can see what the distance of the kill was.

---------20m-----------
| Player A ----> Player B |

That would be a great stat to look at.

Thank you TW for the outstanding games,
Keep up the great work,

Upvote 0
Sorry if this was posted before but I would like to suggest the following:

When someone is killed (disregarding melee attacks ), in addition to showing who was the killer we can see what the distance of the kill was.

---------20m-----------
| Player A ----> Player B |

That would be a great stat to look at.

Thank you TW for the outstanding games,
Keep up the great work,

Already in, for your own kills.

Upvote 0
I didnt want to start a new thread for this and I couldnt find anything with the search function..

So here it is.. Deploy on a vehicle. It may have been suggested already, sorry if it has, but right now you can't deploy an MG or PTRD (or rest your rifle/smg) on the surface of a player controlled vehicle (not moving of course). It would be nifty if you could deploy/weapon-rest on stationary player controlled vehicles.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure it has been said, but just in case it hasn't-- this is one thing I've always wanted in an FPS...

What happens now:
- An enemy is holding a primed grenade and getting ready to throw it
- You shoot said enemy and either kill him or make him drop the grenade
- His grenade kills 3 of his teammates and he gets temp-ban for excessive teamkilling

What should happen:
- His grenade kills 3 of his teammates and you are awarded with the kills and he is not penalized for it.

I know next to nothing about coding but it seems that all would be required is transference of ownership of said grenade after death.

Upvote 0
I'm sure it has been said, but just in case it hasn't-- this is one thing I've always wanted in an FPS...

What happens now:
- His grenade kills 3 of his teammates and he gets temp-ban for excessive teamkilling

What should happen:
- His grenade kills 3 of his teammates and you are awarded with the kills and he is not penalized for it.

I know next to nothing about coding but it seems that all would be required is transference of ownership of said grenade after death.

That's pretty annoying indeed. Good suggestion.

Upvote 0
What happens now:

What should happen:

BRILLIANCE! :D This deserves its own suggestion thread. No more "sorry, dead nade."

Only problem I see with "transferring ownership" is that if you or a teammate were next to the enemy dropping the grenade in that scenario, your/their death would then be a suicide/tk. :(

Maybe that enemy would then get credit for killing you and your teammate, while you would get credit for killing his comrades. Points for everyone! After all, the two of you did cooperate in blowing everyone within ten meters of the situation apart. :p

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
Limited jamming caused by teamkilling to deter carelessness. Shoot a teammate who doesn't forgive you, and on the next respawn one of your bullets in your inventory is a dud when you pull the trigger, requiring you to do simple immediate action, ie, hit the reload key. This adds authentic but negative weapon handling as a punishment for careless shooting, giving a more tangible deterrant against teamkilling which otherwise doesn't phase players who might not care for the scorebored and might peform too well to wind up on penal servers.

Upvote 0
Is it really that horrible to get TK for a "dead nade"? I mean, isn't it your responsability to not die while throwing a nade? I am often pissed at people who got team8s killed due to their reckless behavior =).

Maybe this happens a lot when you die from an enemy nade after you've pulled the primer on your own. There are so many nades being exchanged in RO sometimes that I wonder if people somehow spawn without a rifle.

Upvote 0