• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Compiled list of *good* suggestions from RO for ROHOS

Fire spreads. Very fast. And even if it didn't cook off the ammo, it would kill the crew. Oxygen would begin to be sucked out, and the inside would heat up, wether the fire actually reached the crew compartment or not (this would be a more likley scenario for the ammo cooking.) Besides, the Molotov cocktails used by the Russians were enhanced- they relied on a chemical reaction that occured when they smashed instead of relying on fire to light the chemicals. If the crew did, infact, manage to escape, then there was a good chance they would be killed by another tank or infantry. So yeah, it wasn't as good as a shaped charge in the right place, but it did work at close range. It was employed with sucess on more than just old Mark II's in the battle of Kursk.

excuse me, basic physics course anyone?
yes fire spreads, but not throught solid armor

the problem i have with your thinking is that you are saying that

when you throw a molotov cocktail INTO the exhaust pipe the fire magically spreads right into the crew compartement (yeah rrrright...)

the problem i have with this logic is that the liquid still needs a way into the crewcompartement (wich it just doesnt have, unless a hatch is open ect)

with your logic any tank's electrics would be destroyed after one heavy rain, because water would pour into the crew compartement

air wont be sucked out because a: most tanks had bottom escape hatches (tiger and panther didnt because of the torsionbars)
b: they had a ventigsystem

the insode wont heat up that fast because as i allready mentioned, metal heats up verry slow if the thickness is high enough

im not saying that molotovs are useless, but 1 or 2 molotovs in the exhaustpipe (hahaha xD ) wont be enough to even do any serious damage to the tank (exept the enigne, but not the crew)

and you DO know that you need around 200

Upvote 0
I think you are thinking of the Finnish Molotov they used acid to light their molotovs when they smashed on enemy tanks. The Soviet ones from what I've read were crude simple ones made with whatever was available.
Actually TT he is right. I was watching "the battle of kursk" documentary on the military channel on demand. The soviets did use a chemical reaction inside the bottle, and was advanced. Watch "THE BATTLE OF KURSK" on demand and you will see midway a man makes a cocktail that is exact from some of the ones the Russian used. He goes into deep detail how they work.

Plus only the riflemen should have 2 cocktails in his arsenal if it was implemented into the game. Plus many people are going to use this more than knocking out tanks, people will throw them into battle anywhere. It will probably be a teamkiller machine, just like in CoD 2 the shotgun was a horrible idea. One more thing is a person will throw one into an enemy area, and then what happens you burn to death? Your character would still be able to walk and run and probably finish off the player who threw the cocktail. Maybe if you "stop drop and roll!" the fire will go out. IMO bad idea..

One thing I would like to see in the game is maybe a Geballte Ladung. One idea is maybe the AT Soldier should be able to use binoculars. The AT Soldier should be able to help the squad leader use artillery, once he right clicks on his binoculars the squad leader is sent a message like "TANK NORTH FIELD etc".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
like already someone mentioned please make better voice commands particularly german. Sometimes I'm just sick of a that weak voice in RO of german soldier shouting like an anaemic little boy "los los!". I love the way voice commands are done in medal of honor, they sound just great and there are 3-4 different voices and everytime you respawn you get random voice of those 3-4 so not everyone has the same voice, one has low, other has hoarse and tough other some different kind. I even think cod 1 voices sound better. Also I always wished so much I could scream out very loud as a squad leader on the battlefield (sorry for my bad german) vorw

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ow and here's the another suggestion. In real combat no one else could better encourage soldiers to keep them going like leader, unless the leader was crap to. Might be silly idea but that just a thought - give a squad leader unique skill that if you come very close to your comrade you press a secret button and it will make his voice twice as loud and in a speaker of the player that received that shout will have a bit of shock :D so maybe it will make those camping cowards moving. It was a squad leader duty to keep soldiers moving very often used in an aggressive way, or like in one of scenes in stalingrad movie when hauptmann was encouring a soldier by mentioning his family like "you want your wife to be proud of you don't you", and thats what it makes leader good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
airbornedude101 said:
Actually TT he is right. I was watching "the battle of kursk" documentary on the military channel on demand.

Are sure that particular piece of footage is from Kursk. The Histroy Channel has a habit of mixing and matching war footage. If it is Soviets in Kursk most probably a rareity they might even be using captured German equipment (Germans mass produced molotov bottles/kits) If someone can find some info or examples that would clear this up:

I turn your attenetion to the Panther video (1943 slightly post kursk training film) you can see the Soviets lighting a fuse on the molotov. -;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting video!!! It would be nice if the tank crew could also shoot out from the tank's turrent pistol port with a readily MP40 and throwing hand grenades out the hatch to take out the anti-tank Soviet infantry even putting out the fires from molotovs using the fire extinguishers.

Upvote 0
Actually TT he is right. I was watching "the battle of kursk" documentary on the military channel on demand. The soviets did use a chemical reaction inside the bottle, and was advanced. Watch "THE BATTLE OF KURSK" on demand and you will see midway a man makes a cocktail that is exact from some of the ones the Russian used. He goes into deep detail how they work.

Plus only the riflemen should have 2 cocktails in his arsenal if it was implemented into the game. Plus many people are going to use this more than knocking out tanks, people will throw them into battle anywhere. It will probably be a teamkiller machine, just like in CoD 2 the shotgun was a horrible idea. One more thing is a person will throw one into an enemy area, and then what happens you burn to death? Your character would still be able to walk and run and probably finish off the player who threw the cocktail. Maybe if you "stop drop and roll!" the fire will go out. IMO bad idea..

One thing I would like to see in the game is maybe a Geballte Ladung. One idea is maybe the AT Soldier should be able to use binoculars. The AT Soldier should be able to help the squad leader use artillery, once he right clicks on his binoculars the squad leader is sent a message like "TANK NORTH FIELD etc".

Yeah that's where I got it from.

excuse me, basic physics course anyone?
yes fire spreads, but not throught solid armor

the problem i have with your thinking is that you are saying that

when you throw a molotov cocktail INTO the exhaust pipe the fire magically spreads right into the crew compartement (yeah rrrright...)

the problem i have with this logic is that the liquid still needs a way into the crewcompartement (wich it just doesnt have, unless a hatch is open ect)

with your logic any tank's electrics would be destroyed after one heavy rain, because water would pour into the crew compartement

air wont be sucked out because a: most tanks had bottom escape hatches (tiger and panther didnt because of the torsionbars)
b: they had a ventigsystem

the insode wont heat up that fast because as i allready mentioned, metal heats up verry slow if the thickness is high enough

im not saying that molotovs are useless, but 1 or 2 molotovs in the exhaustpipe (hahaha xD ) wont be enough to even do any serious damage to the tank (exept the enigne, but not the crew)

and you DO know that you need around 200

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The soviets used both 'offiicial' Molotov cocktails (usually referred to as KS bottles - from the Russian for 'inflammable mix') which did have chemicals inside to assist the burning process and ignite the bottle upon smashing. they also used just plain petrol bombs when they could not get the good stuff.

The KS bottle was pretty effective against early war panzers if it smashed on the engine deck as the flames would stifle the engine and possibly ignite any waste oil there. They were also quite good if the mix itself or the smoke/fumes from the burning mix got thru the vision slits or into hatches.

The Germans used the noxious effect of smoke etc in confined spaces with their use of the Blendk

Upvote 0
The soviets used both 'offiicial' Molotov cocktails (usually referred to as KS bottles - from the Russian for 'inflammable mix') which did have chemicals inside to assist the burning process and ignite the bottle upon smashing. they also used just plain petrol bombs when they could not get the good stuff.

The KS bottle was pretty effective against early war panzers if it smashed on the engine deck as the flames would stifle the engine and possibly ignite any waste oil there. They were also quite good if the mix itself or the smoke/fumes from the burning mix got thru the vision slits or into hatches.

The Germans used the noxious effect of smoke etc in confined spaces with their use of the Blendk

Upvote 0
I can only speak for myself, but I think most of the community would agree that ROHOS should stick to the same 'base game' as ROOST, only improve upon it greatly.

Here's a compiled list of suggestions that are either my own or found in the RO section.

Infantry gameplay

-Bullet penetration
-Three firing stances (hip/shoulder/sights)
-MG able to duck and stay deployed (and reload?)
-Improve weapon pickup system
-more intense suppression
-Improve weapon pickup system
-rolling when prone (with strafe)
-Improved melee (animations and hit detection)
-Hit detection, first/third person animations synchronized (!)
- Interruptible animations (ability to run when a nade launches next to you no matter if you are reloading or whatever. [but not making it that you can reload faster that way])

Infantry aesthetic

-ragdoll fadetime as clientside option
-Bullet scarring (on world and player)
-1st person model of legs/torso
-More camo/uniform types (Soviet greatcoat/naval, German winter/Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
After being spoiled by the suppression system and the bullet cracks + hisses, going back to vanilla RO feels very quiet and disconnected. With DH's suppression system and bullet noise effects, you can "feel" the bullets, which makes automatic weapons so much more effective at their roles. Bullet cracks + hisses and a suppression system of some form are a must for RO: HOS. This has been talked about already, but I feel that these two things are very important and great features.

Upvote 0
I would very much like to see the manual bolting out of unfired rounds in bolt-action rifles by means of pressing the reload button. When the magazine is empty, the reload of a full five rounds may commence. This should allow players to reload in safety without having to alert the enemy to their presence by firing the unused rounds.

If this was mentioned before, sorry, I skimmed the thread.

Upvote 0
I'm no fan of RO's multi crew tank model and I agree with previous posters that even if it's kept, the entire tank combat model has to be completely rebuilt.

Personally I despise multi crew tanks, because it's a pain in the *** to multi crew even with good guys who listen. It's also not as realistic as advertised, since a well trained tank crew would behave like a single entity anyway. But this is an issue the people on this board have probably argued before. So let me pose it another way.

Multi crew vehicles also take away from people playing infantry. The result is a disproportionate ratio of tanks to infantry on maps on like Arad.

I suppose if we're going to keep multi crew vehicles, then we should at least cut that stupid bow machine gun seat. Instead, allow the driver to control that machine gun when he presses "aim". Makes his job seem less tedious and cuts back on player waste.

-Personally i'd want to see bigger maps. But big maps were a problem in RO because it took so long to get anywhere unless you were in a clown car or Bren carrier. So i'd advocate a forward spawning system. Perhaps on a squad leader or in towns and villages not being contested by enemies.

I'm no fan myself of running into a town and then having some guy spawn right behind me. That's why i'd favor towns that allow spawn only when no enemies are present.

-More weapon customization. Simple things, like different size mags and wooden/folding stocks and such.

-A different way to hand out tanks to players. Rather than selecting "Tank Commander" in the menu and spawning at the base, the player should instead get to chose his tank in the menu and spawn with it. For example, Tank Commanders would be entitled to the Tiger and Panther or Jagdpanther while Tank Crewman would be entitled to the Panzer IV and III or StuG 3.

-Light Tank customization as well. Want sideskirts on your Panzer? How about a flamethrower instead of a bow machine gun?

I also strongly favor the aforementioned gun/grenade armed commander who can defend the tank from close infantry.

-Player controlled artillery and anti tank guns. Ideally they should be mobile as well, perhaps they can even be hooked up to an APC and dragged to different locations on the map. Fixed emplacements in a video game tend to get stagnant and predictable.

-The machine guns need a way more impressive suppression effect. You see riflemen snipe machine gunners pasting their location all the time because the view distortion is so minor.

Upvote 0
I'm no fan of RO's multi crew tank model and I agree with previous posters that even if it's kept, the entire tank combat model has to be completely rebuilt.

Personally I despise multi crew tanks, because it's a pain in the *** to multi crew even with good guys who listen. It's also not as realistic as advertised, since a well trained tank crew would behave like a single entity anyway. But this is an issue the people on this board have probably argued before. So let me pose it another way.

Multi crew vehicles also take away from people playing infantry. The result is a disproportionate ratio of tanks to infantry on maps on like Arad.

I suppose if we're going to keep multi crew vehicles, then we should at least cut that stupid bow machine gun seat. Instead, allow the driver to control that machine gun when he presses "aim". Makes his job seem less tedious and cuts back on player waste.

-Personally i'd want to see bigger maps. But big maps were a problem in RO because it took so long to get anywhere unless you were in a clown car or Bren carrier. So i'd advocate a forward spawning system. Perhaps on a squad leader or in towns and villages not being contested by enemies.

I'm no fan myself of running into a town and then having some guy spawn right behind me. That's why i'd favor towns that allow spawn only when no enemies are present.

-More weapon customization. Simple things, like different size mags and wooden/folding stocks and such.

-A different way to hand out tanks to players. Rather than selecting "Tank Commander" in the menu and spawning at the base, the player should instead get to chose his tank in the menu and spawn with it. For example, Tank Commanders would be entitled to the Tiger and Panther or Jagdpanther while Tank Crewman would be entitled to the Panzer IV and III or StuG 3.

-Light Tank customization as well. Want sideskirts on your Panzer? How about a flamethrower instead of a bow machine gun?

I also strongly favor the aforementioned gun/grenade armed commander who can defend the tank from close infantry.

-Player controlled artillery and anti tank guns. Ideally they should be mobile as well, perhaps they can even be hooked up to an APC and dragged to different locations on the map. Fixed emplacements in a video game tend to get stagnant and predictable.

-The machine guns need a way more impressive suppression effect. You see riflemen snipe machine gunners pasting their location all the time because the view distortion is so minor.
\
How about we have where the driver controls the turret, huh? Light tank customization? Adding folding stocks? you have the most horrible ideas

:mad:

Upvote 0