• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS please remove flame thrower role from Americans

Rich Texan

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2011
Asia
I mean when they are on defending side. Don't they already have enough fire power? every single american soldiers has automatic weapons that overwhelm Japanese very easily.
Since Japs lack fire power they tend to stick together and throw smokes very often. This should be a good strategy. but no. because of flame throwers. You throw smoke to avoid enemy fire. however flame throwers runs in to that smoke and roast everybody. you can't even locate the flame throwers because of the smoke, and their flames block your vision.
Next problem. Your squad members somehow get into objective. and a flame thrower approaches. you can just say 'take him out. what's the problem?'. well it's easy to say. but if you miss a single shot your whole squad is doomed. because a touch of that flame will make you impossible to fire next shot! Plus flame throwers keep coming thanks to squad leader spawn.
For example when Japs attack objective D of Kobura, it's nearly impossible to go into the middle tunnel. You smoke the tunnel and run into it. and guess what will happen? Flame throwers just hide in the corner and harvest easy kills. Artillery fire will not take them out because they are inside of the tunnel. The whole team gets stuck and lock down starts. This situation happens in all maps that Japs attack.:mad:
When Americans attack, flame thrower is a high risk high return role. and it doesn't really break balance. However when they are on defending side? It is just a nonsense.

I completely agree, but it'll never happen.

If you want the flamethrower removed, the only thing you can do is edit the map and remove it yourself.

EDIT: Or better yet, we should give the Japanese a flamethrower too. That was one of my very first mods as a matter of fact.

Did it ever work?

Upvote 0
Sounds like that wasn't exactly the most experienced American team. Although banzai is crazy good if a Japanese team is actually able to coordinate their charges.
We had just defended our very last territory Guadalcanal on campaign. Our turn to Attack and we attacked kobura. Beat the crap outta them. They were winning the whole campaign before that. We essentially just left them behind. Many Americans died to spawn protection.

Upvote 0
Well adding to the japanese, the ability to go into iron sight with theyr lmg's would make it a lot more balanced. Or add also flamethrower for the japanese!

No, and No, that would ruin game play completely. I can understand when Americans are defending a map. Adding a flamethrower to the Japanese, while they also get a mortar, that's stupid, it would ruin game play. Even more so for the Japanese MG's. It's asymmetrical for a reason, unlike RO2 which is symmetrical. The Japanese make up for the "lack of firepower" with Banzai tactics, Grenade planting, and better camouflage on their uniforms. It gives an advantage to a inexperienced player vs a inexperienced Japanese player. Against experienced players, who can aim accurately, the Japanese have the advantage, as it doesn't come down to who can put more bullets in the enemy's general direction. You're also comparing something that doesn't have a hand grip, with something that does, also the fact that only one of them is designed to fire while aiming from the shoulder.
Type 96 Light Machine Gun
Weight: 9 Kg (Type 99: 10.4 Kg)
kvXHZ4S.jpg

Browing Automatic Rifle
Weight: 7.25 Kg
fzXoBDv.jpg

Upvote 0
No, and No, that would ruin game play completely. I can understand when Americans are defending a map. Adding a flamethrower to the Japanese, while they also get a mortar, that's stupid, it would ruin game play. Even more so for the Japanese MG's. It's asymmetrical for a reason, unlike RO2 which is symmetrical. The Japanese make up for the "lack of firepower" with Banzai tactics, Grenade planting, and better camouflage on their uniforms. It gives an advantage to a inexperienced player vs a inexperienced Japanese player. Against experienced players, who can aim accurately, the Japanese have the advantage, as it doesn't come down to who can put more bullets in the enemy's general direction. You're also comparing something that doesn't have a hand grip, with something that does, also the fact that only one of them is designed to fire while aiming from the shoulder.
Type 96 Light Machine Gun
Weight: 9 Kg (Type 99: 10.4 Kg)
kvXHZ4S.jpg

Browing Automatic Rifle
Weight: 7.25 Kg
fzXoBDv.jpg

Ok but who cares about 100% realistic bull***p? Really they put it with Iron sights in Darkest hour, the Bren if I remember correctly and in Cod world at war the type 99 has also iron sights. I bet they had a model that could do that or simply wrap a cloth on that?

Upvote 0
Ok but who cares about 100% realistic bull***p? Really they put it with Iron sights in Darkest hour, the Bren if I remember correctly and in Cod world at war the type 99 has also iron sights. I bet they had a model that could do that or simply wrap a cloth on that?
Not only is there no grip they weigh 20-50% more than a bar, add the fact that there is no grip, and it is unbalanced. Besides do you really think someone could handle a 200+ degree barrel with just a cloth, the cloth would either burn, or transmit the heat to the holder. Not very pleasant to say the least. Also would you willing run around with 22 pound Machine gun, with the hand that takes all the weight underneath a blisteringly hot barrel?
Realism isn't the problem, its balance. I'm just pointing out the realism aspect. You really want the japanese to have MG's with scopes, and with bayonets? And give them the banzai, and grenade usage? I Don't see how you say there isn't balance, there is, and you suggesting this would be tipping the balance completely.

Upvote 0