• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crucible event schedule

:cool:

Just want to take another moment to thank the RO2 public here for the support of TWI's Crucible server. In a few short days our world rating went from the eighty percentile bracket to the fifty percentile bracket. Clearly folks are beginning to realize that there are dozens of well designed custom maps here that they have never played before and are not seen in many places elsewhere.
Have fun you guys and stop in anytime 24/7. We've currently got some 41 custom maps at your disposal any time day or night.

--Best wishes.

Upvote 0
:)

The heyday of scheduled events has kind of simmered down. These events reach their height during TWI sponsored map contests. When those are over things settle down. But lately I've tossed around a few ideas concerning events which I am going to try, just to see if they get traction.

I'm shameless, and I'll do anything reasonably graceful to pull the public into TWI's Crucible.

Crucible is an exclusively custom map server. And the numbers of custom maps out there are reaching and surpassing the numbers of stock maps. I feature some 41 custom maps at this time. The list is growing. So much so that they cannot be displayed simultaneously on the map selection list between rounds unless people USE THE LIST SLIDER TOOL. (dammit)

So I'm considering almost daily events where the map list will be limited to
perhaps 15 selections or less. These selections may have themes. For example:

Tuesdays featuring tank themed maps
Wednesday featuring RSTE maps
Thursday featuring Operation Citadel maps

In each case only a number of maps which will not overflow the visible
list will be operational. With the public, it seems that out of sight is out of mind. Another issue this might help with is to diminish the public's preoccupation with certain maps and compel them to explore others that
they may end up loving but never tried before.

I hope this plan will help make Crucible more fun and interesting while still
maintaining full enjoyment.

We'll see how it goes.

P.S. Just about all the custom maps ever designed are linked to on this site. You'll find them in the modifications
section. The map pack you're referring to is probably the Blut und Eisen package. The link is in here as well.
But all those maps are on the Crucible server along with almost all available customs.

-best wishes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:D

Gonna feature another reduced map list for Saturday afternoon. These will be mostly the newest crop. If you wish to play the WF- maps be sure to subscribe to the Heroes of the West mod on SWS, otherwise your client may barf if you select one. It's quick and simple. The mod will download from our redirect, and that should work, but maybe not always for everyone.

Why do I feature reduced map lists on weekends?

Crucible now has some 44 exclusively custom maps on our list 24/7, and
the selection is growing. You have to use the slider on the vote list to even
see them all. So in order to give the latest or overlooked maps public exposure
I do a little "steering" during certain periods on weekends. The full list is always available other than during those events.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mikeedude - I was having the same issue... And I'm a TWB member! Everytime I went into one of our servers, I'd last about 30 seconds and then get kicked with a message stating that I'd been kicked because something in the punkbuster B exe had failed. Here's what I did:

1) Navigate to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Windows
2) Run pbsvc_hos to reinstall punkbuster.

And it fixed it. Hopefully it'll work for you as well.

Upvote 0
:D

TWI's Crucible has gotten hold of a lot of new or updated maps lately.

As has been the case in the past, on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, I
will run a shortened list out of some 55 custom maps. This will give the
public an opportunity to see and enjoy the most recent work in the WF,
RSTE, and TE categories.

Sunday, I will emphasize tank maps.

Please spend some time with us if you can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0