• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give Classic a try, part 2

I think Bridges and other longer ranged maps show that maybe getting rid of the mild zoom is a bad idea. If you have ever noticed that the models of well everything including players LOD out. That is NOT model of soldier and small objects get rendered. So basically everything with a scope at longer ranges would be totally invisible to the player! I think this means......keep it.

Upvote 0
I think all the 'maneuvers' TWI is using in order to try to make zoom work in Classic (shift zoom only for MG, ...) is a sign that zoom should just be discarded all to gether (for Classic, at least).

same opinion here.

I have test it with dibblers Mod and before with changing my config settings.
And I really see no problem for the gameplay/balance when there is absolutly no zoom for any weapon (in classic). Same chance for everybody to see eachother. Maybe the SMGs are to accurate than, but that could be tested. But maybe it will work very well, we don

Upvote 0
Completely disagree with removing zoom just because it is Classic mode. Some of you will not be happy until Classic mode is just ROOST with better graphics. Seriously :rolleyes: :p

I am a pro zoom player although not necessarily a fan of how it is implemented. I believe it should be in the game, be the same for all weapons, and only be available if you press a certain key; no auto-zoom in iron sights.

Now since it doesn't appear that some of that is possible because of real (or imaginary?) coding problems on TWI's end, we are left with what we have now. At the moment, Classic mode feels pretty good and any minor nitpicking I have with it is just that, nitpicking.

As far as additional zoom for the MGs, they were extremely deadly out to distances farther than represented on most maps, and the additional zoom helps in making them out to be that way.

------------------

So I have been trying out more Classic servers and its good to see more of them are populated. Disappointed to see most of them NOT running any custom maps (the RS and contest maps are still new and fun). Been mostly playing on the RGN Custom server where they are always running the latest custom maps and have many Classic settings such as sprint speed, weapons handling, and no spawn on squad leader :D

Upvote 0
Completely disagree with removing zoom just because it is Classic mode. Some of you will not be happy until Classic mode is just ROOST with better graphics. Seriously :rolleyes: :p

I am a pro zoom player although not necessarily a fan of how it is implemented. I believe it should be in the game, be the same for all weapons, and only be available if you press a certain key; no auto-zoom in iron sights.

Now since it doesn't appear that some of that is possible because of real (or imaginary?) coding problems on TWI's end, we are left with what we have now. At the moment, Classic mode feels pretty good and any minor nitpicking I have with it is just that, nitpicking.

As far as additional zoom for the MGs, they were extremely deadly out to distances farther than represented on most maps, and the additional zoom helps in making them out to be that way.

------------------

So I have been trying out more Classic servers and its good to see more of them are populated. Disappointed to see most of them NOT running any custom maps (the RS and contest maps are still new and fun). Been mostly playing on the RGN Custom server where they are always running the latest custom maps and have many Classic settings such as sprint speed, weapons handling, and no spawn on squad leader :D

This is vary true about MG's. An area target for an MG dude In the prone all set up is easy peessy out to 700 or 800 meters. One of the many reasons why if its realistically modeled....which it mainly IS. HAving more than 2 or maybe 3 in a map is a bad idea IMO. What a skilled MG dude can do in RO2 is scary. :D But pretty legit IMO.

Upvote 0
All I can say is that instead of speculating why having zero zoom doesn't work in game, try it for several maps and see for yourself. You can see enemy soldiers just fine without it and still knock easily them down. The difference is that you are slighly more likely to miss than before and mg's become supression and area of denial weapons instead of snipers. With zoom I can easily pop people across fallen fighters with single shots, without zoom you need to fire bursts. Still effective yet creates different gameplay.

I'd suggest if you like the changes and gameplay of Classic that yield more firefights, you'd like no zoom if you give it a try.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking the Zoom is unrealistic.

I tried comparing the how big RL gun sights and RO2 look, and what I found is that sights on my K100 are about as wide, if aimed properly as my thumb is broad.

Compare that to RO2 sights. Unzoomed Nagant sights are thumb-wide.

Also:

Classic needs Blurry sights!

Seriously, take your Mosin (all true RO2 players own one, I mean it's just 100$) and look through the ironsights. Target/post reasonably crisp, notch fukken blurry.

Crisp, focused sights are unrealistic and make the game too easy. Shooting in RL with iron sights is far harder than with scope because you have to keep track of the notch and keeping it aligned is very, very hard.

Upvote 0
I think division games at classic and realism modes was a mistake. As we say in Russia "Can not keep up with the two rabbits at the same time". I think it's time to combine both modes in one. Extra weapon sway is realy tie up with a wound in the arm, for example, classic speed-with a wound in the leg.

Upvote 0