• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give Classic a try, part 2

Oh I don't know.. every time I shouldered my M4 in the Army after running around like a moron...well it never went 30 degrees off to the left!

I am primarily talking about after being prone for a while and the fact that the weapons seem less accurate at distance and have an unrealistic kick to ruin second

as for not being able to aim properly after a bound. I dont totally disagree with this from an orientation perspective. I also agree with it if somebody has run for a long time. But this is NOT what i was referring to.

Did your m4 also stop you from seeing very far and identifying targets after settling into a good posi? You know, like just across a river 100m away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I'm not a regular but I love Classic mode yet here's what I've seen while talking to other players. They either:

1. Don't even know Classic exists.
2. Don't think Classic is better (and has more hardcores) than Realism because the name and the original premise sound lame.

So here's what I think: how about renaming Classic to "Historical Realism" or "Hardcore Realism" or something like that? Obviously TWI isn't going to promote Classic any further because for BF3 audience even Realism is way too much but at least a name change would help.

Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0
Yeah it does go a bit bizarre when you're totally out of stamina.

I haven't noticed this much because I normally don't go right to IS if I'm totally out of stamina. I usually am trying to get into a better position, not into a firefight at that point. Anyway, yeah it's too out of proportion, the sways ramps up nicely and feels normal until that last point.

Upvote 0
Now I'm not a regular but I love Classic mode yet here's what I've seen while talking to other players. They either:

1. Don't even know Classic exists.
2. Don't think Classic is better (and has more hardcores) than Realism because the name and the original premise sound lame.

So here's what I think: how about renaming Classic to "Historical Realism" or "Hardcore Realism" or something like that? Obviously TWI isn't going to promote Classic any further because for BF3 audience even Realism is way too much but at least a name change would help.

Thanks for listening.

That

Upvote 0
I don't like using the word perfect because of course I can nit pick about crap - but this is everything I wanted.

Two year later... and it's finally here.

I posted about sway, I posted about zoom, I posted about stamina and running, I posted about native voices, I posted about cannot prone, I posted... and they answered. TWI - you have out done yourselves. My prayers have been answered, and I love it.

I had the most fun I have EVER had playing Red Orchestra 2 today. Literally, at the end of a match when I looked at my 13 kills - I remembered every single one of them. Every single kill involved some kind of tactical advancement, or firefight, or clenching my mouse and doing a hail mary spray with the mp40 and getting a double kill on two russians who had both narrowly missed me... The whole thing was god damn glorious.

It had that RO feeling that I yearned for. I didn't spawn and run forward until I randomly saw an enemy to snap my iron sights sights on to at crack cocaine speed. I spawned and opened the map and thought about it. I crept along hillsides, among the trees, and even coordinated a flanking maneuver with some Russian guy who clearly only understood the most minimal English required to play internet games (a true RO moment).

My only complaint? Americans aren't playing it :mad:

All day I was able to play with Russians and Germans and Brits... and then they all went to sleep and the Classic servers died - only realism.

Anyway, awesome awesome awesome job. I can't believe it.

Upvote 0
My only complaint? Americans aren't playing it :mad:

All day I was able to play with Russians and Germans and Brits... and then they all went to sleep and the Classic servers died - only realism.

Anyway, awesome awesome awesome job. I can't believe it.
2fjg made classic server but what they should have done to get players' attention to classic is remake their realism server which everyone has in favourites to classic and make another realism server.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed that MGs seem to be more effective now?

I guess it's a consequence of the better weapon handling making it much harder to pop up and plink MGers from miles away - I feel less vulnerable with the MG now. Just played a full two rounds with a DP28. Got the most kills in the server twice, and didn't die within .5 seconds of setting up and starting to fire.

Same for HMGs....I seem to be able to use them and not die instantly now. The gunfights feel much better :)

Upvote 0
I am primarily talking about after being prone for a while and the fact that the weapons seem less accurate at distance and have an unrealistic kick to ruin second

as for not being able to aim properly after a bound. I dont totally disagree with this from an orientation perspective. I also agree with it if somebody has run for a long time. But this is NOT what i was referring to.

Did your m4 also stop you from seeing very far and identifying targets after settling into a good posi? You know, like just across a river 100m away.

If sprinting 200 meters in full battle rattle YES! Your heart/breathing is going SO fast.. Add in COMBAT the adrenaline high certainly does not help. After about minute after that...well your vitals are still nuts BUT you can shoot well enough. Its best to NOT sprint long distances with a combat load....horrible idea anyways. You get shot most likely! better in 50 meter rushes with half your element in overwatch. Course situation will dictate.

Of course if getting SHOT at more like 10 meter rushes...

Last edited:
Upvote 0