• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Single Player - I HATE this mission.

swenor27

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
Poznań, Poland
This is about single player.

Russian Campaing.
First Chapter
Third Mission (Russians defending Train Station).
I.HATE.THIS.MISSION!

Germans keep coming. There are almost no pauses. Their spawn rate is SICK.
My team (bots) on the other hand is STUPID. They are slow and don't respond to orders - sometimes I have impression that they don't follow orders and they don't defend any of the checkpoints.

I tried playing it tactically (issuing orders like crazy). I tried shooting all Germans by myself (COD style). I tried to mix both. NOPE. I fail. I get outnumbered in a moment.

On top of it on last checkpoint my teammates just stay on spawnpoint no matter how many commands I issue.

I play this on normal difficulty (jeeez and there are 2 more!) and I have already tried 20 times. Man, this mission pisses me off unbelievably. It's infuriating.

I'm just an average player. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Russian Campaing.
First Chapter
I.HATE.THIS.MISSION!

My team (bots) on the other hand is STUPID. They are slow and don't respond to orders - sometimes I have impression that they don't follow orders and they don't defend any of the checkpoints.

I tried playing it tactically (issuing orders like crazy). I tried shooting all Germans by myself (COD style). I tried to mix both. NOPE. I fail. I get outnumbered in a moment.

On top of it on last checkpoint my teammates just stay on spawnpoint no matter how many commands I issue.

I play this on normal difficulty (jeeez and there are 2 more!) and I have already tried 20 times. Man, this mission pisses me off unbelievably. It's infuriating.

your guys are going to get ground down as fast as the enemy team because of bot accuracy. failing that, you can always try working out the predictable bot paths and gunning down hordes of them at a time with an s/mg. Still, those missions were always silly when they reset the clock each time you nearly won :(

Upvote 0

Russian Campaing.
First Chapter
I.HATE.THIS.MISSION!

I beat the campaign by ambushing the idiot bots with smgs. I know its not the right way to play the game but that's how I beat it. This doesn't always work in multiplayer though.

Upvote 0
in the defence missions contimnually command your troops to "defend objective"

The defence missions are the hardest because it relys on the AI keeping the guys in the cap, which dosnt work well. So remind the AI to Defend Objective alot.

Ive said defend objective only to see a soldier outside of the cap defending, press defend cap again... runs into building. Found it very hard on commisars house.

Worst part is, i completed it all on highest difficulty 2 times to get the acheivments.

Didnt get them. Really suxs, and TWI have to fix this.

To compound it, the single player is now seperate from the rest of the game so it is impossible to get them.

Im really pissed about it, and TWI have not done a thing about, nor looks like the ever will. really disappointing.

Upvote 0
Thanks all for help.
So it looks like the game is being cheap to players at times.
It's gonna be really annoying to finish those maps.

It it used to work perfectly, but since the RS release this tactic is a hit and miss, but get inside the objective near where the enemy enters and order the bots to either:

"Follow Me" - which used to always get bots unstuck from objects, use you as a waypoint and surround you inside the objective, providing cap power, fire power and meat shields from enemy bullets.

Or

Use the Command Widget thing (silver arrow thing) point to a specific spot inside the objective and order them to "Move Here" .... Works similar to the "Follow Me" command but allows you to focus them more specifically to certain areas, or to stay put while you go do something else.

But since the release of RS, it seems like the majority of bots just don't follow any commands you give them. Once upon a time I could remember saying follow me and by the time I stopped and took cover, I'd have a swarm of bots around me working as a team, but now I'm lucky if I turn around and see one bot near me, while the rest just run around in circles, or lock into trenches and holes, or continually climb up and down on an object or simply just go off to do whatever.

These above commands were great for arty too as you could keep all the bots in a safe location while you dropped a strike.... Now regardless of what you say you still get several bots running into the explosions and you getting TK's.

Even with few human players online I could at least play SP, offline matches or on a low populated server with bots, but since the RS release, they have become worse than ever before and completely ruin whatever was left for gameplay as you can't effectively take objectives, you can't properly defend objectives and you can't even use strikes effectively due to them running off into the strikes and getting killed.

So for me, SP is unplayable, Offline Workshop matches are unplayable, low populated servers are unplayable and heavily populated servers with real people either have high pings or a game mode I don't like..... Or play workshop maps i don't have..... Or Rising Storm which i still don't like.

So I just sit back and play something else instead while popping in here every few days to see if anything new comes along.

TL;DR

Try the Follow Me and Move Here commands.... They might work for some still, but i doubt it.

Upvote 0