• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release - [CGT] 3.0 with Search & Destroy

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
[CGT] 3.0 will be released on
Saturday 17th at 19:00 GMT (15:00 NYC)

Gametypes
Search & Destroy -- NEW --
Description
This is a 1-life gametype, with rounds that typically last up to 3-4 minutes. The attackers have to plant bomb(s) on objective(s) to destroy them, or they can eliminate the defenders. The defenders have to prevent the attackers from planting bomb(s), eliminate them, or defuse the bomb(s) if planted.

Bomb
Our implementation allows server admins to select between two options:
  • No physical bomb: everyone carries a bomb, but the number of plant(s) is limited. This option, much simpler, is generally to be used on pub servers.
  • With physical bomb(s): a physical bomb has to be picked on the ground, and carried to the objective. It is dropped when dying, and appears on the hud and map. This option should typically be used on competition servers.

Scalability
S&D is typically best played with 6-20 players, with 1 bomb and 2 objectives (1 destruction required). Our implementation supports any quantity of bombs and objectives. A single map can scale itself automatically based on the number of slots. For example, CGT_RSSD-Peleliu has a 1 bomb/2 objectives setup for 0-32 slots, and goes to 3 bombs/3 objectives for 32+ slots. However, the server admin can force one setup or the other.

Features
  • Custom Bomb Asset
  • 1 Custom Stopwatch per Nation
  • Custom HUD & Map Icons (Bombs, Carriers and Objectives)
  • Custom Team Points Messages
  • Custom Sounds
  • And many more!

Maps
For the initial release of S&D, we have the following maps (bombs/objectives/req. destructions, size):
  • CGT_SD-Apartments (1/2/1, small)
  • CGT_SD-BarracksJail (1/2/1, small)
  • CGT_SD-FactoryPlateMill (1/2/1 & 3/3/2, large)
  • CGT_SD-FallenFighters (1/2/1, medium)
  • CGT_SD-StationNorthHall (1/2/1, medium)
  • CGT_SD-Warehouse (1/2/1, medium)
  • CGT_RSSD-HantoBase (1/2/1, large)
  • CGT_RSSD-Peleliu (1/2/1 & 3/3/2, large)
  • CGT_RSSD-SaipanSugarMill (1/2/1, medium)
  • CGT_RSSD-SaipanTown (1/2/1 & 3/3/2, large)

The converted maps have an average size of 23 MBs, which results in a very quick download from a redirect.

[CGT] Countdown -- USED ON TWIL --
Description
This is how the stock Countdown used to be, with some improvements. The time to beat is the total time, not only the time on the last objective. With CGT_CD, it is possible to capture one objective further. The Progression Widget has been overhauled to explain these modified conditions of victory. Also, the automatic reinforcements can be disabled.

Changes
The rules haven't changed, but we now have CGT_RSSD. In other words, any Rising Storm map can play the CGT version of Countdown.

Maps
ALL (RO2 and RS) stock maps now supported (including MCP)!

Capture The Flag
Description
This is the classic gametype that you may have played in many other games. You have to take the flag of the enemy and bring it to your own flag bay to capture it. You can only capture when your own flag is home. The team that captures the most flags wins.

Changes
Nothing major for this one, except that some bugs have been fixed and some maps have been updated.

Maps
  • CGT_CTF-Apartments
  • CGT_CTF-Barracks
  • CGT_CTF-GrainElevator
  • CGT_CTF-Spartanovka
  • CGT_CTF-Station
  • CGT_CTF-Warehouse

Server Preload
The files will be available to server admins 24-48h before the release. To get the links, send me a PM. The only condition is that the maps have to be run password-protected until the release occurs (see at the top for exact date and time).

Credits
[CGT] 3.0 is the result of more than 1000+ hours of work, cumulted by a team of enthusiastic modders. I want to be the first to thank all [CGT] Developers, and congratulate them on this amazing release. I also want to thank all Testers that helped us to test the gameplay, find bugs and helped with their excellent suggestions.
  • Director: -=THOR=-
  • Programmers: -=THOR=-, Chasse and ShirtyKezRat
  • Gameplay Design: Mad_Fred, -=THOR=-, Chasse, met and GrimReality
  • Level Design: met and Mad_Fred
  • Level Creation: Mad_Fred
  • Level Conversion: -=THOR=-, Piriou, ShirtyKezRat and Spaehling
  • Audio: -=THOR=- and Sauron974
  • Textures/Materials: GrimReality, Gordon Freeman, Ian Runnels, -=THOR=-, Mad_Fred and Chasse
  • 3D Modeling: GrimReality, Ian Runnels and Mad_Fred
  • Special Thanks: Traxx, Moskeeto, [CGT] Testers and Rising Storm Testers

Notes
The open beta will remain online for a few more days. You can join at 192.223.24.206. Warning: S&D is not for playing with bots, invite your friends, or play one of the other gametypes until people join.

Last edited:
On the occasion of the official release of CGT 3.0, we are organizing an European S&D evening. It will be the chance for you to discover S&D on the following servers:
[HS] : 91.121.21.122:7877
{G.F.A} : 217.163.24.142:7808
[SK] : 217.163.31.244:7787

Rendez-vous on these servers, on Saturday the 17th, at 19:00 GMT!

Seen you ! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Loving this

Loving this

Man, I just hopped on a server running the mod and it looks great so far. I'm going to get a bunch of our members get on an do some real testing (and post results, of course).

I have one question though: Will there be a "Mover\Visual Guide" feature to allow quick changes to plant\bomb\spawn locations? Or will our map makers need to do that on a map-by-map basis?

And can I get a copy of the mod to load on our test (Private) server? We will allow anyone on to test.

Upvote 0
Man, I just hopped on a server running the mod and it looks great so far. I'm going to get a bunch of our members get on an do some real testing (and post results, of course).
It's definitely better with humans! Add me on steam, when your group is on the server, if they are interested, I could toggle the server into the "physical bomb" mode, which is generally prefered by competitive clans.

I have one question though: Will there be a "Mover\Visual Guide" feature to allow quick changes to plant\bomb\spawn locations? Or will our map makers need to do that on a map-by-map basis?
Unfortunately it's not possible to just edit some config parameter to change the location of an objective, mainly because it requires the lighting and paths to be rebuilt on the map. However, we will provide an Development Kit for Independent Mappers, which contains the unpublished versions of our maps.

Then you can easily rename a map, reposition the objectives to create any setup you want, alter the boundaries, etc. The tools we provide allow to cook custom or converted maps in a way that keeps compatibility with the mod. The IMDK should be released on Thursday. I suggest that you have a look at this thread: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=93956[/URL]

And can I get a copy of the mod to load on our test (Private) server? We will allow anyone on to test.
We will allow server admins to preload the mod, at the condition that they keep their server password-protected before the release occurs. I will send the link to the packages on Thursday. Please send me a PM so I can remember more easily who I need to send the links to.

Upvote 0
TWI has a contest for maps... do they accept submissions of new game modes? ;)

From the rules page: http://www.risingstormgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91

"Implement all standard RS/Red Orchestra 2 gameplay functionality (cover slots, map boundaries, spawn areas, objectives, ammo resupplies, etc) unless the map implements a custom gametype in code (in which case all gameplay functionality must be implemented to support that custom gametype)"

Upvote 0
From the rules page: http://www.risingstormgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91http://www.risingstormgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91

"Implement all standard RS/Red Orchestra 2 gameplay functionality (cover slots, map boundaries, spawn areas, objectives, ammo resupplies, etc) unless the map implements a custom gametype in code (in which case all gameplay functionality must be implemented to support that custom gametype)"

But also:
"Support at least Territory game mode (Countdown and Firefight are optional)"

From what I understand, the map *must* support TE and all its functionalities. If you *also* support a custom game type, then all gameplay functionality of that gametype must be implemented.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Some news...

Mapper Package
The package for mappers is now available:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rl2i9jiqvif8a8l/CustomGameTypes_Mapper_3_0_1.zip

Client Preload
Unfortunately, it will very likely NOT be available on time. I've been trying to upload to the Workshop for hours without any success. Beware, if you have subscribed to the CGT Workshop content, it may conflict with the new content you will download from the redirect servers. Unsubscribing from the items isn't enough since the Workshop doesn't delete content. You may have to manually delete the content under Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published

Anyway, it's probably better to use a redirect. The redirect will work even if you have several versions of the same file in your cache, while I can't say the same about the Workshop. Also (to be confirmed), it seems that content in the Published folder (Workshop Content) will be used no matter what the redirect sends you. That behavior could cause issues with outdated (but compatible) servers. I will make some tests in the next days to confirm that, and if it's the case, I will remove CGT from the workshop.

EDIT: Just tested, and as I feared, the workshop content, downloaded into the Published folder, is always used, even if the newer or older files are downloaded from a redirect. As a result, playing on an outdated server when subscribed to the workshop will result in an error. That situation doesn't happen when using redirect only. Also, unsubscribing won't delete the items, which may cause issues if items are renamed or deleted on workshop. For these reasons, combined with the headache I had trying to upload on workshop, i'll temporarily remove CGT from workshop until a solution is found. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0