• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release - [CGT] 3.0 with Search & Destroy

We're glad to see some people having fun with S&D :)

One problem I have with it is, when the teams change sides, I have difficulty remembering which faction I am playing for (weapons stays the same!) and so teamkills happen ...

I guess you guys won't change it to compensate for my stupidity and lack of memory :D

Eventually we might look into swapping factions instead of swapping sides. The class selection screen could popup and the lobby too, like if the match was restarting, but with preselected teams. That would be useful for CD too.

Upvote 0
It's a great mode!

One problem I have with it is, when the teams change sides, I have difficulty remembering which faction I am playing for (weapons stays the same!) and so teamkills happen ...

I guess you guys won't change it to compensate for my stupidity and lack of memory :D

We originally talked about moving the players from one team to another within the same map to continue the round after halftime. In the end it was much more difficult than simply changing one entire faction from offense to defense.

As thor mentioned, it is a possibility to see it in the future.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

we started to play ro2& rs storm a couple of weeks ago... up to now the game is really nice but we are looking for a little bit more challenging gametype... in the past i really loved to play cod2 sd.

So i am very happy that there is sd also available at ro2. You still playing this gametype?

I guess if you promote this a little bit more a lot of players would like to try it out. Because to be honest the most real gamers a getting sick of playing battlefield and the new cod games...
So could you add me @ Steam to communicate more easy [TB]Superviser

Upvote 0
Just tossing this out of left field here, one critically underplayed map could get a nice boost if remixed with a search and destroy function. Imagine, if you will, Barashka with a couple S&D targets, on the bridges. The Axis would be trying to destroy the bridges before the Allies can capture them (or vice versa of course). It would be search and destroy on a full scale level. If a mapper could create new exploding bridge animation, that would add so much more dynamic action the gameplay. Ultimately, I would love to see more maps made with different objectives like S&D added to rotations more organically.

Cheers,
Crappy

Upvote 0