• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Useful weapons upgrades?

Type 99 LMG bayonet. Mow down a platoon one minute, and then banzai the reinforcements in the next. The scope on the LMG is good too for picking off their pesky steel pots bobbing up and down the enemy trenches, but I don't like how it slows your turning speed so much. I'm very grateful you can flip it on and off.

But seriously the Thompson drum is probably the most useful. From level 0 to 50, the Thompson undergoes the greatest transformation in its ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Other weapon upgrades may improve weapons more, however, the Type 99 level 50 monopod should not be overlooked.

It increases rifle stability so much that it turns the Type 99 rifle into a laser beam. I think its the most useful just because of the amount of times you have to use the Type 99 in game given that most of the team is rifleman.

Upvote 0
How does the Bipod bar fire and how does it compare to the foregrip BAR?

The foregrip BAR being acquired (even without a fully maxed BAR) is very noticeable and a huge boon to any BAR user. It allows you to significantly cut down on recoil whilst in any stance (standing, crouching, prone), especially when doing sustained bursts of fire. I personally recommend using the alternate firing rate with the Foregrip BAR as the recoil is so significantly reduced that you can accurately fire 3-5 round bursts at 125-150m+ with very limited recoil/accuracy issues.

In comparison, while the Foregrip BAR is better suited to an assault/offensive-oriented BAR player the Bipod BAR is fantastic if you get it set-up; think of the Bipod BAR as a very accurate and very easy to use LMG that, while having a significantly lower magazine size than the Japanese LMGs is able to accurately pour fire down-range at very great distances. With the bipod deployed, you virtually have no recoil with the Bipod BAR. At closer ranges where you just need to get rounds downrage to stop a Banzai or attack, use the primary firing rate; at range or with only a few Banzai'ng enemy troops, utilize the alternate firing rate to insure all of your rounds hit their targets and that you aren't firing more shots than needed.

Honestly, it's really about preference for them; of the two, I'd say the Foregrip is far more significant in that it allows you to now have significantly better handling of your weapon at ranges and when firing in full auto or in longer bursts, you have far less recoil to deal with. I'd say level'em up and test'em out to see which one you personally prefer~

Upvote 0