• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Updating -- what is it?

The workshop integration is a complex exercise and the community will benefit from it.

Agreed, great to see it being released! I look forward to seeing many great mods fill the workshop.

On the other hand, I'm a little frustrated that this mod hasn't included the water slowing down infantry thing, and also the tank respawn timer being separated from the infantry timer. Those were two fixes I was really looking forward to!

Upvote 0
Agreed, great to see it being released! I look forward to seeing many great mods fill the workshop.

On the other hand, I'm a little frustrated that this mod hasn't included the water slowing down infantry thing, and also the tank respawn timer being separated from the infantry timer. Those were two fixes I was really looking forward to!
I think we'll have to wait for Barashka's release to get the new gameplay and feature changes.

Upvote 0
This is the steam workshop update. Information on it can be found here: http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Red_Orchestra_2_Steam_Workshop

We will be making an announcement a bit latter today across Steam.

Mappers will need to recook their maps on the new build of the game and SDK.

- i updated my server
- i updated the game
- i recooked my map 5 times since yesterday
- we tested my map on Romanos Server
- i deleted everything in my cache
- i verify the sdk

and now iam out of ideas. what can i do to get my map working again? 3 days before (before the update), everything was fine. and i can play in SDK as always.

but as soon the download is finish and the game loads the map i always got a crash. on romano's server its the same and for romano of course too.

please help :)

edit: FIXED!!!

Mr. Thor is a genius. He told me to delete the "puplished" folder. and than i cooked the map again and TADA it works again! thanks man!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Trying, I knew I shouldn't have gone to that winery earlier :D
question: do i put the server file in my thread and the player file on SW -
and free of version numbers is best?
Yeah, you still need to upload the server file in your thread. The player file on SW without numbers should work just fine. Whenever you update your map on SW, everyone that is subscribed will download the new version when launching RO2.

Upvote 0
Trying, I knew I shouldn't have gone to that winery earlier :D
question: do i put the server file in my thread and the player file on SW -
and free of version numbers is best?

Put both files in your thread,the redirect is still being used for people who don't know about the Workshop,danh updated his map,he never put it in the WS,nor did he remove the version number,and it works fine.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you still need to upload the server file in your thread. The player file on SW without numbers should work just fine. Whenever you update your map on SW, everyone that is subscribed will download the new version when launching RO2.

and everyone who isn't subscribed can get it from the server redirect,so server admins need both files.

Upvote 0
Six-Ten did it take a little while for SW to update? I've uploaded successfully and can see the map in my Workshop files but not in the RO2 SW.

Probably. I saw that you added it in my community friends tab, but it's no where to be seen on the workshop itself. I can still subscribe to it if I click on it through the community tab though.

EDIT: Saw the time you posted this, and it's still not on the SW 7 hours later :| wonder what's up.

EDIT2: I can see it in the workshop for me now, but maybe it's because I subscribed to it off the friends tab. The download works fine too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Obviously this is the patch that's prepping Red Orchestra 2 for paid weapon packs since they were a huge success in Killing Floor.

Finally the MG42 is in Red Orchestra 2! For a mere 2.99$

The DShK 1938 emplaced machinegun for Russians! Only 4.99$

Lend Lease Thompson! A paltry 3.99$

Roks 2 Flamethrower and Flammenwerfer pack! A bargain at only 19.99$

Upvote 0