• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Twi please advertise beta

Tea and Crumpets

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Trumpington Manor
The beta is amazing. So many great changes to the core and pacing of the game that it pains me to go back to the original (plus the beta runs so much smoother for some reason). But no one knows about it.
Put something up on the main news feed so people can get a chance to experiece these changes before you roll it out to the general public.

That is all.

I am not sure it's needed or possible. At least not at this point, when Beta is almost complete (or so I think). If anything it's the release of the update for Realism and Classic modes that should be advertised. Quite a number of people I has spoken to just wait for the Classic to be released but have no desire to download and test Beta Classic, even if it's free. Probably because it's called Beta.

Upvote 0
You are correct: there are two servers.

Furthermore, you ought to be prepared to seed a server, even for a considerable time. Best bet is to try the weekend. If you can, bring your Steam friends. Eventually, the snowball effect is going to kick in, to a greater or lesser degree.

Upvote 0
With the bad launch RO2 had you would think players would jump on the beta bandwagon to help make this game better. How many games have been released in a bad form and you hear, "you should have had more beta testers".

Well here's the opportunity of a lifetime to actually be a beta tester for a good game that will only get greater if and when the beta can be fully TESTED.

Remember, beta testing not beta playing. There shouldn't ever be no players in the beta servers. There are just 2 of them and I hardly ever see them full of HUMAN testers....BOTS cannot test a beta.

Upvote 0
i wonder how many people are affected by this and what the monthly limits are.
there are ways of sharing files that don't involve downloading, like sending a dvd or grabbing a usb stick and visiting someone who already has it (i use the second option sometimes, because my connection is slow as hell).
even with a 10gb limit a month i could manage to download a 2gb update every two or three weeks.
where there's a will there's a way.

Upvote 0
I'm just dreading that the big patch comes out and when people start to play it more and more bugs are uncovered. This would sour the experience of RO2 for many people.
They need to advertise it so more people play it and more bugs are uncovered.
That way when the BIG PATCH does come out it will be polished and bug free.
I'd play if there was an event on EU servers. I wont play on NA servers that have 200 ping. Oh, and custom maps would be nice :p

Upvote 0