• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire,it's time for a new trailer,but...

utek

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
...not like this action bang bang Call of Duty ****,with fake accent ! :mad:

Red Orchestra 2 HD Multiplayer Gameplay - YouTube

it must be something similar to this,in this style of camera position :):):)
Red Orchestra 2 Mayhem - YouTube
and it must include all the good things from RO2,like:
-death screams
-slow death animations
-native voices
-pistols
-reload and ammo check animations
-bayonet charge and kill
-bolt action rifles as a priority
-taunts
-different uniforms

Now that is a great video of the game's action without all the goofy HUD. Great camera angles, no fake accented voices, tense music and tons of action and deaths. If I didn't know what ROHOS was, I could buy it on that video alone.

PS: Loved seeing that guy vaporize in the trench towards the end.

Upvote 0
Now that is a great video of the game's action without all the goofy HUD. Great camera angles, no fake accented voices, tense music and tons of action and deaths. If I didn't know what ROHOS was, I could buy it on that video alone.

PS: Loved seeing that guy vaporize in the trench towards the end.

Someone certainly put a lot of time into that video... good job to the guy who did it.

Something like that would certainly be a good idea, as the current video in Steam still notes "Beta Footage"

Upvote 0
The second one definately has more cinematic quality... But as a gameplay trailer, I like the first one more. It shows what actually matters for a game, actual gameplay, from the perspective of the player. It shows the cool things you are doing instead of the cool things that are happening. Not saying that either is bad, but the former works better for showing of the game as a game, rather than a cinematic.

Upvote 0
The first video is more likely to catch my attention initially, by showing things from a gameplay perspective. The second one might help sell me once I'm already interested, but it's about as detached from the play experience as a cutscene-only trailer would be. I think game trailers are much more effective showing what it's like to actually play the game.

Upvote 0
I raise your Ostfront trailer and give you the best official trailer there ever has been;

Red Orchestra 3.1 mod trailer - YouTube

The atmosphere in this trailer is only matched by that "Mayhem" trailer IMO. For RO2 trailers, TWI went the easy way hastily hacking some online footage together, without even trying to give a feeling what's this game is all about.

The 3.1 trailer wastes too much time showing black screen + dramatic message. Cant tell if there's post process or its just a poor quality, but if its post process, big no no.

A gameplay trailer btw is usually supposed to be hacking some footage together to show you how the game plays and demos the features in action. A cinematic trailer serves a different point. So the mayhem video is awesome but its comparing apples and oranges.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
I raise your Ostfront trailer and give you the best official trailer there ever has been;

Red Orchestra 3.1 mod trailer - YouTube

Damn you beat me to it :p

It's what made everything else possible.

The atmosphere in this trailer is only matched by that "Mayhem" trailer IMO. For RO2 trailers, TWI went the easy way hastily hacking some online footage together, without even trying to give a feeling what's this game is all about.

It's about war & shooting the enemy... both show this quite well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about a few different trailers showing off the aims for the two new modes, and one showing the tanks off. Classic trailer with some suspense, native voices, low HUD, lethal weapons, sway etc. Then a different video with pure action, running & gunning, crosshairs, low damage weapons, pimping the mkb with its scope/bayonet, player progression, big explosions, english voices etc

They could release them one after another in a run up to the free weekend. Might be good publicity and get people talking about the game and make people aware that its aiming for different audiences with one game

Upvote 0
This trailer capture some of the feelings I get from playing ROOST.

I find it greatly amusing how the first-person gameplay shown in that trailer for RO1 features so much of the run-and-gun SMG hip-shooting that RO2 is condemned for... :>

And yeah, both those trailers are good as cinematics, but still show very little of the actual gameplay. They look cool, but I wouldn't say they're terribly effective as advertisements for the game. Anyone can make a great, atmospheric video for, well, pretty much anything, but that can be quite misleading as to how the game actually plays.

Upvote 0