• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release version question

Banhammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm really confused about the state of this game. Is it a beta or a full release? Because there are both version of it. (Does the beta mean a test version where they implement the patches first and then to the retail one?) Usually beta versions are free though. I preordered this game when it came available in steam.

I'm really looking forward to the stats fix. I have played the game 28h and I'm lvl 83. How is that even possible? This is in the retail product.

Does anyone even play this game anymore? I can only see servers filled with bots and few "iiiiiii" tag'd gamers. Where are the english speaking players nowadays?

Ps. Cheers for the Tripwire team, I see how much work you have done here to keep ro2 up :)

There is a released version of the game and beta for classic mode (and two other game modes in progress). Beta is full at times although it's mostly with focus on getting feedback and bug reports (for the testing, in short) than playing. The vanilla is filled with players in the (late) afternoon and at evenings. However, I've heard there are more players from Europe than USA or Ocenia (also some players are from Russia and game can't translate cyrlic alphabet, that's why you saw "IIIIIII" players). Remember that no everyone can play before certain time (work, etc.) so number of player can depend heavily on time, zone and server.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

I'm really confused about the state of this game. Is it a beta or a full release? Because there are both version of it. (Does the beta mean a test version where they implement the patches first and then to the retail one?) Usually beta versions are free though. I preordered this game when it came available in steam.

I'm really looking forward to the stats fix. I have played the game 28h and I'm lvl 83. How is that even possible? This is in the retail product.

Does anyone even play this game anymore? I can only see servers filled with bots and few "iiiiiii" tag'd gamers. Where are the english speaking players nowadays?

Ps. Cheers for the Tripwire team, I see how much work you have done here to keep ro2 up :)

In the afternoons and early evening in particular, there is normally close to 3 full 64 servers-- 2Fjg, the Russian community server (s), the 40 to 1 british server, and also a German Server that hosts a 50 player max (I think). These servers are full of people and no bots. There are also seems to be a couple of 32 man servers that have alot of people on them, with maybe the rest bots. For english speakers, the 2Fjg and 40 to 1 servers are probably for you.
The player Omniconsumer just started a server out of NYC. Apologies for not remembering it. Hopefully he jumps on to shamelessly promote it ;)
I haven't had the time to get on it yet, but it's another US server that is available, anyway. So, at any one point, there are anywhere from 250 to what..500 or more people playing.

The realism mode really is very good. Classic is excellent. Granted, there continue to be some annoying things in realism. But overall, it plays very well.

As far as what TWI has said about the state of the game-- they are fine tuning the classic mode in beta. There will be 3 modes: Action, Realism, and Classic available as a final product. Once TWI feels classic is ready for the 'real world', they are putting out an update to launch classic in the main game. They have also stated that there are possibly 2 maps in development, along with a number of new weapons & vehicles. Other than rumor and innuendo by TWI, it's not completely clear as to what the new weapons, maps or vehicles, will be. One rumor was that they'll be the German Luger as a new sidearm. But, then again, maybe that's just disinfo, and they'll shock everybody with a flamethrower ;) I'd love to use a flamethrower in game :) But, who knows :confused:

Upvote 0
Here ya go:

Yoshiro said on 4/27:
"We are looking to roll out the update for the live build in the next few weeks after we finalize some of the current items in the beta."

Gonna also take a real wild guess and say that there will be a free weekend(s) & some new marketing coming out for HOS around that time-- pre-Memorial Holiday in the US (?) fair guess.

Upvote 0