• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which mode do you intend to play the most?

Which mode do you intend to play the most?

• Total voters
Classic all the way baby...While I agree some of the options isn't realistic.Like the short sprint but it has many handy caps.That reward players for spending time to learn sway energy management etc.At the same time be less forgiving to the new people coming from a console game.This is only building on the advantage ro2 has over the other 2 fps's. "being different"

This is what I loved about ro1 the challenge everyone had a equal set up and chance just skill and being smart rewarded the vet player.In Ost the difference between a new guy and a experienced vet was quite dramatic.In ro2 not so much a CoD guy can run and gun with smg pretty good from the first day.

I'm all for making RO more hardcore and classic will do this or at least is a good step forward.

I agree.

Upvote 0
Of course, you must realise that the kind of people who would prefer action mode are prolly not great forum-readers.

Meaning Action mode is a pre cursor to a console mod with a big single player game currently being worked on to release for X-box.

That said...

I noticed the poll is missing RO2 original recipe mode. OR is that relaism mode?

should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Upvote 0
Meaning Action mode is a pre cursor to a console mod with a big single player game currently being worked on to release for X-box.

That said...

I noticed the poll is missing RO2 original recipe mode. OR is that relaism mode?

should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

It would take some creative genius to bring the essence of RO into the confines of an xbox; however, that is probably reason enough to do it. Creative people live for that kind of challenge. That and the cash of course.

Upvote 0
The inability to use zoom when I need it and having 0 zoom in IS when I don't is the main reason I'll stick to realism.

What? Does it always zoom in Classic when going in IS? You can't control your zoom like in Realism (put IS zoom to 0 and use zoom only with shift)?

I'm asking the obvious but I only tried the beta, and since I like to play with people, uninstalled it and didn't touch it again so I didn't start to tweak the files for better zoom.

If there is uncontrollable IS autozoom, I'll stick with realism. But why would there be locked autozoom? That's horrible on close quarters.

Upvote 0
It's sad to see so many people vote for Realism Mode.

Don't be snooty, people like it, deal with it.

You are going to cause a rift in the community with that attitude, but wait, that's what you want to do isn't it? That's why you make all these threads about only having the classic mode, throwing people out on their butts eventhough they've been playing the Realism mode for 9 months. If I didn't know any better I could swear you were trolling the forums to get back at TWI because the game didn't meet your idealistic views.

Upvote 0
It's sad to see so many people vote for Realism Mode.

You forget that there are also none ROOST vets that do play RO2. The none ROOST vets (like myself) don't have maybe spend a few hours on ROOST and some even didn't play ROOST at all. I can imagine that those that aren't ROOST vets are already pleased with realism. To my opinion, there isn't anything wrong with realism.

Upvote 0
You forget that there are also none ROOST vets that do play RO2. The none ROOST vets (like myself) don't have maybe spend a few hours on ROOST and some even didn't play ROOST at all. I can imagine that those that aren't ROOST vets are already pleased with realism. To my opinion, there isn't anything wrong with realism.

Oh soon when the patch releases, you all shall be converted :IS2:

Upvote 0
seems weird how classic is what every one is picking but the beta servers are never full

There is a rather large disconnect between these forums and reality.

Tens of thousands of RO2 faithful play the game regularly, enough that you will always find a thousand or more playing at any given time.

On the other hand, in the forums, you have the same 200 people arguing the same topics thread after thread after thread. Even if they all agreed, there isn't enough to fill a 16 man server 24/7. That's the truth.

The real unsung heroes of Stalingrad are all the casual gamers who play through ;)

Upvote 0
The inability to use zoom when I need it and having 0 zoom in IS when I don't is the main reason I'll stick to realism. That, and the fact you've become a big fat slob which can't run more than 10 m.
You know that you get the same IS zoom both on classic and on realism, right? The only difference is that classic doesn't have the extra shift zoom.

Upvote 0