• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll About Max Player Counts And Server Performance

Poll About Max Player Counts And Server Performance

• Total voters
Keep in mind, no one would be forcing you to join a 64 player server. You can always join one set at 50 max. Joining a 64 player server, ranked or unranked, is a choice :p

You sorta' ARE forced to play on a 64 person server :(

There's often only one server with a lot of people on it and good ping and its that DARN 64 person one that sucks up ALL the players. Despite what people say, the performance does take a hit when that server is full. It's not the servers fault, but it's better when there are only 50 people on. :(

Upvote 0
Whole discussion is included around only one argument - the overall performance of the 64 slot servers (that is ping, lag, frames, etc..). This is completely pointless in my opinion The most important thing is the gameplay. TWI maps are not designed to play 32 vs 32 players and it is a fact. All the current gameplay is one big spam. For me it is completely unnatural, I do not know maybe I'm too young and I have no such knowledge, it could be possible that at the front it was hard to find a window not occupied by a horny Fritz, or fit in the door, when a herd of horny soldats ran to slaughter each other and when nades flicked with frequency of waving hummingbird wings. Take for example the 64 slot servers in BF3, and now compare the maps in both games, yes BF3 also contain urban maps, and there is the same, players are huddle like sardines in a can...
Personally, on hos really suited to me countdown mode, but unfortunately I have not had too much opportunity to play more than 4v4 or sometimes 6vs6 players. This mode could be the icing on the cake, maybe I had the impression like that, because of playing with a small amount of players without spamfest, lags an with low ping. Countdown could be something perfect for such as Americas Army fans. Perhaps this mode was not enough exposure in this pseudo marketing campaign ...

Upvote 0
Whole discussion is included around only one argument - the overall performance of the 64 slot servers (that is ping, lag, frames, etc..). This is completely pointless in my opinion The most important thing is the gameplay. TWI maps are not designed to play 32 vs 32 players and it is a fact. All the current gameplay is one big spam. For me it is completely unnatural, I do not know maybe I'm too young and I have no such knowledge, it could be possible that at the front it was hard to find a window not occupied by a horny Fritz, or fit in the door, when a herd of horny soldats ran to slaughter each other and when nades flicked with frequency of waving hummingbird wings. Take for example the 64 slot servers in BF3, and now compare the maps in both games, yes BF3 also contain urban maps, and there is the same, players are huddle like sardines in a can...
Personally, on hos really suited to me countdown mode, but unfortunately I have not had too much opportunity to play more than 4v4 or sometimes 6vs6 players. This mode could be the icing on the cake, maybe I had the impression like that, because of playing with a small amount of players without spamfest, lags an with low ping. Countdown could be something perfect for such as Americas Army fans. Perhaps this mode was not enough exposure in this pseudo marketing campaign ...

You might want to read the OP first. In the OP it was explained why this poll exists.

Regarding the player numbers and the maps, with RO2 you can have custom maps. They can be made large. Much larger than the stock RO2 maps. On those large maps 64 players isn't a problem at all.

Upvote 0
You might want to read the OP first. In the OP it was explained why this poll exists.

I did not see another topic on the forum, which discussed the matter the maximum number of slots on the server. And as the argument, which I quoted seems to me more important than 10ms extra with a reduction of 14 slots, is why I posted that here. And those extra 10ms, should be the ultimate argument in favor to reduce the total number of slots on the servers to 50 across the board.

Regarding the player numbers and the maps, with RO2 you can have custom maps. They can be made large. Much larger than the stock RO2 maps. On those large maps 64 players isn't a problem at all.

Remember your words, and please, say it, hopefully to the crowd, who will get to the game during the free week.

Upvote 0