• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Integration of the TankTweak mutator into TWI's RO2 code-base

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
TWI is looking into integrating the functionality of the TankTweak mutator into there code-base (see Ramm's post here). For this they need some feedback from server admins for best settings to be used as defaults. Therefor i'm calling out to the admins that use it to post there serverROTankTweak.ini file here in this thread so that we can get an idea which defaults are preferred (best accepted).

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Great news!

Now if only TWI could do the same with Mekhazzio's anti-lag mutator we'd really be on a roll!

There is always that possibility...Client side hit detection has its merits.

To get back on topic;

Here's the TT .ini we use.
Code:
[TankTweak.TankTweak]
DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage=(Recruit=35.0,Soldier=30.0,Veteran=25.0,Hero=20.0)
DifficultyMainGunVarianceFactor=(Recruit=1.0,Soldier=1.0,Veteran=0.66,Hero=0.25)
TargetSpeedMissPercentage=(Still=0.0,Walking=0.0,Running=20.0)
RangeSettings=(Short=50.0,Medium=100.0,Long=150.0)
RangeMissPercentage=(Short=10.0,Medium=30.0,Long=60.0)
MainGunErrorVsDistRatios=(Horizontal=0.025,Vertical=0.0125)
AllowAIToControlHullMG=true
AllowAIToControlMainGun=true

[IniVersion]
0=1327193125.000000

Upvote 0
Right now we run AllowAIToControlHullMG=false and AllowAIToControlMainGun=false but at beginning we had different settings.
Basicly I tried to eliminate all successful hull mg shots at ranges 50.0+.
As far as I remember I menaged to do it using following settings:

DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage=(Recruit=70.0,Soldier=70.0,Veteran=70.0,Hero=70.0)
TargetSpeedMissPercentage=(Still=0.0,Walking=10.0,Running=20.0)
RangeMissPercentage=(Short=0.0,Medium=40.0,Long=40.0)

AllowAIToControlHullMG=true
AllowAIToControlMainGun=false

So there is 30% of chance of hitting not moving target, 20% walking and 10% running target at the short range and 0% of hitting at ranges medium and long. Some values exceed 100% as I noticed that even having 100% of penalty on medium and long ranges the ai hull gunner still scored some kills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some values exceed 100% as I noticed that even having 100% of penalty on medium and long ranges the ai hull gunner still scored some kills.

I've been looking into that. It appears that due to cone fire for the AI that is part of their shooting inaccuracy, even when they purposefully try and miss they might hit. That is because conefire actually ends up causing something like a "shotgun" effect. So even if they are trying to aim near a person and not hit them, they randomly get hit anyway. So I'm looking into resolving that as well.

My goal is to modify that system so that it would be something that people will want to use, not just give people an option to turn it off.

Upvote 0
Can they have a realistic field of view, ability to miss seeing the target and a delay before they start aiming?

Humans don't always see everything, especially if a target isn't moving, is far away or in a dark area. People don't tend to focus on everything in the screen too, they may concentrate on only a 30 degree angle near where they're looking. They also have a lengthy delay before they start actually aiming, and they have a chance to miss the target

The thing with bots is they just never feel realistic no matter what, it feels cheap and like playing single player (not specifically referring to RO2). Thats not about how good someone is at programming AI, its just how it always is in every AI ever

Not only that, when I play multi player I want to get killed by humans. I don't see the point of getting killed by an AI, its just not fun and pointless

Last edited:
Upvote 0