• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how about coming back to RO1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GfrSeifter

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2007
Austria
I bet that I am not alone with that question.

It was predicted that ROII will not be the great sequel the first part deserves.
In my opinion a relaunch of RO1 with better graphics, new maps and without bugs would have been the best decision. Of course, as many others I guess, I bought RO2 although I was very doubtful of the new part.

You could have had it all but this does not satisfy me I am sorry.

What is left for me to say is to articulate an offer or a demand to you guys, the loyal RO-community: get back to the old one, do not let RO1 die.

A fightnight every thursday is provided by Polish guys. Come and enjoy the good old RO with us!

How about no?

RO2 is totally the better game. When fully functional classic mode comes out it will be similar but a lot better than RO1 ever was.

One fact about me. I played RO2 as much time as I played RO1 in a few months, compared to RO1 4 years (2008). I don't know. There's something about RO2 that makes me want to come back and play more. And RO1 feels just too static for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO1 is outdated. The engine is old. Almost everything is outdated. Sure, the game is not bad because of that, but I look forward for improvements and not playing the same thing over and over year after year.

Fact is, RO2 improves A LOT. It is in its core MUCH better than RO OST.

Thing is, Its like a pouche with dirt and gold; its just a matter of using a filter and remove all the dirt.

GO RO CLASSIC! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I still play more often RO1 than RO2 but I don't see the point of making twice the same game, RO2 is neither more nor less realistic, only different but getting better. Moreover the classic mod will bring all the RO1 stuff.

Remaking the same game with updated graphics would have been risky seeing how harsh the community can be toward TWI, imagine what they would say if they had to buy the same game with only a new graphic engine !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im tired of playing that one map (the name escapes me but its pretty much a clone of apartments).

maybe if there were more people i'd go back to playing it. As a whole though RO2 is a better game when it comes to the mechanics of it, but for some reason im not very fond of the gameplay.

classic mode actually addresses this though

Upvote 0
hm, I just don't see the huge advantages of RO2. My old clan mates from RO1 started to play the 2nd part (as I did) when it was released. Shortly after playing the first hours, the refused to play it. Now they play Battlefield (I thinkg bad company 2).
I play RO1 once a week and if I have time, bf3. RO2 put me off

Have people who complain about the game played it recently ???

The launch was terrible, granted, but now the game runs quite well and the beta runs even better...

WTF.

I can Agree that Battlefield isn't bad, but RO2 is like RO1 different and I pretty good successor.

Upvote 0
Ro2 cant compare with Roost, sorry!!! It has the better graphics, it has the better snipergameplay and the mg handling feels alot better when its mounted. But its not a funny game, the weapons are to accurate, sniper hasnt an advantage because everyone can zoom. Pls dont come and say try the beta (i have tried this so called beta and am not such impressed). Im missing this amazing feeling on the battlefield that gave me Ro and mods, at the moment ro2 dont give me those feelings (no surpression, no teamplay, no bodycollision etc. ) Just look at this video and you have to admit that such a feeling doesnt offer Ro2. Ro2 tries to copy to much Bf and Cod!!!
RO PL BERLIN Event 2012.04.05 - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ro2 cant compare with Roost, sorry!!! It has the better graphics, it has the better snipergameplay and the mg handling feels alot better when its mounted. But its not a funny game, the weapons are to accurate, sniper hasnt an advantage because everyone can zoom. Pls dont come and say try the beta (i have tried this so called beta and am not such impressed). Im missing this amazing feeling on the battlefield that gave me Ro and mods, at the moment ro2 dont give me those feelings (no surpression, no teamplay, no bodycollision etc. ) Just look at this video and you have to admit that such a feeling doesnt offer Ro2. Ro2 tries to copy to much Bf and Cod!!!
RO PL BERLIN Event 2012.04.05 - YouTube
Totaly agree with you my friend,and for the fact.....more servers are full then RO2....just saying!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cwivey
Upvote 0
What is left for me to say is to articulate an offer or a demand to you guys, the loyal RO-community: get back to the old one, do not let RO1 die.

I've got a better offer. How about abandoning this whole idea of civilization and going back to subsistence farming with totally primitive technology?

I guarantee you you'll be healthier :) and possibly happier... :IS2:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.