• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Positive Thread--Favorite Role, Weapon, Feature, Map

Role
Rifleman or Commander depending on my mood. I love helping the team stratagize and keeping up with artillery and recon planes, but sometimes I'm just in the mood to be just another peasant.

Weapon
M9130 Mosin-Nagant. I love the history and simplicity of this weapon. It embodies the spirit of Russia. It is strong and reliable and most of all efficient.
I admire this weapon so much, I own one that was used in WW2.

Map
Spartanovka. This map not only looks amazing but offers very unique gameplay. In no other game does a battle feel more authentic then when you're running through the village of Spartanovka.
Feature
First-person cover system. I use it more than I probably should because of how great the animations look. It also feels more real than manually using cover.
I'd like it even more if they'd tweak the reload animations (if you hit reload while popping out of cover, the animation used is not the "cover" animation)

Reactions: V.Medvedev
Upvote 0
Favorite Role- MGgunner
Favorite Weapon- MG germ or rus
favorite feature- cover system, penetration system, vaulting, bullet calcs
Favorite map..... eh... don't really have a favorite map. I can tell you what map I hate, and that's fallen fighters, w/ w/o tanks. They need to add a sewer system underneath that we can fight under the park cause as it is now, it's a turkey shoot.

Upvote 0
Role
Squad Leader. I like how a squad leader has acces to both rifles and SMGs. I mostly opt for a semi-auto rifle but when there is more close range combat I don't have to switch classes to get an SMG.

Weapon
K98, the first weapon where I got level 50 for and it'll be a while until I get my next level 50 (PPSh is level 40 but I don't play with it as much anymore).
People here sure love the Mosin-Nagant, but I'm not really a fan. I can't put my finger on why I prefer it less than the K98.
When it comes down to sniper rifles it's the other way around. I like the MN sniper rifle way more than the K98 sniper rifle because the MN gives a more open view in iron sights.

Map
Pavlov's house. I just love how this map resembles the real life situation when I looked at a picture online. It gives a lot of vantage points because of all the tall buildings and there are flanking possibilities.

Feature
The amount of detail there is in the weapons. They sound great, they feel powerful and I just love everything about them. Every type of weapon feels and handles differently. As TC said the Reload Check feature is great.
And so is the fact that there are different reload animations depending on the amount of ammo you have left. The G41 for example has 3 different reload animations: awesome.

Upvote 0
Favorite Role - Commander, followed closely by the bolt wielding rifleman!

Favorite Weapon - SMOKE! - is that a weapon? Well, it's my "tool" of choice.

Favorite Map - Tough one... probably dead heat between apartments and grain elevator. I like dense, urban maps with lots of house-to-house fighting. Coldsteel is up there too, if we're including the custom maps.

Favorite feature - Hmm, possibly mantling. I like the destructible objects in RO2 too...

Upvote 0
Role: Assault/ Elite Assault in Classic. I never use the MKB, but the AVT I find just too attractive.

Weapon: AVT. Nothing like a good 'ol Battle Rifle. Switching that sucker to full auto not only scares the enemy, but yourself. You take a real risk when someone pops around the corner and you end up turning a roof into swiss cheese. Takes skill to use too like everything else in game.

Map: I'd have to say Fallen Fighters. It's just gigantic and you have to crawl if you want to get someone. Standing up or crouching is suicide. I love being in the center knowing the rest of the guys are fighting overhead as I am having my own battle trying to capture a point while on my stomach.

Feature: Brass checks by far. They have been done a few times before, but never done right. I love how you can just hold down the reload button and check how many rounds you have and whether you should reload. Why? Because no one is doing it for you. You are on your own out there, buddy.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0