• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The truth

I'm so sick and tired about these people,so many who want tanks,bayonets,halftracks,zoom,mortars,bunkers,pistols,sounds,artilery,spawn,crounch,blood...My GOd people you are going insane,you all want realistic!!!!!!!!What is wrong with you these days,we all play computer games,the reality of life is never going to be on a PC!I'm in a lot of forums,this is the only one who is so criticised not anly about RO2 but the other games in Gaming section,the more the devs are responding to you the more you are stabbing them,this is not fair!There are many things to say but I will stop here,on other forums nobody will answer to you and will delete your posts of complaining but TWI didn't and you ask now from them their ''lives''!And for the fact this is not an pro or anti TWI devs or players,is just an fact that we are going crazy,including myself in some posts!
Never forget this,RO1 was never realistic,maybe a ''realistic' game,but nothing else!
Long live Return to Casttle Wolfenstein!!!:rolleyes:

You changed my mind sir. I agree with you, fully support you. This is the absolute truth.

........wait..

A few times even I can say: I will not take a part of this discussion, or rather flamewar as your post suggest.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
You changed my mind sir. I agree with you, fully support you. This is the absolute truth.

........wait..

A few times even I can say: I will not take a part of this discussion, or rather flamewar as your post suggest.

This coming from the guy who went on a half-year crusade to get RO Classic into the game, spammed and argued with every single person who didn't agree with you..... now you got what you want and now all those who carry on in here like you did are in the wrong, and thus, you now agree with the OP?

Interesting. :rolleyes:

(Just an observation) :cool:

Upvote 0
This coming from the guy who went on a half-year crusade to get RO Classic into the game, spammed and argued with every single person who didn't agree with you..... now you got what you want and now all those who carry on in here like you did are in the wrong, and thus, you now agree with the OP?

Sarcasm, you failed to detect it in his post.

What I look for in a game like RO is not so much 'absolute simulator realism', but more 'hard, brutal, unforgiving, no compromises' realism.
ie, NO stuff like :
  • nerfed grenade damage
  • level ups
  • only enemies on pheriperal indicators
  • artificial hitsounds
  • artificially nerfing the LMG with vertical recoil for 'balance'
  • etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0

What I look for in a game like RO is not so much 'absolute simulator realism', but more 'hard, brutal, unforgiving, no compromises' realism.
ie, NO stuff like :
  • nerfed grenade damage
  • level ups
  • only friendlies on pheriperal indicators
  • artificial hitsounds
  • etc

So, go play RO1 :D

Upvote 0

My half-year crusade of intense writing payed of. My commitment made the Roost Templars victorious. We have won this great crusade, and no one can change that. It's to late. But winning is not enough we must continue.

I am all open for opinions. I want people to express their opinions. But this post doesn't really qualify to open any form of constructive discussion. It's just how the whole post is contructed and the title of this thread is just as ridiculous as the post itself.

It's just funny how someone would register on this board - which obviously is full of gamers bogged down tactical games (not only though) - and then expect them to change their mind by saying that they're insane. Insane because they want more realism in a tactical shooter, insane because they're not happy with the game, insane because they even dare to complain, and at the same time implying that the majority our post would be cencored and ignored at ''the other forums'' to somehow justify the whole argument.

Few people will get convinced when the OP start of his/her post with the statement that everyone is insane. But really, people here are free to discuss the past and try to change it if they wish. Like the last comedian in the coffin, all this is said when things actually start to settle. The post does not make sense in my opinion but it would at least make more sense if it was posted

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sheldon_Cooper.jpg

Is that sarcasm in his post or sarcasm in your post towards possible sarcasm in his post?

ie, NO stuff like :
  • nerfed grenade damage
Have to agree

• level ups
Don't mind leveling up, so long as one can pick what level ups / unlocks one can choose.... gives me a better feeling of progression through a military via experience, etc.

But to each their own.

• only friendlies on pheriperal indicators
That doesn't make sense.... those indicators are to show you movement in that general direction. What's the point in having them on when they only show you your team mates?

Then again, if they are going to remain in the game, they should indicate both friendlies and enemies, or not at all.

• artificial hitsounds
Such as?

Agreed.

..... What is the ultimate goal with this discussion at this very moment?

To kill time?

To halt ro classic? To halt the complaints? To convince these insane people that their opinions about RO2 is wrong?
The turmoil this board have been in is on its last legs. The complaints starts to fade out more and more. RO CLASSIC is on its way. RO2 is out there for those who wish to play that instead.

I don't think it's about halting anything, rather than just him venting his frustrations.

It could be closely tied to trying to halt the complaints in the forums, but that's never going to happen, and most of the complaints are usually constructive towards trying to make things better, not worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I have to say is that anyone who is a massive pusher of realism, try project reality. I love it, but you will see just how quickly defending a point on a 4km map can get boring.

that's why gameplay needs to be tactical and realistic as possible and map sizes need to be limited to players. 64 man servers should not run 5ksq infantry maps. no one would find each other. But an bombed out apartment block would be a perfect size. Enough room to flank, small enough to find each other.

Upvote 0
Is that sarcasm in his post or sarcasm in your post towards possible sarcasm in his post?

:D You failing to detect sarcasm in Cyper's post.

That doesn't make sense.... those indicators are to show you movement in that general direction. What's the point in having them on when they only show you your team mates?

Then again, if they are going to remain in the game, they should indicate both friendlies and enemies, or not at all.

I might be misunderstanding you, but it seems you're not aware that currently only friendlies show up, and hence, that you agree with my point.

You know, the artificial 'thud' you hear when you hit an enemy at whatever distance. They are lowering the sound, but it seems it will remain audible no matter the range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know, the artificial 'thud' you hear when you hit an enemy at whatever distance. They are lowering the sound, but it seems it will remain audible no matter the range.

yeah, I hate this "thud". Spraying a guy from 50m away and you can hear exactly which bullets hit the player, but not any that hit/ ricochets off metal or concrete....

Upvote 0
yeah, I hate this "thud". Spraying a guy from 50m away and you can hear exactly which bullets hit the player, but not any that hit/ ricochets off metal or concrete....

Yeah! A real and genuine earth shattering, game breaking "nit pick". :D

The real truth is the game is highly enjoyable now and is getting much better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:D You failing to detect sarcasm in Cyper's post.

Ah yes, I mis-read.... my mistake Cyper, as well as apologies. ;)

I might be misunderstanding you, but it seems you're not aware that currently only friendlies show up, and hence, that you agree with my point.

When did that change? Every time I see my indicators, it's usually when I turn to see an enemy coming at me with a bayo.

If it only occurs with friendlies, how come my indicators are not going completely crazy at spawn when I'm surrounded by piles of friendlies?

You know, the artificial 'thud' you hear when you hit an enemy at whatever distance.

I only notice it at close/medium range.... when I'm shooting someone halfway across Pav's house, I don't recall hearing any impacts.

They are lowering the sound, but it seems it will remain audible no matter the range.

I guess experience, as well as sound settings, may vary.

Upvote 0
When did that change? Every time I see my indicators, it's usually when I turn to see an enemy coming at me with a bayo.

If it only occurs with friendlies, how come my indicators are not going completely crazy at spawn when I'm surrounded by piles of friendlies?

My brain was malfunctioning! I meant: it only shows enemies, and I want it to show enemies AND teammates.

Upvote 0