Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

The truth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avtomat View Post
    I know I don't. I do speak for the leftover diehard realism fans tough.
    Since as we all know the majority left already because of RO2's personality disorder.

Trying to please the realism crowd with a little bit of realism and trying to please the arcade crowd with a bunch of COD **** didn't really work out that well did it? Still too hardcore for the COD kids and too arcade for realism guys.
    Actually people who left, left for many different reasons.... this so-called personality disorder being only one of those reasons.

Other reasons include performance issues, lag issues, bugs, glitches, first time playing and simply didn't like it, lack of content, feeling ripped off due to half the features presented not being in the game at launch..... etc. etc.

But go ahead, if it makes things more simple for you, make the baseless claim that all of those people left because it wasn't RO1 or it wasn't COD.

Oh great... the classic "HURR DURR JOIN THE ARMY IF YOU WANT REALISM" attitude. Lovely
    Compared to the "HUURRRRRRRR DEEERRRR DDDDUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHH..... go Playe CS:S or COD"..... garbage in, garbage out..... I'm just pointing out that for every time somebody in here like you wants to trash everybody else out who isn't hard up on Realism like you are and tell them all to leave & go play something else, that the counter argument is for you to leave and go play in the military.

Sounds stupid?

Take a look at your own comments, cuz they're just as stupid.

I do play simulators but I won't serve a NATO puppet military...
    Ok then, if everybody else is supposed to go play COD, then you can go back to your boring simulators..... see how that works?

COOL! I seriously thought you played it because someone pointed gun at you...
    Sounds like that's what you'd want.... it'd be more real then wouldn't it? An actual gun is at play..... like Wow.

Everyone of us plays it because of that. Who says you can't have fun in realistic games?
    Depends on what you like.... I don't like simulators because they're boring as old, cheesy hell, but that's each person's preference.

The problem here is that RO was in the middle ground of FPS's between entertainment, fun, multiplayer & realism.... yet because you enjoyed the "Realism" aspect of the game, you think you're the omnipotent dictator for all to adhere to in regards to how RO should be..... in that it should be nothing but a realism-based simulator, and anybody who doesn't agree with you, should go play COD.

Again, the counter is for you to take a flying leap and go join the military.

This is why RO2 and TWI decided to try and reach a middle ground and have different game options for people to choose from, because if they did go completely one way or the other, there'd be just as many complaints and arguments as there are now.

I'm pissed off because of posts like OP's. OMG WTF REALISM GUYS GTFO! NOONE LIKES REALISM IN GAMES bla bla bla...
    The fact that you're "Pissed Off" over a mere video game and getting all riled up over others who don't share your views on Realism speaks volumes and kind of proves the OP's point on how nuts some people in here can get.

TWI should make seperate sections for RO2 modes. For Classic, Realism and Normal so we could make our suggestion in those.
    We won't have to deal with eachother's ****, everyones happy.
    And thus further dividing the community even further.... brilliant.

Maybe you should just grow some thicker skin, take a pill and accept that people have different likes and different opinions, rather than getting "Pissed Off" because some members don't agree with you and kiss your arse over everything you say.

That works both ways. Just because we want realism in RO2 doesn't give the arcade crowd the right to tell us to go fu*k off and play simulations/join the army.
    Ah.... so he finally gets it.

Just remember, you're the one who started to bring up the old "Go play CS:S / COD" crap.

Guess where that low playercound comes from. It comes from the game's inability to satisfy most of it's community. The only thing that gets me to play RO2 are new patches being released. Many people feel the same way over here.
    Again, the reasons for the low player counts these days are over a number of issues in RO2 mentioned above.... and you trashing on everyone else who's not some realism junkie isn't helping the player count go up.

Comment

I just want my MTV

(gotta be over 30-something to get that)

Comment

Originally posted by PeteAtomic View Post
        I just want my MTV

Bev'er'ly Hill'Bill'ies..... Had to have watched UHF or really into Weird Al to get that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Nomad View Post
          Ah yes the old, leave if ya don't like what you see.

That is a two way street!!

ps stop chasing ppl away!

You really did not get this mate! Still insulted I guess...nevermind!
          Chasing players away by pointing out what the forums are for (which was the whole point of this thread) and being pro choice of mode to play ??? Seriously???

Relax buddy!
          Last edited by Piscator; 04-14-2012, 01:03 PM.
          Edgar Lindner

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
            Jesus, if i was a TWI employee I would say why do I bother...
            It will be sorted, everyone will be happy and i may even win the lottery!!!
            i5, EVGA Mobo, 16gig Ram, 560Ti graphics, creative X-Fi sound, Coolermaster Power, OC'd to 4.9 Stable. Win 7 64bit

Comment

Realism and tactical gameplay is what set RO1 apart from all the other shooters. COD BF CS QUAKE UT etc.. etc.. etc.. what are they? ARCADE SHOOTERS. I would have been playing Rainbow Six Vegas, but Ubisoft skunked the **** out of the series with a release much like RO2 but they never patched or supported it so BIG +1 to TWI.

That is what set RO apart from every other shooter out there. The fact that it was the Eastern front, or western front, or pacific, or space would have not mattered. It was all about the gameplay. Cause it definitely wasn't the graphics I can tell you that right now.

Personally if I had control of TWI I would have told them to make RO2: Modern Warfare. RO1 gameplay, RO2 refinements, FN-FAL, MP5, AK-47, Flashbangs, Leopards vs. T-90's

Comment

Originally posted by PeteAtomic View Post
                I just want my MTV
                Then you also should know, that "the Truth is out there".
                Is MTV still available where you live, or became it pay TV?

Comment

I liked and played RO:O because it was so much different than mainstream FPS games. RO:O offered great balance between realism and solid gameplay, and successor of Ostfront needed new game engine, animations, features like mantling etc.

Since TWI decided to go with "more accessible"/unlocks/levels/SMG's gun'n'run/mobile respawns/fantasy weapons/<you_name_it> and totally forgot what was most important about RO roots, fans and customers started discussion about where HoS is going, but devs ignored it.

After release we got a game with limited features, bugs and gameplay that didn't fit RO nor CoD players. Player base went down, roladder has been closed and you know the rest of story.

RO2 might get back from it's own grave if TWI:
                  - release RO2 gamemode ie classic
                  - add missing day one features (campaign mode, demorec 2.0, etc)
                  - fix most of bugs so maybe roladder will be reopened
                  - release RO-style maps w/o APCs
                  - fix mod tools (I've heard that mappers ain't happy about current state) and organize map contest
                  - start free weekend, drop price and add Rising Storm for free

The truth is: TWI succeeded in sale numbers and income for sure, but totally failed on other fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Cook View Post
                    Realism and tactical gameplay is what set RO1 apart from all the other shooters. COD BF CS QUAKE UT etc.. etc.. etc.. what are they? ARCADE SHOOTERS. I would have been playing Rainbow Six Vegas, but Ubisoft skunked the **** out of the series with a release much like RO2 but they never patched or supported it so BIG +1 to TWI.

That is what set RO apart from every other shooter out there. The fact that it was the Eastern front, or western front, or pacific, or space would have not mattered. It was all about the gameplay. Cause it definitely wasn't the graphics I can tell you that right now.

Personally if I had control of TWI I would have told them to make RO2: Modern Warfare. RO1 gameplay, RO2 refinements, FN-FAL, MP5, AK-47, Flashbangs, Leopards vs. T-90's
                    CS, Quake and UT aren't arcade shooters, they're arena shooters. Pretty insulting to lump them with modern BF and modern CoD.

Comment

"Oh noes, you want halftracks? That's way too much reality for a video game!"

pfft, some of you kids are unbelievable.

Comment

arena shooter... arcade shooter, only difference is the maps

Comment

Originally posted by Razvanss View Post
                          I'm so sick and tired about these people,so many who want tanks,bayonets,halftracks,zoom,mortars,bunkers,pis tols,sounds,artilery,spawn,crounch,blood...My GOd people you are going insane,you all want realistic!!!!!!!!What is wrong with you these days,we all play computer games,the reality of life is never going to be on a PC!I'm in a lot of forums,this is the only one who is so criticised not anly about RO2 but the other games in Gaming section,the more the devs are responding to you the more you are stabbing them,this is not fair!There are many things to say but I will stop here,on other forums nobody will answer to you and will delete your posts of complaining but TWI didn't and you ask now from them their ''lives''!And for the fact this is not an pro or anti TWI devs or players,is just an fact that we are going crazy,including myself in some posts!
                          Never forget this,RO1 was never realistic,maybe a ''realistic' game,but nothing else!
                          Long live Return to Casttle Wolfenstein!!!
                          You changed my mind sir. I agree with you, fully support you. This is the absolute truth.

........wait..

A few times even I can say: I will not take a part of this discussion, or rather flamewar as your post suggest.
                          Last edited by Cyper; 04-17-2012, 06:26 AM.
                          ''Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.''
                          - Edward H. Harriman

Originally posted by Rabid Penguin
                          I would rather blowtorch my nipples off than play Action Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyper View Post
                            You changed my mind sir. I agree with you, fully support you. This is the absolute truth.

........wait..

A few times even I can say: I will not take a part of this discussion, or rather flamewar as your post suggest.
                            This coming from the guy who went on a half-year crusade to get RO Classic into the game, spammed and argued with every single person who didn't agree with you..... now you got what you want and now all those who carry on in here like you did are in the wrong, and thus, you now agree with the OP?

Interesting.

(Just an observation)

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt-Praxius View Post
                              This coming from the guy who went on a half-year crusade to get RO Classic into the game, spammed and argued with every single person who didn't agree with you..... now you got what you want and now all those who carry on in here like you did are in the wrong, and thus, you now agree with the OP?

Interesting.

(Just an observation)
                              Sarcasm, you failed to detect it in his post.

What I look for in a game like RO is not so much 'absolute simulator realism', but more 'hard, brutal, unforgiving, no compromises' realism.
                              ie, NO stuff like :
                              • nerfed grenade damage
                              • level ups
                              • only enemies on pheriperal indicators
                              • artificial hitsounds
                              • artificially nerfing the LMG with vertical recoil for 'balance'
                              • etc
                              Last edited by Proud_God; 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM.
                              Supporting:
                              Disapproving: progression, spawn on SL, spawns close to cap (RSOD)
                              Since: beta 1.0 UT2003

Comment

Originally posted by Proud_God View Post
                                Sarcasm, you failed to detect it in his post.

What I look for in a game like RO is not so much 'absolute simulator realism', but more 'hard, brutal, unforgiving, no compromises' realism.
                                ie, NO stuff like :
                                • nerfed grenade damage
                                • level ups
                                • only friendlies on pheriperal indicators
                                • artificial hitsounds
                                • artificially nerfing the LMG with vertical recoil for 'balance'
                                • etc
                                So, go play RO1

Comment

Working...
                                X