• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Status of Death Screams

So, uh, I know this has been brought up before, but what exactly is the status right now on the (lack of) death screams in RO2? Is it caused by a bug? Was it intentional? Does TWI intend on trying to get them working again any time soon?

add it to an already very long list.:rolleyes: just come back from another session on the beta, more bugs, i'm trying to stay positive I really am...

Upvote 0
how about posting some bug reports for the ones you find? only way they'll fix the problems.
thanks!

already done that, MG low firing in beta. dont get me wrong, i like the game, I just find it frustrating having to constantly try and play with so many bugs and glitches that have been documented for so long.:) ANd i'm aone of the patient ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Canned voices are dangerous. They get old fast. In order to do it right, there must be at least 200 different ones, and none of them as corny as what we have now.

If that stipulation is met, I'm all for it. Otherwise, re-playability factor is damaged by the instant memorization and expectation of the sounds.
you hit the nail on the head. having my guy scream out stupid phrases while i'm trying to sneak up on someone is a game-breaker as well!

Upvote 0
Canned voices are dangerous. They get old fast. In order to do it right, there must be at least 200 different ones, and none of them as corny as what we have now.

If that stipulation is met, I'm all for it. Otherwise, re-playability factor is damaged by the instant memorization and expectation of the sounds.

I'm playing with native voices enabled. If my Russian avatar is yelling out "I think I got him!", then I really have no clue. If I learn it eventually, then I'll be happy--RO2 will be teaching me part of a different language.

Seriously though, once you have native voices enabled, they neither sound corny nor get old fast. Every now and then, my German/Russian (vanilla or beta) says something that I literally had never heard until that point. Some of the death moans are really bloodcurdling.

Upvote 0
That's exactly how it's supposed to function. They're not something that comes up on every kill. I haven't poked at the script to verify, but I assume it's linked to the location and severity of the killing wound. More likely from a gutshot than a headshot, for instance.

Still it seems they are a lot less prevalent than they were when they were functioning properly in the pre-release beta.

Upvote 0