• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will bots always be allowed on ranked servers?

No, it doesn't make sense.

It's only one of a number of design issues in the game as released (some of which are changing now) that make no sense.

Nothing has been said by TWI to suggest that this particular one is going to change. That said, if you play Classic, it will be academic anyway since player level will have no effect on weapon performance or availability anyway.

Upvote 0
Well, since my other thread got closed, I'll just drop this in here: As of a few moments ago, there were 773 listed players in the top 30 servers. 471 of those were bots, and 302 were human players.

That's a serious problem for Ranked servers, and the Rank/Stats system in general. It's also a problem for other reasons beyond the scope of this thread, but that can be discussed elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Well, since my other thread got closed, I'll just drop this in here: As of a few moments ago, there were 773 listed players in the top 30 servers. 471 of those were bots, and 302 were human players.

That's a serious problem for Ranked servers, and the Rank/Stats system in general. It's also a problem for other reasons beyond the scope of this thread, but that can be discussed elsewhere.

Actually, the only problem is the wailing and moaning over BOTS... You want a totally BOT free server? Put up your own server and end your "pain".

Cripes... enough with this bot noise already.

Upvote 0
The bots aren't the problem, the low playerbase is the problem.

Hehe, do you have any idea just how many players absolutely despise playing against bots?

I know an awful lot who simply won't play because the servers are full of bots. They play DH instead.

But, as you say, the the number of players is the problem, not the bots :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hehe, do you have any idea just how many players absolutely despise playing against bots?

I know an awful lot who simply won't play because the servers are full of bots. They play DH instead.

But, as you say, the the number of players is the problem, not the bots :rolleyes:
LOL! there's 116 players on dh now. how many of those do you know?
not to mention the fact that ro-ost and dh both have bots. so i'm confused about your point entirely.:confused:

Upvote 0
LOL! there's 116 players on dh now. how many of those do you know?
not to mention the fact that ro-ost and dh both have bots. so i'm confused about your point entirely.:confused:

You cannot reasonably compare the number of bots present in OST/DH to those present in RO2. Not at any point in their history has the ratio of bots to humans been comparable to that of RO2 currently.

Upvote 0
You cannot reasonably compare the number of bots present in OST/DH to those present in RO2. Not at any point in their history has the ratio of bots to humans been comparable to that of RO2 currently.
i think you're right. there is more bots on dh than ro2. just counted them all up. it's about ten bots to every human on dh right now.

Upvote 0
i think you're right. there is more bots on dh than ro2. just counted them all up. it's about ten bots to every human on dh right now.

OK, whoops. That doesn't really affect this thread, though, or the issue of the bots-to-player ratio in Red Orchestra 2, a game which has been out for 7 months.

edit: wait, out of 96 players I could only see 8 bots. How did you determine this 10:1 ratio? Again, it doesn't matter either way, because we shouldn't be talking about mods for the 6-year-old predecessor to the current game in the series.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What it really needs is more frothing at the mouth psychopaths desperately attempting to downplay its very real problems on forums via a hilariously forced, smug sense of "just fine here!" all day. Thanks for the cheap shot, though.

I'll say it again, what this game needs is less wise guys and cry babies!

(if the shoe fits...)

Upvote 0
Did you know that problems go away if you pretend they aren't there? You just need to trivialize all discussion as "whining" and suddenly you have a flawless game. Isn't it working great Mike?

Raneman, go to your room!

All you've ever done is squawk about the game. Try playing it instead of knocking it and those who do enjoy the game. ;)

Back on topic;
The bots in RO2 are at the pleasure of the Admins using them. Believe this; take the bots away and every Admin that's using bots will go away too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0