• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Community Tool] RO2 Cache Extractor and Downloader

For some reason a friend's install of the map downloader gave a very strange location for the map download destination. i think it was pointing to the cache area by default.

i fixed it so it went to

C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC

But weird that it happened.

Any further thoughts how to get around the need to run as admin ? This still challenges many people.

Also distribution of this applications, can it get done through steam. Has anyone any idea about this ?

Upvote 0
---SNIP---
Also distribution of this applications, can it get done through steam. Has anyone any idea about this ?

It can, but you need to be a by steam trusted vendor to do so. Steam doesn't just allow anybody to just use steam to install there home made software. That would be a too easy way to spread an unknown virus or trojan horse. Knowing steam, them the procedure of becoming a trusted vendor will probably be a headache procedure :D

Upvote 0
It can, but you need to be a by steam trusted vendor to do so. Steam doesn't just allow anybody to just use steam to install there home made software. That would be a too easy way to spread an unknown virus or trojan horse. Knowing steam, them the procedure of becoming a trusted vendor will probably be a headache procedure :D

Yes, you need to be a game developer / publisher or you have no chance.

Upvote 0