• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Community Tool] RO2 Cache Extractor and Downloader

Spread word about this application anyway way you can.

Make it a point to not only tell your mates but also tell RO2 players that are strangers to you.

If you have a steam group, put up a notice. If you are in a clan, put out a note to you people.

If everyone does that then more players will have the custom maps sorted.

I am going to be doing my bit to make sure the latest custom maps are on my redirect and available through this application, so you do your bit and promote the bloody thing!

Question, how do we get this thing distributed through Steam as a RO2 Companion? Now that is what I am talking about !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
U7div.png

is this anything to worry about?

Upvote 0
Shouldn't the second path be where RO2 is installed on Steam?

Like this:

c:\steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC

That's how it works for me.

You can do it like that if you wish. I set the mygames path be default as it would be easier for a user to check what they have downloaded.

Still stumped on Ranemans issue.

Upvote 0
Would be great if my RO2 would stop giving me those warnings about ambiguous map files when I start up the game.

I might experiment with changing the location config over he weekend.

Some people might panic when they see the warning messages.

That will happen if RO2 finds the same roe/upk/u files at more than one location. You probably have a file in your cache which has a duplicate sitting in your CookedPC folder.

Upvote 0
That will happen if RO2 finds the same roe/upk/u files at more than one location. You probably have a file in your cache which has a duplicate sitting in your CookedPC folder.

Exactly what Ducky said. If you are going to use the download, it's probably best to delete your cache ;)

I could update the tool to be a bit more intelligent and nuke other versions of the same file it finds when you go to download it i guess.

Upvote 0
That doesn't happen to me,i have two Props Diebresche files still in my cache,and they're in the cookedpc folder as well.
I thought that if the game found the custom files in the usual folders it would then ignore the cache.
The duplicate files might be somewhere other than the cache.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76040

Last edited:
Upvote 0