• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stand Alone game

Stand Alone game

• Stand Alone game

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • DLC that requires RO2

Votes: 138 41.4%
  • Free

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters
I understand r5cya, I guess what I was saying is that I hope RS can hit both points, that feel of war and immersion and the ro2 improvements, but honestly I can't really put my finger on what made ost better for me, the only way I can explain it, is that I loved hitting the dirt with 20 others while bullets and arty flew over your head.

Upvote 0
I understand r5cya, I guess what I was saying is that I hope RS can hit both points, that feel of war and immersion and the ro2 improvements, but honestly I can't really put my finger on what made ost better for me, the only way I can explain it, is that I loved hitting the dirt with 20 others while bullets and arty flew over your head.
i know what you mean. i spent a lot of time ducking in front of my monitor as well. ;)
i sure wish we could figure out just exactly what made us feel that way.

Upvote 0
Its kind of hard to put the finger of it but it was something like a "you are in the battle" feeling. Especially on the bigger maps you could have intense firefights and moments while being in a single space of a map. You could stay there for a entire round for over 20 minutes defending or attacking it but oyu still felt like being part of a larger battle that is actually around you. I think the problem with most RO2 maps is that they are pretty centered. This probably makes sense design wise but the more bigger and open maps were also very interesting.

Upvote 0
i know what you mean. i spent a lot of time ducking in front of my monitor as well. ;)
i sure wish we could figure out just exactly what made us feel that way.

I think it has to do with simple sound. In ost you could hear the impact and whiz of bullets flying all around you, the ricochet sound as they hit the cover you were hiding behind. It may not seem like much, but it really did make you think "Oh sh*t, do I really want to run to that next wall? or will I get shot?" On the other hand, Ro2 may have supression, but in the end it dosn't actually supresss as well as great sound effects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it has to do with simple sound. In ost you could hear the impact and whiz of bullets flying all around you, the ricochet sound as they hit the cover you were hiding behind. It may not sound like much, but it really did make you think "Oh sh*t, do I really want to run to that next wall? or will I get shot?" On the other hand, Ro2 may have supression, but in the end it dosn't actually supresss as well as great sound effects.
Two simple words:
Darkest Hour :rolleyes:
I've rarely seen better suppresion effects than in this mod.
You have the physical throwing off of the aim as well a the great sound effects.
When i think about it there are very few features i completely appreciate in RO2 that weren't implemented in DH in an equal or better way (enhanced tank damage, suppresion, selectable spawnpoints).
If RS is anything like DH i'll gladly pay for it.

Upvote 0