• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stand Alone game

Stand Alone game

• Stand Alone game

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • DLC that requires RO2

Votes: 138 41.4%
  • Free

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters
Well, I ain't going to pay a single cent for it. All respect for the team working on it, but if the mod goes in line with RO2's type of gameplay and features, then I'm not interested to give away my money.

Just out of curiosity, what if the mod doesn't go in line with RO2's type of gameplay and features? Are you then willing to pay for it?

Upvote 0
I'm a sucker for WW2 so I'll buy it either way, but I really hope it is more akin to Ost. Only good could come of it, it would have the potential to pull the people that left RO2 because of its gameplay change, I firmly believe people that enjoy ro2 but never touched ost will be more than happy to enjoy the ost feel, and the people that claim to like ro2 more but played ost can't complain because they enjoyed ost for years. The huge rural maps with forest/ jungle, and the urban maps that were built to specifically force a front line of sorts, where all hell is breaking out over the edge of the ditch are what made ost, imo.

Upvote 0
I'm a sucker for WW2 so I'll buy it either way, but I really hope it is more akin to Ost. Only good could come of it, it would have the potential to pull the people that left RO2 because of its gameplay change, I firmly believe people that enjoy ro2 but never touched ost will be more than happy to enjoy the ost feel, and the people that claim to like ro2 more but played ost can't complain because they enjoyed ost for years. The huge rural maps with forest/ jungle, and the urban maps that were built to specifically force a front line of sorts, where all hell is breaking out over the edge of the ditch are what made ost, imo.
what about those of us who loved ro-ost enough to put over 1200 hours on it, but have already passed that by a good margin? ya know why i already have more hours in ro2? because it's better. to say i can't complain if it ends up like a asian version of ost, is crazy. i want much more than that.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, what if the mod doesn't go in line with RO2's type of gameplay and features? Are you then willing to pay for it?

If this mod turns out to hold the same formula such as Ostfront and/or DH there is no doubt that I will pay for it. It may sound vague, but my previous suggestions and many suggestions in 'Hardcore Realism Package' pretty tell me what's worth to pay for if you ask me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just hope it doesn't further split the RO2 userbase which is on life support already as it is...

Personally I avoid any war games in which Americans are included. As an American myself, I feel it gets a little too jingoistic and I feel embarrassed while playing it. This is one of the reasons I like the Germans vs. Russians setup in Ostfront/HOS as I don't identify too strongly with either side.

I find myself being a strong hater of anything patriotic, and playing a game in which you are in the military of your own country is just a little too patriotic for my sensibilities.

Upvote 0
what about those of us who loved ro-ost enough to put over 1200 hours on it, but have already passed that by a good margin? ya know why i already have more hours in ro2? because it's better. to say i can't complain if it ends up like a asian version of ost, is crazy. i want much more than that.

I'd say I hope you are enjoying your day in the sun, and I hope I get mine. RO2 feels like an empty shell of a game compared to ost, despite graphics and features, ost had a feeling of war that was what made it fun for me, RO2 is good, but I just feel like I'm playing a realistic version of bf 1942 sans planes.

Upvote 0
I just hope it doesn't further split the RO2 userbase which is on life support already as it is...

Personally I avoid any war games in which Americans are included. As an American myself, I feel it gets a little too jingoistic and I feel embarrassed while playing it. This is one of the reasons I like the Germans vs. Russians setup in Ostfront/HOS as I don't identify too strongly with either side.

I find myself being a strong hater of anything patriotic, and playing a game in which you are in the military of your own country is just a little too patriotic for my sensibilities.
I understand how you feel. I think the best way to prevent the splitting of the playerbase would be to integrate all the Rising Storm maps with the RO2 maps on the same servers, which would pretty much require RS to be free. However, this would add a nice variation in which one minute you can be attacking on Mamayev as a German, and the next you can be playing as the Japanese on Iwo Jima. This would be the best way to strengthen RO2 overall. However, there would be a great possibility that all the players vote through the RS maps match after match.

Upvote 0
I'd say I hope you are enjoying your day in the sun, and I hope I get mine. RO2 feels like an empty shell of a game compared to ost, despite graphics and features, ost had a feeling of war that was what made it fun for me, RO2 is good, but I just feel like I'm playing a realistic version of bf 1942 sans planes.
sounds like you had your day in ostfront. i misssed the early days. those 1,200 hours were just in the couple years before ro2 came out. hopefully you'll find what you're looking for soon.

I understand how you feel. I think the best way to prevent the splitting of the playerbase would be to integrate all the Rising Storm maps with the RO2 maps on the same servers, which would pretty much require RS to be free. However, this would add a nice variation in which one minute you can be attacking on Mamayev as a German, and the next you can be playing as the Japanese on Iwo Jima. This would be the best way to strengthen RO2 overall. However, there would be a great possibility that all the players vote through the RS maps match after match.
i think combining them on servers is a great idea! i'm pretty sure it's not gonna be free though. i hope they can find a way to make your idea happen anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As much as I like the idea that RS will be easy to access for RO2 players I rather not see it implemented like this. I would like to see something like a button the the RO2 main menu that allows you to switch to Rising Storm and back to RO2. People will be confused and maybe sometimes even upset wheny they play RO or RS and suddenly the map changes to Stalingrad or the Pacific.

Upvote 0
I agree with MeFirst. If it's launched through RO2 (possibly a better option) it'd be nice to have that special icon to click in the RO2 main menu to deploy into Rising Storm.
I had thought of that option, because I like how seamless it is to switch to Vietnam in Bad Company 2. However, when I got Vietnam, I completely stopped playing BC2. That's why I think it's better for the community overall to integrate both games together.

Upvote 0