• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stand Alone game

Stand Alone game

• Stand Alone game

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • DLC that requires RO2

Votes: 138 41.4%
  • Free

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters
I've had the pleasure of testing it and it just hit me, if they have a free RS weekend/week, they'll have people lining up to pay good money for it. and i'm not talking ten or twenty bucks. i'd gladly pay the same i paid for ro2 dde pre-launch. what was that? fourty or fifty bucks? alot is going to come down to the state of the RO2 playerbase at the time. if no one's playing ro2 at the time, it's gonna scare some people away. these games are kinda joined at the hip, like it or not.
good news is, i don't really see ro2 dying anymore after the goty patch. too many happy people.:D

Upvote 0
Depends. If you are working on it 2 years day to day, and are being funded by someone, or if you are doing it 2 years in you spare time, as a hobby.

If worked on it for 2 years and being funded by someone, then it's as good as equal to a day time job. The funder did invest in it and might expect something in return.

If worked on it for 2 years in spare time as a hobby, then a lot of quality time in it. It's my opinion that something like that should be rewarded too.

I would not mind at all if I have to pay for the Rising Storm mod.

Upvote 0
If worked on it for 2 years and being funded by someone, then it's as good as equal to a day time job. The funder did invest in it and might expect something in return.

If worked on it for 2 years in spare time as a hobby, then a lot of quality time in it. It's my opinion that something like that should be rewarded too.

I would not mind at all if I have to pay for the Rising Storm mod.
Indeed, from what I've seen this is a very decent mod where a lot of work has gone into. But considering the current amount of people that play HoS you'll need one heck of a marketing campaign to get many people to pay for it if money is going to be charged for the game.

I think a small charge of 5-10 euro's would be in place or a pay-whatever-you-want thingy. I'd gladly pay for this but apperantly some people don't agree with that. Asking to much money will probably lead to less people buying and it would be a shame if this would die out too early because people think it's too expensive.

I'm not going to vote on the poll yet because I simply don't know enough about this subject. I don't know how much work has gone into this, how much money and how the player count of HoS will be when RS is finished.

Gamescom would be a good time imo to get some new info/material out and get people (more) pumped for this game and then consider how the game will be released considering the reception of the new stuff by the public.

Upvote 0
So this free mod, is turning to be something that we have to pay for? It was announced that it will be in RO1 free, then RO2 free, but as we see, its not certain.

I wont pay for it even 1 cent.

Greed will destroy you.
it was announced that there was a possiblity that there would be a charge. if you read the thread, instead of voting and skipping to the "reply button" afterwards, you'd have seen that.
i'll gladly pay the one cent for you, if you're skint. ;)

Upvote 0
Mod is abbreviation for modification. Mods are usually developed by fans of a certain game. They develop additional or completly new content for the game. This can go from minor optimization of gameplay mechanics, graphics, sound or other things to total conversions.

Rising Storm is a different project because it is unique that developers hand out SDK software to a mod team before the game is released and they also support the Rising Storm Team with ressources.

Reactions: Fisher
Upvote 0
mod is abbreviation for modification. Mods are usually developed by fans of a certain game. They develop additional or completly new content for the game. This can go from minor optimization of gameplay mechanics, graphics, sound or other things to total conversions.

Rising storm is a different project because it is unique that developers hand out sdk software to a mod team before the game is released and they also support the rising storm team with ressources.

+1

Upvote 0
I feel like it should cost at least some $, cas I want to play with people who actually appreciate the mod. Not some jackass who's only goal is to screw around and take the sniper class

How does this logic not also apply to people who pay for the game?

Paying for Red Orchestra 2, according to you, does not mean that people appreciate the game. Why should that be so for Rising Storm?

Upvote 0