• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About "RO2 Dying"

It's a shame to see RO2 pretty much matching "SP only" games in terms of the curve :( I use quotes around "SP only" because RAGE and Dead Island both have MP components, but according to reports they both get boring quickly.

I think the weekend peaks are the most interesting, other games peak way more than ro2, does this mean there is less casual type players than people think?

Upvote 0
I prefer the game having a small skillfull community over a huge dumb one.

Go away fail troll.

i'd rather have a community that is large enough to sustain itself rather than cramming into the 5 available servers.

i dont know about you, but i like a game where i can find servers under 150 ping.

Also if the community is large then you can create a clan consiting of a "small skillful" people, but people who dont have time for clans and like to pub (i.e. me) can still easily find a game not infested by people 3 oceans away.

Upvote 0
I think the weekend peaks are the most interesting, other games peak way more than ro2, does this mean there is less casual type players than people think?

Interesting point... but I *think* - people with statistical minds feel free to correct me - that it's down to the relative difference in graph scale. That is, you can still see weekend peaks for RO2, but since the baseline is already lower, the peaks are smaller too. If RO2 had twice the average player count that it currently does, I think the peaks would also appear to be twice the size they currently are - and more in line with the other games on the graph.

There again, it may just be a case of simple multiplication resulting in exactly the same kind of "low peaks" even with higher average numbers, and I'm therefore talking rubbish :) heh

Upvote 0
I just joined this forum to say that i never really played much ro1 even though i had it since it came out retail and i think ro2 is amazing, much more immersive that ro1 ever was. I need my WW2 fix now and then and there is no better game in my opinion to get it, outside of a RTS.

Keep up the good work TWI, i have gotten lots of people to purchase this game and we all love it and it runs awesome on all our machines. As for bad ping times that people complain about, well i always have pings in the 30s to 60s in the servers i use so.... shrug.

Upvote 0
Well, they did get their pre-BF3/MW3 release cash sales, now can the beta stage move toward its freaking end and move toward a game worthy of being deemed an actual, working release? I wanna be able to have shots register when I ADS directly on someone's chest 10 feet away from me and pull the trigger. If nothing you can do allows your shots to register from more than 20 or 30 feet away (and even that distance gets iffy), what the hell is the point in playing, unless you get your jollies from frustration?

556 current players on Steam stats as I post this ... wow, a third of who's playing MW2 & BFBC2 ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0