• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you feel RO2 is ready for more content to be added?

New content is far, far, far more likely to help solve existing bugs than it is to introduce new ones.

Content such as maps and the like are simply data that is processed by the game. The game really doesn't care if this data is a flat plane and a few cubes, or if it is a very complex building. New bugs are very unlikely to be created from introduction of new code. Instead, any 'new' bugs that are introduced by new content, such as new maps and the like, are actually existing bugs that are already there. We just don't see them as the current content wouldn't expose them, or doesn't expose them often.

New content, made by people who have little to nothing to do with fixing bugs, means that more information on the bugs may be gathered. More information on bugs means a far, far easier time narrowing things down so you can actually Fix the bug.

Earn a degree in Computer Sciences, and you will quickly learn that understanding the cause of a bug is many many times as hard as actually fixing it.

Is the lecture finished? nobody needs a degree in Computer Sciences to know that what this game needs is fixing, something the 7-8 patches haven't succeeded in doing so far, take a look at the support part of the forum and ask the guys posting there, if they would rather have their problems fixed or new content.
And since you chose to ignore the other 2/3 of my post i'll restate some of it again:

"FIX THE SOUND BUG FIRST TWI, I'M SICK OF PLAYING WITH NO SOUND.
What would be the point of having new tanks, vehicles or weapons, if i can't hear a bloody thing"

So my answer to the OP question is, no, this game isn't ready for new DLC yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd rather have them work hard at optimizing.

Then have a map-making contest once people start to get the SDK.

Host the finalists on the TW servers and have a vote system to gauge player enjoyment.

After its all done, TW can give the winning maps a final face-lift to bring them in-line with the rest of the levels and BAM! New maps (like they did with Killing Floor).

p.s. TRACTOR FACTORY!!!!!

Upvote 0
And since you chose to ignore the other 2/3 of my post i'll restate some of it again:

And since you decided to ignore what I said completely:

Most of the People who would make new Content are NOT the people who can do anything about your sound bug!

In other words, new content Does Nothing To Slow Down Bug Fixes, but may actually AID in Fixing Them.

Upvote 0
The game needs fixing - in fact the game needs to be remade on a system other than unreal engines which have been hacked to nth degree. But that's not going to happen - the makers decided on a unless, hacker friendly engine because it was basically free and made the game - so I say fix the faults, build more anti-hack protection before any sort of extra content gets made - unfortunatley building anti-hack may mean no mods, but I can live with that.

Reactions: Luckless
Upvote 0
You are aware that content creation would have next to nothing to do with the people who would be required to deal with those issues, right?

Or would you prefer the artists, mappers, and other content related persons at TWI to sit on their hands and do nothing while they wait for others to weed out issues?

Pretty sure the artists are probably working on the next set of tanks, well it would make sense, I mean you better get started on the 6 month process early.

Upvote 0
The game needs fixing - in fact the game needs to be remade on a system other than unreal engines which have been hacked to nth degree. But that's not going to happen - the makers decided on a unless, hacker friendly engine because it was basically free and made the game - so I say fix the faults, build more anti-hack protection before any sort of extra content gets made - unfortunatley building anti-hack may mean no mods, but I can live with that.

You do know they won the license to the engine and that is primarily why they are using it? (someone correct me if I am wrong) EDIT: I just reread what you wrote, nevermind :eek:

Oh, and I really haven't seen any hackers. How many players out there have really had the game ruined by hackers anyway?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe there are far more important things to be fixed but I do have strong doubts that Tripwire will fix this things such as improving the weapon handling, removing the lockdown timer, improving the command system, the injury system, and so on since their intention was to create a more accesible game. The most important thing is that this content is free. I personally feel like it isn't right to pay for additional content if the game isn't stabilized and fixed. It think it is very important to move slowly with all this and let it takes it time. It is very important to create a good foundation before dlc's and such are fixed otherwise people might leave the game anyway due to it's current flaws.

Just to jump in, you do realise any DLC's and addons for the game that Trip releases will all be free?

The most important thing is the content is free.... yet since the content was always going to be free, that's a non issue and any new DLC/Add-ons to the game are a bonus at this stage.

Upvote 0
I think Tripwire should only concentrate on fixing the game for a long time. They can start work on more content such as weapons and vehicles but I think they should let the community do the maps for a while. In Ostfront Tripwire took a lot of the popular community maps and made them official so I'm hoping they do it this time too. Hopefully Tripwire only include historical stalingrad maps into official maps at first.

Upvote 0
And since you decided to ignore what I said completely:

Most of the People who would make new Content are NOT the people who can do anything about your sound bug!

In other words, new content Does Nothing To Slow Down Bug Fixes, but may actually AID in Fixing Them.
Isn't this a bit of a contradiction? the people working on new content have nothing to do with bug fixing? but who knows just by luck they might fix them?
Anyway, enough of this nonsense, its getting us nowhere, we all want the new content, but even if its ready i don't think the time is quite right yet.
THE END.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Although I think that DLC would be very good for us players, it would be pretty stupid right now from pretty much every other point of view.

The game's been out for only a month, preformance is not yet fixed for everyone, the sound bug still plagues many people, and lag is screwed up.

These things should be top priority. After they're ironed out and fixed, we can speculate about DLC.

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0
Although I think that DLC would be very good for us players, it would be pretty stupid right now from pretty much every other point of view.

The game's been out for only a month, preformance is not yet fixed for everyone, the sound bug still plagues many people, and lag is screwed up.

These things should be top priority. After they're ironed out and fixed, we can speculate about DLC.

Well the only reason why I brought it up in the first place was because the game's been stable for me since official launch and many others have had their games working perfectly fine after the last few patches, so I was wondering if the majority of players are fine with their games now and want new content added now..... or if the majority of players still can't play decently and thus, continued focus on performance and bug tweaking is required.

I can't speak for those who are still having problems, I can only speak for myself and that the game works perfectly fine for me, no major issues, no sound glitches, nothing.... thus for myself, I'm ready for new content to be added. (But I am aware not everybody is at this stage)

Upvote 0
Isn't this a bit of a contradiction? the people working on new content have nothing to do with bug fixing? but who knows just by luck they might fix them?
Anyway, enough of this nonsense, its getting us nowhere, we all want the new content, but even if its ready i don't think the time is quite right yet.
THE END.

No. Fixing bugs is hard, but what is far harder is actually Finding them.

"The game lags" or "My sound cuts out" is not finding a bug. It is the results of a bug, it is what the bug does, but it is not the bug itself.

By having more content and more players using that content, you have a far greater chance of exposing conditions under which bugs occur.

Either way, the people making content aren't fixing the bugs, so they may as well produce more content to increase testing base.

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Yup! The ship is ready to sail her Maiden Voyage through the Arctic! Add in 10 new vehicles and launch Rising Storm! As long as the graphics are good I don't need any fixes to my performance... My personal suggestions are stealth recon planes and red dot sight for mkb :cool::cool: For the tanks I'd like to see an M-1 abram and a Space Marine Predator

Upvote 0
I believe there are far more important things to be fixed but I do have strong doubts that Tripwire will fix this things such as improving the weapon handling, removing the lockdown timer, improving the command system, the injury system, and so on since their intention was to create a more accesible game.
Those are designs choices, not "problems" that need to be "fixed", and them being "broken" is a matter of opinion, and something that can be alleviated with the SDK/server settings.

Just to jump in, you do realise any DLC's and addons for the game that Trip releases will all be free?

The most important thing is the content is free.... yet since the content was always going to be free, that's a non issue and any new DLC/Add-ons to the game are a bonus at this stage.
I was going to say that:(*grumble*.

Personally the games been pretty much perfect for me since release, except for the lag after starting a new map -fixed now- and the occasional sound bug under the same circumstances -hasn't happened recently-, and whats more I'm able to run it flawlessly on ultra graphics on my HD6850 and 3.4 quad (I'm not much of an expert on the capabilities of individual pieces of hardware, so this kind of surprised me a little). So yea, I'd say I'm ready for more stuff. It maybe a while though, on the first episode of PCGamer Digital Alan (I think it was him) said in an interview that it take 3 months to make just one tank.

Upvote 0