• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

I think what the people who say "who cares about the population dwindling" are forgetting it affects others abilities to get on a server with a decent ping. Already its tough to find a decent server, and one that doesnt just show 45ms ping until you join and everyone is 180ms+ .

I like this game, i want to see it succeed, but the reality is the games state int he first two weeks drove alot of people away, and it was not for the better.

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That's what happens when you market into the cod crowd, then the vets dont like it nether do the cod players.

Exactly. 100% agree.
I just hope Tripwire learns from this and starts LISTENING to the community about needs to be fixed. :rolleyes:

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=35450&from=1316996877

Statistics are the easiest lie ever.

That's how it looks if you look THIS WEEK.

I'd say it's balanced out pretty nicely at slightly over 2.5k

Could go up by 500 or down by 500 and we'd still have a larger playerbase than RO1, and still waiting for the first big DLC and mods. I see no real reason to worry.

Lol i thought the hope was for a significant out-doing of RO1... not just a tidge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
Im not hating on battlefield, in fact i used to love battlefield, just not this full price reskinned bc2 that could very well be a BC2 mod

if you think they wont charge for map packs, well, dunno why people insist in lying to themselves, the only reason why bf3 wont get modtools is so they can sell dlcs and a new battlefield game next year, just like they did with bc2, believe what you want, i'll be here to say i told you so when the time comes :rolleyes:

Sorry for answering so late^^
Hm... I don't see it as a reskinned BC2. IMO it plays nothing like BC2. Okay.. maybe OP Metro, but not Caspian Border! :) Caspian Border plays very much like the good old BF games :) A shame that they took it out... Well, I'm also not sure about free Mappacks. We'll see. But they don't have such bad prices like ATVI. They are mostly pricing it okay.

And, you're not right on 2 points:
1. It's not sure yet if BF3 will get Modtools. They said they hear the community loud and clear because of modtools and the are discussing it.
2. There won't be a new BF next year :p They already said, that they won't do a BF every year (no "main" BF. Games like BF:p4F for example don't count. Other DICE team did this). They said it would kill the series.

But, Slowly i'm getting tired of OP Metro as the only beta map (Why can't DICE do the same as TW?? They should show us more maps ^^). And because of that I'm also playing RO2 very soon again =) :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im not playing this ATM because the honor system is bugged and achievements are bugged also. The game itself is great but I want to EARN my achievs and honor. I'm leve 80 already... ... I know TWI is working on a fix and I will return once this gets fixed.

This game is GREAT FUN and I am playing Dead Island until this game gets the honor fixed. BF3 beta has no effect on me, BF3 is fun but that one map is getting boring lol.

Reactions: realninja
Upvote 0
For the record, I'm still playing, I just haven't played in the last three days due to more important things in my life. No game breaking bugs for me, no issues with gameplay or things not being balanced.

The game works just fine for me.... I just haven't been playing recently.

I guess if anything, I could have been playing it too much and need a break for a couple of days.... but I've had legit excuses.

I'll certainly be getting back into it when I have a chance.

In regards to not finding many servers, I think the server browser still isn't 100%, as many of the servers available are not always showing up.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/ro2/

^ Looking on here, there's 18 pages of available servers (483 Servers total) Though there's not many on those servers right now, it's either night time for most countries, or working hours where I live, so not many playing should be expected at this time.

It'll all pick up soon enough.

I'm not surprised, I played on the 14th of September and the day after. The game just didn't work. I tried again recently and it is just terribly disappointing.

And now I discover the Darkest Hour servers are empty. RO2 has now destroyed and fractured the entire RO community.

Geez, Drama Queen much?

DH was already pretty well dead before RO2 came out. I'd be lucky to find 2 populated servers for DH before RO2 was released. I'm actually seeing more RO:Ost servers now since RO2 was released, so I'd guess people just shifted from DH, back to RO1 and now to RO2.

It happens.

Yet another thread complaining about lack of players.

Roll on BF3, COD hopefully then alot of these lone solider jerks who have no idea about capturing points as a unit and using the momentum of that to spur you on further into the enemy`s layer to win the game.

I dont care if there is only 64 players left, as long as i can get on that server and play.

These forums are quickly turning into the same as the steam forums, a place of hate and animosity with very little substance.

Could i be the only one, who actually enjoys this game with all its little quirks ?

I enjoy the game and yes, I agree on your remark towards this place turning into the Steam forums.... it's getting kinda sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
83751710.jpg

Upvote 0
The majority of clans/people I know are all playing the BF3 beta and their HOS servers are empty. The grass is always greener you know..... But, I know they'll be back and will end up playing both in the end.

Unless BF3 releases mod tools, I don't see the point of getting it.

HOS runs fine for me and the gameplay is fun enough for now, although it's not exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. Too RnG-y for my taste on most maps. The mod makers will save it for me in the long run and hopefully some good maps too. Honestly, I'm not worried, there's enough like minded people in the community to make it into what I want and keep it alive.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0