• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

Justin MacDuro said:
Yesterday about 2850 people wre playing RO2 at this time ... today 2702 people playing RO2 ... Today is Saturday , weekend , no school , university or work ... but people is not playing RO2 .
Not everyone is playing during weekends. Why you do put space between words and characters?

Skjold89 said:
1. Unlocks, A-historical loadouts (alot of autos and semi-autos), very quick sprint pace etc.
TWI promised to change things, but first they focus on getting the game playable for many people. Then they will try to figure out what to change in a way to make it a good change for many people. There was an example that they did some changes in the past for a small, but vocal group on the forums and then a lot of angry actual players came to get answer why they did fix something that wasn't broken. To make them listen we (as the players) need to PROVE our point being valid not by putting anger on forums and DEMANDING changes just because we see things in a specific way and it's our right as a customer to order TWI around.

Skjold89 said:
2. I should have been clearer on that, i didn't mean ALL RO1 vets.. but it is pretty apparant that quite a few of them is not happy with this game however many of them like RO2 aswell.
Some of them are happy, some of them aren't. But who is RIGHT or who should we listen to?

Skjold89 said:
3. What made RO1 a great game? The only game i ever played that actually made me feel i was on a WW2 battlefield but that's my opinion.
Well, I did play Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis a long ago and for me that was a true war. My first contact with something more realistic too. In my opinion Red Orchestra 2 isn't that far from being real battlefield or, on the other hand, close enough to call it CoD-like. I agree that some changes could be made (and probably will be), but I fail to see the game as trash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
especially when they realize BF3 ain't all that. no, really, played the beta, not seeing the hype.

Tried it yesterday and it's a big fail, couldn't even bind my mouse buttons. had to start a game to change my settings which kept resetting after i got spawn killed, the game launch in windowed mode from a web browser.. Fail is going to fail hard. doesn't even look like a BF game at all. You can thank EA for that POS.

Upvote 0
Yet another thread complaining about lack of players.

Roll on BF3, COD hopefully then alot of these lone solider jerks who have no idea about capturing points as a unit and using the momentum of that to spur you on further into the enemy`s layer to win the game.

I dont care if there is only 64 players left, as long as i can get on that server and play.

These forums are quickly turning into the same as the steam forums, a place of hate and animosity with very little substance.

Could i be the only one, who actually enjoys this game with all its little quirks ?

Upvote 0
Could i be the only one, who actually enjoys this game with all its little quirks ?

Nope. Lots of folks having fun with it. Yup, it has bugs , but then again they all do at one point or another. And I'm sure they will get fixed. Our group has a lot of fun with it when we get together , and its good to be all back together having a good time on TS3. Maybe being part of a great gaming community is the difference? I dunno. Those whining about the money they spent on the game and railing about the game or for a refund shouldn't be playing on a gaming PC with broadband internet.They either cant afford it , or simply want to make a statement about their self importance. Its just a game folks, get over yourselves.

Reactions: Pinball Jones
Upvote 0
People who say "get over yourself" typically think themselves superior to the people they're talking down to.

Irony is awesome.

And you have almost 1/4 of my posts in a month of my being here for 5 years +, and they are, for the most part, negative. Please get the full picture of irony before quoting it.

Upvote 0
Yet another thread complaining about lack of players.

Roll on BF3, COD hopefully then alot of these lone solider jerks who have no idea about capturing points as a unit and using the momentum of that to spur you on further into the enemy`s layer to win the game.

I dont care if there is only 64 players left, as long as i can get on that server and play.

These forums are quickly turning into the same as the steam forums, a place of hate and animosity with very little substance.

Nope. We all still love it. Play it when ever I can. Had many , many awesome games already. Been immersed in it every time.

Reactions: Pinball Jones
Upvote 0
I really don't know what all these bugs are that people are talking about. Stats and server browser, that's the only issues I run into and I've been playing the game a lot.

I agree. There are tweaks available to increase performance. A simple forum search is your friend. Should you have to tweak the config to make a game run for you? No, but I did and now I am enjoying the game immensely.

Upvote 0
I think this is the point that sums up your feelings well. You seem to be an expert in Unreal engines so I imagine that you've done some work for it? If so, can we all see it?

No but if was my job to deliver a product based on the unreal engine i'd make sure i was an expert; i certainly wouldnt release a half finished product.

I wasnt aware you needed to be an expert in something in order to criticize it. If i were to see a movie and say it was terrible, you would probably tel lme that my opinion is invalid because im not an expert in film making...

Nope, BF2 didn't have any mods, not Project Reality or Forgotten Hope 2, both of which are total conversions that are being worked on even today.

Neither of which had a player base larger than vanilla BF2. Promod was good but certainly not something i would lose sleep over if it wasnt included

Even for RO2 when it comes to the maps, out all the vile excretions from the map making community, maybe only 10% of the maps were worth playing and only 5% ever made it on other peoples servers.

BTW, FH2 took last year's mod of the year award by moddb, but why should it matter to you.

I'm happy for them, but you're right it doesnt matter to me; i never played FH2.

Because you didnt answer or reply to my other points, i'm going just assume that you are arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Dont bother replying as i wont reply back

Reactions: Goten and Raquel
Upvote 0
They either cant afford it , or simply want to make a statement about their self importance. Its just a game folks, get over yourselves.

Not everyone is optimistic as you are friend! You have to understand, that some people want a game that meets their standards when they pay $40+ for a game, and not everyone can buy tons of games. For some people, a couple games is all they have.
I purchased this game, expecting to enjoy it. Although I find myself enjoying the odd round that doesn't have problems, it still annoys me when the game crashes, or I encounter several problems from the bugs. This takes away from the full picture, and hinders my enjoyment of a product that I purchased.
I understand it's just a game, but as someone who spent money, damn straight I'm going to be a bit negative if I feel like I didn't get my money's worth.

Upvote 0
In the build up to Ro2 beta i was so looking forward to it from titbits id seen here and there that i bought and played Ro1 and killing floor. Playing them made me look forward to ro2's release even more, I actually bought 3 copies so i could give two copies to some mates who werent totally convinced.

The initial bugs and such didnt upset me too much, my rig generally ran fine but thats obviously not the case for everyone because my playing time has decreased due to the lack of people now playing in my part of the world, Aus/NZ. Sunday morning there was 6 players tops on one server, just no fun.
Its only 4 weeks into release and already just like my experience with ro1 prior to ro2, the only time a server would be filled down here is if there is some organisation. Dam shame, and bf3 cant be totally blamed as ro2 was losing players before that beta was released.

Upvote 0