• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

ro1

ro1

I stopped playing about 2 weeks ago. I went back to roost and ro:dh, which i actually only had just started to play for the first time a month before the release of ro2. So i obviously do not like ro1 more because im a "veteran afraid of change" (a lable iv seen used in this forum in various ways). I started to play both games around the same time and I like roost and darkest hour alot more than ro2 alot more for its unique challenging gameplay and real battle feeling.

Because I am new to ro1 I can see my self playing for many more hours not caring at all of what is going on with ro2. Though unfortunately the servers i played in on roost and dh have dropped drastically in players ever sense the release of ro2. So i keep coming to these forums in hope to see any updates or mod advancements that will make ro2 more like ro1 so i can enjoy the type of ro1 gameplay i have recently discovered more regularly.

Upvote 0
Pop is sort of stabilizing around 2,700.

about 400 more than the previous stable period.

Just pointing out that some users thought the 3 GB patch AND stats fix was going to bring back the community. It goes to show that first impressions mean everything.
^ True that, couldnt get mah Project Reality friends to play with me even after BF3 beta ended.
Also, the number of players online in the serv browser seems fake, check the screenie I posted in prev page.

Upvote 0
2Cents from all around gamer.
To start of i would like to say that i enjoy RO2 pretty much, even with the bugs until the realease of BF3 was quite easy to find a server ( i live in ASIA) and have fun.
I own all BF series and CoD series as well. If you check my Steam aco**** you gonna see that im a DICE loyal consumer the gameplay and good mods like PR and organized huge battle like batalha pelo mundo sites and other similars makes it a good value game.
When i decided to buy RO2 I read all foruns related to game, i read about all bugs and complains i watched videos from the gameplay and decided to buy to support TW studio and RO comunity.
My first impression was WOW this game is really something awesome that deserves its place on the PCs of FPS players . But them i start to check the foruns for bug fix or news and observe the procedure from it user base, all them bragging themselves of being "true fps players" and a lot more BS. That started to annoy me. I think with myself, on which kind of isolation people are living that cant admit or see whats is wrong with the RO2. I respect TW and any other studio, and im wanting for bug fixes hoping that more players comeback to play and make my 39.99USD worth it.
But right now is unquestinable that the since 29 Open Beta BF 3 realease the player database dropped from arround 5000 players to 2500 or less. right now that are 897 players online according to ingame browser.

Second some people here keep demeaning fellow users who bought the game and are not happy with it. Telling than to go away and play CoD or BF or CS. You might consider that they bought a product just like you did, and if they dont like they have the right to complain. If you dont like people complaining just dont open or ignore those threads, its just stupid to create a bad vibe on the community that needs players to support TWI efforts.
SKJOLD89 summons all my thoughs apart from being a RO veteran and being upset .

TWI staff clearly know whats wrong and are working on it, and sure there heads are quite busy, and worried with the outcome of RO2 so far.

@Raquel voce

Upvote 0
I think it includes single player or something. The steam stats were also a bit inflated in Ostfront too
No way in hell 500 people are playing SP every day.
Gonna count the people tomoro morning (less players, easier to count) and compare to that number.. can I report it to steam if its idd fake? coz me thinks it displays the same number in steam stats.

Upvote 0
11X2x.png

Im not playing RO2 at the moment. Arty sound makes the game unplayable for me... and I don't know, tha lack of "realistic" feel that RO:OST had :(

Can you provide the curve for RO as well??

Upvote 0
Right it is.
I need to rethink several times just starting it.
And when i go on im fed up just after some minutes mostly---period.

Yesterday this game had less players than DoD:Source .. which i played in 2004 or 2005 i think.Im goin to look for a RO1 server now .. :rolleyes:

Right now its got 1,3k users in.Sure its a "niche" game as people who still can like it say, and RO1 was too but most players i know from RO1 are quite disappointed with it.
The niche of this game will close in a drop of a hat.
Still im having my eyes on the "Iron Europe Mod" , that looks promising someway since they announced bigger maps and have actually nice sounds presented some time ago. .. Id love to see one of those maps to get a better picture.

That's funny. I have the same syndrome. I go on to play RO2, have some unenjoyable moments and turn to look for RO servers.
I did play DoD:S/DoD for a long time.
DoD:S was just like how RO2 is treating the RO fans.

Upvote 0
:D

I suppose I could place a laundry list of our 6 ranked servers here, not to mention the dozens of others that are available in the US alone. If you cant find or get into some of them, you are either not making an effort to locate and document them in favorites, or you do not know how. Like others, I find the level of negetivity puzzling from a psycological standpoint. I and my clanmates spend hours each evening with the public on our servers. We got plenty of room, and enough experience to give anyone a good workout.

Come join us you poor soul. Put yer trigger finger where the pie hole is, son.

Now... If this fella is truely convinced that this sim is a washout, then he would spend time enjoying another. He would have little time or incentive to come here and air out his desperate need to tell us why we too should be as upset as he. I know pathological behavior when I see it.

...and the thing is... when this one is gone, he will be replaced by yet another such soul. Day in, day out.

:cool: Know what I think? This is just my half-baked opinion; no one else's.
You can throw rotten vegetables at me if you wish. I believe many of these upset folks are kids with a system two generations back and a broadband pipe to match. They can't run it under those conditions, they desperately want to, and they are not in a position to get mom and dad to make ammends. By gosh, somebody is going to suffer fer this!

I know... let's torment all those folks having fun over at Tripwire. That'll
fix 'em!

Upvote 0
From what I gathered from your post

1. You are trying to advertise your servers (only about 6 servers total are worth joining atm, not "dozens"), but to be fair you didn't actually give us details about the servers

2. You think you know psychology, and that's my schtick fella. This forum ain't big enough for the both of us.

Truth is, the numbers don't lie. The community for this "game of the year" as some posters like to describe it, is incredibly small and it continues to dwindle.

You can "Put yer finger" in your ears and hold your breath till you are blue in the face but you'll eventually realize the game isn't as strong as you convince yourself it is.

Upvote 0
Truth is, the numbers don't lie. The community for this "game of the year" as some posters like to describe it, is incredibly small and it continues to dwindle.

This this this this this.

You folks can debate it all you want, but those numbers are impartial and unbiased. They tell the truth. RO2 has dipped as low as 600 players at times. Please don't try and tell me that it's going to "get better" after dropping THAT low.

Upvote 0
I never intended to mention or identify the servers, because I'm not trying to advertise them. That would be a little unclassey. There are plenty out there, and they are easy to find.

"You think you know psycology, ...this forum ain't big enough for the both of us?" Oh, My. You can't imagine what that sentence reveals about you. Ah'm shakin' in muh boots quick-draw. You haven't been alive long enough to walk down THAT road yet.

As for the game. It will stand or fail on it's own merits. It is directed toward a specific market, and as such, it will reach a certain audience. But I think barely a month after it's release, too many folks think they got it's future all tied up in a package. I think that is a bit presumptious.

Reactions: Lettland
Upvote 0
i never intended to mention or identify the servers, because i'm not trying to advertise them. That would be a little unclassey. There are plenty out there, and they are easy to find.

agreed, but that's certainly not above this forum; i did give you the benefit of the doubt though

"you think you know psycology, ...this forum ain't big enough for the both of us?" oh, my. You can't imagine what that sentence reveals about you. Ah'm shakin' in muh boots quick-draw. You haven't been alive long enough to walk down that road yet.

well, i'm not a big fan of posers. I've been alive long enough to earn a ba in psych and i don't like people diluting my field. Basically i was beating around the bush asking for your credentials (i'm fully aware i'm not the only one with a degree). I like to chat with fellow colleagues. Now dance partner *pew pew*

as for the game. It will stand or fail on it's own merits. It is directed toward a specific market, and as such, it will reach a certain audience. But i think barely a month after it's release, too many folks think they got it's future all tied up in a package. I think that is a bit presumptious.

i'm on record saying that i think most people are cautiously awaiting the sdk and a couple of the modifications. I'd also fit into that category.

:d

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, i'm not a big fan of posers. I've been alive long enough to earn a ba in psych and i don't like people diluting my field. Basically i was beating around the bush asking for your credentials (i'm fully aware i'm not the only one with a degree). I like to chat with fellow colleagues. Now dance partner *pew pew*

:) I'll accept everything you said as truth.

If you are a professional, the last thing on earth I'd expect to hear coming out of your mouth is something like your sharp response to certain aspects of my post. It doesn't fit. I'm not posing as anything. I rendered an opinion. I'm not attempting to be anything here but an opinionated observer.

I studied for awhile under a fella by the name of Dr. Kapeller. He was quite a character. One of the things he stressed during our introductory courses was: "Don't try this at home kids; even if it's tempting."

Sure hope you're not making a living at this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I always try to avoid accusing posters of mental illnesses. =P

But I do try to make them realize why their opinions are being bashed (usually has to do with how they approach and respond and has little to do with their actual opinion). It can sometimes turn into a situation of "When you stare into the abyss too long, it will stare back at you".

Gotta go run some errands now before rush hour traffic hits. ttyl

Upvote 0