Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Where the players gone ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tet5uo View Post
    People who say "get over yourself" typically think themselves superior to the people they're talking down to.

Irony is awesome.
    Oh Get over yourself!

jk Tetsuo

Comment

• Originally posted by Raquel View Post
      Im not hating on battlefield, in fact i used to love battlefield, just not this full price reskinned bc2 that could very well be a BC2 mod

if you think they wont charge for map packs, well, dunno why people insist in lying to themselves, the only reason why bf3 wont get modtools is so they can sell dlcs and a new battlefield game next year, just like they did with bc2, believe what you want, i'll be here to say i told you so when the time comes
      Sorry for answering so late^^
      Hm... I don't see it as a reskinned BC2. IMO it plays nothing like BC2. Okay.. maybe OP Metro, but not Caspian Border! Caspian Border plays very much like the good old BF games A shame that they took it out... Well, I'm also not sure about free Mappacks. We'll see. But they don't have such bad prices like ATVI. They are mostly pricing it okay.

And, you're not right on 2 points:
      1. It's not sure yet if BF3 will get Modtools. They said they hear the community loud and clear because of modtools and the are discussing it.
      2. There won't be a new BF next year :P They already said, that they won't do a BF every year (no "main" BF. Games like BF:P4F for example don't count. Other DICE team did this). They said it would kill the series.

But, Slowly i'm getting tired of OP Metro as the only beta map (Why can't DICE do the same as TW?? They should show us more maps ^^). And because of that I'm also playing RO2 very soon again =)
      Last edited by PsYcHo126; 10-02-2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Im not playing this ATM because the honor system is bugged and achievements are bugged also. The game itself is great but I want to EARN my achievs and honor. I'm leve 80 already... ... I know TWI is working on a fix and I will return once this gets fixed.

This game is GREAT FUN and I am playing Dead Island until this game gets the honor fixed. BF3 beta has no effect on me, BF3 is fun but that one map is getting boring lol.

Comment

• I'm not surprised, I played on the 14th of September and the day after. The game just didn't work. I tried again recently and it is just terribly disappointing.

And now I discover the Darkest Hour servers are empty. RO2 has now destroyed and fractured the entire RO community.

Comment

• For the record, I'm still playing, I just haven't played in the last three days due to more important things in my life. No game breaking bugs for me, no issues with gameplay or things not being balanced.

The game works just fine for me.... I just haven't been playing recently.

I guess if anything, I could have been playing it too much and need a break for a couple of days.... but I've had legit excuses.

I'll certainly be getting back into it when I have a chance.

In regards to not finding many servers, I think the server browser still isn't 100%, as many of the servers available are not always showing up.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/ro2/

^ Looking on here, there's 18 pages of available servers (483 Servers total) Though there's not many on those servers right now, it's either night time for most countries, or working hours where I live, so not many playing should be expected at this time.

It'll all pick up soon enough.

Originally posted by koalorka View Post
            I'm not surprised, I played on the 14th of September and the day after. The game just didn't work. I tried again recently and it is just terribly disappointing.

And now I discover the Darkest Hour servers are empty. RO2 has now destroyed and fractured the entire RO community.
            Geez, Drama Queen much?

DH was already pretty well dead before RO2 came out. I'd be lucky to find 2 populated servers for DH before RO2 was released. I'm actually seeing more RO:Ost servers now since RO2 was released, so I'd guess people just shifted from DH, back to RO1 and now to RO2.

It happens.

Originally posted by Nervous_Energy View Post
            Yet another thread complaining about lack of players.

Roll on BF3, COD hopefully then alot of these lone solider jerks who have no idea about capturing points as a unit and using the momentum of that to spur you on further into the enemy`s layer to win the game.

I dont care if there is only 64 players left, as long as i can get on that server and play.

These forums are quickly turning into the same as the steam forums, a place of hate and animosity with very little substance.

Could i be the only one, who actually enjoys this game with all its little quirks ?
            I enjoy the game and yes, I agree on your remark towards this place turning into the Steam forums.... it's getting kinda sad.
            Last edited by Cpt-Praxius; 10-03-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• I'm waiting for the next patch before I play again. My friends and I have been trying the game after every patch hoping it fixes the major problems.
              [url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/wazups2x][img]http://cards.steamprices.com/eE5TRDUwMVVUMHM9.png[/img][/url]

Comment

• I already unistal it, i will keep coming to forums, to see if there are improvements on :
                -Less autos
                -Hit Reg at Close Range
                -Mods

Cya.

Comment

• Comment

• hehehe Olivier, after seeing that pic, the first thing that came to my mind was the Harry Enfield's loadsamoney video

Comment

• The majority of clans/people I know are all playing the BF3 beta and their HOS servers are empty. The grass is always greener you know..... But, I know they'll be back and will end up playing both in the end.

Unless BF3 releases mod tools, I don't see the point of getting it.

HOS runs fine for me and the gameplay is fun enough for now, although it's not exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. Too RnG-y for my taste on most maps. The mod makers will save it for me in the long run and hopefully some good maps too. Honestly, I'm not worried, there's enough like minded people in the community to make it into what I want and keep it alive.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I just want to see what it's like using an mg34 at 300+ meters....or just long range fights in general. Have to wait for custom maps first.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiedTrying View Post
                          I just want to see what it's like using an mg34 at 300+ meters....or just long range fights in general. Have to wait for custom maps first.
                          I couldn't agree more. Need moar mannikkala, leningrad... good lord, just port all the goddamn maps from RO to RO2 D:

Comment

• http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/ind...rom=1316996877

Still dipping...

By next week player pop could be under 2,000.

Hard to say how the stat reset will go. It could bring some players back, it could run some off. I say it's a wash.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiedTrying View Post
                              http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/ind...rom=1316996877

Still dipping...

By next week player pop could be under 2,000.

Hard to say how the stat reset will go. It could bring some players back, it could run some off. I say it's a wash.
                              I know I will be back to try it out

Maybe I can get some XP for my squad leader now.
                              My LP thingy on Youtube: [URL]http://www.youtube.com/user/tomme25[/URL]

Comment

• I'm only gone because something broke and I cant play, it just crashes.
                                Once I get that fixed I'll be back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X