• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG 34 Barrel destroyed

MGs are pretty damn effective on servers without kill cam. Unless someone is staring directly at you when you kill them....you can camp all day from a good spot and go a while before getting flushed out. Maybe not on like, Apartments, but on Pavlov's? All. Day.

Even on Apartment it's pretty effective. You just have to vacate your favorite spot everytime you need more ammo, then people just forget about you so you can go back to your killing spree :D

People just underestimate how much MGs own if you setup on angled window so that you are mostly hidden.

Back on MG barrel overheating, DP28 barrel is much less likely to break, because it's rate of fire is much lower than the MG34's, and the recoil is much higher so it's often better to use it in semi auto fashion, with maybe 2 shot burst (mostly by accident). Gameplay practicality wise, I wouldn't even worry about DP28's barrel breaking. From normal use I only had it heat up enough to smoke once out of my 72 hours playtime.

Upvote 0
TheRealGunther;n1364447 said:
I kinda miss the sound of a broken barrel on a mg it seems the recoil is much higher in ro2 than in ro1 so they don't burn up the barrel as much.In ro1 most of the newer mg'ers would burn the barrel up fast.Unless they changed its sound I cant say I have even heard a burnt out barrel yet in ro2.

I never play the mg class but a few times I grabbed one off the ground when I seen the need for suppressed fire.May have to burn a barrel up one day just to hear the sound.

Historical facts: the mg 34/42 came with an asbestos cloth so the soldier wouldn't burn his hands on the red hot barrel as he changed it.

I have not seen any post regarding list of historical facts combining all:
  1. George Washington Facts
  2. Edgar Allan Poe Facts
  3. Hitler Facts
  4. Joseph Stalin Facts
  5. World War two Facts
  6. Pompeii Facts
  7. Chernobyl Facts
  8. Catacombs Paris Facts
  9. Aztecs Facts
  10. Mayans Facts
  11. Greece Facts .
I will share a resource regarding this once i am done with the research. Do have a look at it once when i share and share your reviews.

Upvote 0