• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What concerns most folks I believe is what happens after that? Surely some unfortunate comments posted by TWI has hinted in little to no changes whatsoever in the coming future in accordance to many promises that were made, that is what people here are up in arms about.

I see no problem in having a strong desire for some thoughtful answers to long time Red Orchestra supporters.

That's all conjecture made on a couple posts. And just because Gibson hasn't shown up in this thread doesn't mean he has no intention of tweaking anything. I've said it once, I'll say it again... we're a little more than two weeks out from release. Relax...

And he's given us some answers.. they're just not the answers you want right now. I don't know the guy obviously, but I'm going to make a generalization. The guy's a coder by trade, customer service may not be his strong suit :D

Upvote 0
Quite honestly, if the game is going to remain like this, they ought to make it fair and just take the damned limits off of everything but leaders, tanks and lmg's. It just isn't fair that people with slower connections or computers get stuck with bolties to provide helpless targets for the assault rifle & smg jockies.

Hopefully, they come to their senses and lower it to a more reasonable ratio, maybe 6-1, even 5-1. I mean, the historical ratio was 8-1 ...

Upvote 0
That's all conjecture made on a couple posts. And just because Gibson hasn't shown up in this thread doesn't mean he has no intention of tweaking anything. I've said it once, I'll say it again... we're a little more than two weeks out from release. Relax...

And he's given us some answers.. they're just not the answers you want right now. I don't know the guy obviously, but I'm going to make a generalization. The guy's a coder by trade, customer service may not be his strong suit :D

That's interesting, but I never mentioned "John" in particular in my prior post nor the extent of when and where such answers should be granted. Taken a bit out of context.

If my post is conjecture than your post is pure assumptions and now neither of us are right with such theory.

Upvote 0
That's interesting, but I never mentioned "John" in particular in my prior post nor the extent of when and where such answers should be granted. Taken a bit out of context.

If my post is conjecture than your post is pure assumptions and now neither of us are right with such theory.

Well I guess some of my response is to the mood of this thread in general. Basically: I want my answers right now... and I want the game the way I want it.

You sound reasonable Kaiser, not necessarily directed at you in particular.

Upvote 0
Well I guess some of my response is to the mood of this thread in general. Basically: I want my answers right now... and I want the game the way I want it.

You sound reasonable Kaiser, not necessarily directed at you in particular.

You seem reasonable yourself, I appreciate it.

I never try to take an extreme to one end or the other of debatable topics but simply wish to seek a conclusion that can make both sides happy. While I agree with many aspects of this thread and do desire some alternative game play options, I still believe all hope is not lost.

If any thing we have an excellent modding community if worst comes to worst. I'm sure those who frequent this thread (myself included) will be generally pleased with whatever quality modifications they can implement in the future if it needs be.

Upvote 0
I have three friends who are very interested in World War II history, to all of whom I waxed eloquent on Red Orchestra's virtues pre-release. I showed the game to one of them, got killed by an Mkb, and was immediately asked what the heck an assault rifle was doing on the frontlines in 1942. After that awkward attempt to explain that is was just a "prototype" while dueling two or three more Mkb-users in quick succession, I am now determinedly avoiding my other two friends' entreaties to let them see the game. :(

As for the actual weapons, I've said this before, but the weapons themselves aren't unrealistically buffed. They behave similarly to how they would on the range in real life. The main issue is how many of them there are. Sure, it is possible to overcome a skirmish line of these weapons, gain the cap, and win the round... but on the smaller man-to-man engagement level having to fight for your life to kill that one Mkb, only to have him respawn fifteen seconds later and come tearing after you for vengeance again and again honestly just gets exhausting.

You kill an Mkb defending on the right side of Spartanovka, and he respawns and comes back for another shot at you. You switch over to defend the left side after losing your patience at the repeated frustration of missing the crucial shot with your bolt due to the Mkb's suppression, and guess what? There's one on the left side too.

Reviewers are noticing, also. There are references on several game sites now to "forums buzzing with bug and weapon balance issues."

At the very least, make different weapon loadouts for realism and relaxed realism modes. That way, the masses of Mkb sheep can farm their bayonets and scopes on the relaxed servers while the enthusiast crowd stays happy.

Still hopeful for a change...

Upvote 0
No I think Grobut is right, the false advertising and promises have put me off as well. But I remain optimistic, not towards TWI though, but the modifications that could become something good if they alter gameplay, although I have my doubts some mods will actually try to do so, especially the one who's supported by TWI.

Exactly how I feel.

Upvote 0
As MrHat has said, it has only been two weeks since the game is released.

yeah, and my MG34 is still stuck on level ****ing 13 after about 20 hours of playing.

The only weapon in the game that makes RO2 enjoyable, and I can't even level it....but I can super instant level to 81 hero commander without ever playing it.....

Upvote 0
So to start things off.

1) Why did this thread disappear?

It needed some tender loving moderation. It was moved to a private section so it could be looked over and addressed. I've taken care of that this evening and have now returned it to service with most of the off topic discussion gone.

2) So what do we need to do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Keep it on topic and keep it civil.

3) Why has Tripwire not responded to this thread yet?

While we are aware of most if not all the discussions going on about the game, we aren't ready to answer all of them just yet. As much as some of you are disliking Ramm's post on the subject, the the forums always will represent a minority of the player base. And many times it does not reflect the will of the majority.

Is that true in this case? We are finding that out. Everybody has opinions, and they are all different in one way or another. As Ramm stated, we are keeping a careful eye on all aspects (people playing and people posting in the forums).

4) But my INSERT TOPIC OF CONVERSATION HERE is the most important thing that needs to be addressed first!

Maybe, we are also evaluating these as we are aware of them. Right now our 3 main focuses at the office are the Stats system (Relevant here. We need to fix what is broken to find out how it truly performs in the wild), performance and crashes. That doesn't mean we aren't working on anything else, but those are the things that effect most users so they have priority.

Now, as far as this thread is concerned, we are going to pretend the last day of Offtopic didn't happen. Carry on. Keep it civil, keep it safe!

Upvote 0
Now, as far as this thread is concerned, we are going to pretend the last day of Offtopic didn't happen. Carry on. Keep it civil, keep it safe!

Who's going to pretend? TWI and moderators or us forum members?

Not sure how you can pretend nothing happened after you've banned people and left numerous off topic posts untouched (a few on this page alone!)

Sounds to me more like "Nothing to see here, move along folks".

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
A lot of the things people mistook for realism in Ostfront were exaggerations. Once the full SDK is out, mods can fix a lot of the things they don't like about this.

That is correct. RO 2 is very in line with RO the mod and RO 1 in terms of how the game was designed. Accessible realism with some more complex systems abstracted for game play reasons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.