• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so all and all if you don't get what you want you throw a fit good to know. :rolleyes: just because you didn't get exactly what you want from a company you don't own. they did make a good game and one i like quite a bit. sure might not be up your ally but can't please everyone. here is what i think happened exactly.

Well of course, because after the mob mentality sticks in for the majority everyone's a raving lunatic and anyone who tries to be remotedly reasonable and shockingly even argue about it with some reason is even bigger, mental raving lunatic.

It's easy to derail a thread involving perfectly legit question\point when the issue itself runs a thin red line among some other potential issues and diarrhea starts spilling over the boundary.

Upvote 0
May I suggest a healthy helping of AK-47's and the occasional plasma rifle?

also a collection of other 20th - 21st century weaponary with kill streaks and it'll be the game they wanted - also publish this for the console side

no other tweaking required

geez, i dont know what was more disapointing this or duke nukem forever.....?!

its this isnt it? :mad::(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also a collection of other 20th - 21st century weaponary with kill streaks and it'll be the game they wanted - also publish this for the console side

no other tweaking required

geez, i dont know what was more disapointing this or duke nukem forever.....?!

its this isnt it? :mad::(:(:(:(

If you didn't see nukem coming, you deserved it :p

Reactions: vIoLeNt G
Upvote 0
This one is just epic:
<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=759970&postcount=152" target="_blank">http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=759970&postcount=152

"Trust us."

Wilsonam, I did trust you and I will never repeat my misstake.

Sorry to say i completely agree.
From now on i dont care what is said or promised, there will always be doubt. Trust is gone. I mean, so many lies in just one post! It's disturbing!
Last night i joined a server and EVERYBODY was running around with either an MKB or a MP40 with dual magazines. EVERYBODY!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Screw it. Let's just go straight to giving every man a STG44 from the future.

Last night was the worst. I played on a 64 man server. It was impossible to move. Nearly everyone had an automatic weapon. Every spawn had an overlapping field of constant fire around it depending on whether the map was German or Russian biased. Mkb's and dual-magged MP40's were just EVERYWHERE! And man, the Russians were no slouches when it came to volume of fire, either. This doesn't resemble WWII, it resembles some abstract war movie where everyone just gets into a line and pores a colossal volume of bullets in front of them.

Do you remember the movie, Predator? The scene in which a boar sets off the tripwire, and the entire team forms up in a line and sprays blind auto weapon -- and even minigun -- fire into at what they though was an attacker, and chopped down 3 or 4 acres of trees in the process? That is what Grain Elevator has become from the windows, or Commissar on several points of the map, or Pavlov between January Square and the ruins, or Fallen Fighters across both sides of the park ...

Or freaking Platoon towards the end, when the NVA breaches their perimeter and it's nothing but a lead fest into the jungle.

I mean, it's not snipers you worry about anymore. EVERYBODY is a sniper, but with an automatic weapon. You dare not move half the time. Smoke's starting not to matter when you have 3 or 4 enemy spraying the hell out of the smoke cloud with automatic weapons. The maps aren't big enough for any real kind of maneuver because just about anybody can see you and accurately level 10-50 rounds each directly at you if your head pops up. Hell, at least the sniper only had one crack at you, and if he missed, you could haul keester out of his LOS.

It's just not fun anymore. The only "game" now is battling to get the map loaded quick enough to grab an automatic weapon, rather than be stuck as one few who have to go, "Pop ... bolt ... Pop ... bolt ... Pop ... bolt ... Pop ... bolt ... Pop ... bolt REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD ...

instead of POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP-POP!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aye. Even my friend who has just starting playing RO2 as his first realism shooter thinks that the number of automatic weapons is ridiculous.
Thanks, I thought I felt rather isolated for being the WW2 historical expert loner somethingsomething but all those fears proved to be unfounded since even ppl completely new to the game notice the same thing :)

Upvote 0
Thanks, I thought I felt rather isolated for being the WW2 historical expert loner somethingsomething but all those fears proved to be unfounded since even ppl completely new to the game notice the same thing :)

There are more of them out there.
All my friends were interested in RO2 without being gamers with a preference for realism, but hearing/reading all the recent news about MKB stuff etc for all assault classes and all that other unlock crap, it has definitely turned them off. And i cant blame them, because i'm starting to lose interest fast too.

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
mkb42everywhere.jpg

Upvote 0
This is my first go at RO and a more realistic shooter. My first map I picked a bolt rifle figuring that I need to learn the ropes and should start out with manual bolting. I have stuck with it so far and I have learned a lot.

However, one of the biggest things I have learned is how OP all the SMG and Assault Rifles are compared to the bolts. When they can snipe me better because they hit me with 5 shots (accurate shots too) in the same amount of time I can get one shot off, it sucks.

Now, I am OKAY with SMG and Assault Rifles being better than bolt action rifles. What I dont like is how many there are (which is the whole point of this thread). I haven't actually tracked my stats, but I estimate 1 in 10 deaths is from a bolt action.

Now it seems the people can debate realism for ever. I don't know what realistic numbers for how many soldiers had these weapons. What I do know is that playing as a bolter is not as fun as it could be due to the high number of people with these weapons.

Really the answer is to simply let the servers set up the weapon proportions. I solves the problem and makes everyone happy I think.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
No way.
Call of Stalingrad: Barbarossa Warfare

The amount of rare weapons for everyone in this game really makes you wonder why TWI did not gave the franchise to Treyarch.

You should also realize that there is currently a stats bug that is allowing people to unlock weapons MONTHS before they would have otherwise been able to. :IS2:

Upvote 0
You should also realize that there is currently a stats bug that is allowing people to unlock weapons MONTHS before they would have otherwise been able to. :IS2:

Thats hardly re assuring.. Are we saying that it was intended to become like this (but not for a few mths).

Surely the issue is the availability on servers and what rare actually means.. Does rare mean common , just as long as you unlock it in a few months?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.