• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus 23 rifles/19 everything else is still a pretty good ratio, especially considering how urban the environment is. And yes, I wouldn't mind scaling amounts of classes (i.e. 3 assaults for 32-man, etc.).

If the Germans had HAD that ratio in Stalingrad, they would've cleaned it out pretty handily and never had BEEN encircled to begin with!

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0
I understand that there are issues with the game (hell, I'm with you guys on way too prevalant Mk's and AVT's, there should be like 2 max per match) but the complaints on this thread have gone past reasonable and into the level of soap operas. Seriously, guys? "The Gestapo?" It's no wonder that the devs aren't responding - they're not going to bother to respond to a thread that's basically filled with contempt for everything they say and do.

As for Synethsia's screenshot? Play 64-player servers, its not a problem there. Plus 23 rifles/19 everything else is still a pretty good ratio, especially considering how urban the environment is. And yes, I wouldn't mind scaling amounts of classes (i.e. 3 assaults for 32-man, etc.).

I agree, it seems like being reasonable is a lost cause on this thread. Like I mentioned in my previous post I'd like to see bolts be a larger % also. But at this point this thread isn't about that. It's about crapping on the devs as much as possible and comparing them to war criminals and then expecting them to come in and apologize. lol.

Upvote 0
ive given up with this game being a realistic pc shooter, im playing for what it is a console type run and gun cod style game, and im starting to enjoy the game a little more

plus im enjoying running (yes running, well jogging) around with the mg34 drug mag owning people with, why they put prone in i dont know.

next they will be charging us for the "dlc", remember guys you can trust them ;)

Upvote 0
If the Germans had HAD that ratio in Stalingrad, they would've cleaned it out pretty handily and never had BEEN encircled to begin with!

YOu are right sir!

Compared to the Russians, the Germans didn't even have that many MP 40's.

Primarily squad leaders and commanders had MP40's. Maybe 1 or 2 a squad.

Russia was famous for outfitting not only squad leaders, but entire squads with PPSHs!
There were 6 times as many PPSHs made. So automatic weapons were not a big part of German tactics if they weren't an MG 42.

(of course, everyone here has heard this 1,000 times...it would just be nice if TW would patch the game to be a bit more like they said it would be.)

Upvote 0
I think its getting farcical that Ramm hasn't responded at this point as it's not like he is avoiding the forums. I suppose it's just an awkward question he'd rather not address because most likely the reasoning will either be shallow "It's fun!" or it will be depressing "more money in making the game feature more cool/rare guns". I don't think either of them will go down well with us. Still I would like an answer as would everyone else and it's also kind of laughable that we are seeing covert mod action.

I think the only reason they don't lock the thread is that it would be a bit too incendary as a couple more threads would spring up in it's place. A closing loads of threads without strong reasons doesn't endear you to the wider community.

I just want an answer I don't care if I wont like it - and it would also be nice to be treated as a customer and not someone who is privileged to be able to play this game and musn't want to ask questions about what are in many peoples eyes very poor and silly design decisions.

Upvote 0
I agree, it seems like being reasonable is a lost cause on this thread. Like I mentioned in my previous post I'd like to see bolts be a larger % also. But at this point this thread isn't about that. It's about crapping on the devs as much as possible and comparing them to war criminals and then expecting them to come in and apologize. lol.

People are obviously just venting frustration and anger now, but not without reason, this issue didn't just spring up when the DDE content was "fixed", it's been going on for more than a year now..

And how can people reason with a Dev that has allready made it clear that he will not listen to, or even considder anything we have to say, nomatter how we word it? A Dev who has proven himself incapable of listening to even the most constructive of critisism, and is paranoid enough to label us as "conspirators" just because we have objected to how some features have been handled..

So yeah, now people are just falling back on baser instincts and becomming the "angry customer", because thouse do get noticed when there's enough of them or if they are just loud enough.. it's not ideal, it's not what we wanted, but alas, we tried diplomacy and reason for more than a year and it has failed, and so now we get the backlash.

Heh, a lot of you new faces around here may only see posters like myself as critics, but if you had been around the forum in better times, most of us, and myself included, where tireless defenders of TWI for many many years, and hell only knows how many copies of this game, aswell as Ost and KF, we helped sell by constantly promoting the game(s) and the company behind them everywhere we went. Funny how things can change huh? Funny and really quite depressing..

Upvote 0
Does the number of DDE weapons bother me? A bit, sure.

Do I let that ruin the game for me? Nope.

Personally I don't see anything changing about this until the really serious gameplay-related bugs are stamped out, and the game is at that point where Tripwire can add to the game safely (probably around the time we get our new vehicles). Ramm and the other devs aren't idiots, if there's sufficient community uproar they will probably do something to remedy the situation. To be honest this seems like enough to me.

Why they choose to keep quiet? Probably because this issue is still not as important as trying to get the game to even run for some people, and then work on serious technical and gameplay related problems after that.

They undoubtedly have a long laundry list to tackle, and I'm sure this is on it, along with some other similar historical accuracy-related changes. They just aren't very high on that list at the moment.

And if forumites can't understand that and be reasonable about it, well there's just no point trying to carry on with the discussion.

Upvote 0
People are obviously just venting frustration and anger now, but not without reason, this issue didn't just spring up when the DDE content was "fixed", it's been going on for more than a year now..

And how can people reason with a Dev that has allready made it clear that he will not listen to, or even considder anything we have to say, nomatter how we word it? A Dev who has proven himself incapable of listening to even the most constructive of critisism, and is paranoid enough to label us as "conspirators" just because we have objected to how some features have been handled..

So yeah, now people are just falling back on baser instincts and becomming the "angry customer", because thouse do get noticed when there's enough of them or if they are just loud enough.. it's not ideal, it's not what we wanted, but alas, we tried diplomacy and reason for more than a year and it has failed, and so now we get the backlash.

Heh, a lot of you new faces around here may only see posters like myself as critics, but if you had been around the forum in better times, most of us, and myself included, where tireless defenders of TWI for many many years, and hell only knows how many copies of this game, aswell as Ost and KF, we helped sell by constantly promoting the game(s) and the company behind them everywhere we went. Funny how things can change huh? Funny and really quite depressing..

so all and all if you don't get what you want you throw a fit good to know. :rolleyes: just because you didn't get exactly what you want from a company you don't own. they did make a good game and one i like quite a bit. sure might not be up your ally but can't please everyone. here is what i think happened exactly.

here is a little history lesson, the Jews found out god was sending his only son to them to save them they expected a king, a conquer that would conquer lands and bring them great glory... instead they got a simple, peaceful man named Jesus. so they had him nailed to a cross... the end. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Fedorov and Rak
Upvote 0
so all and all if you don't get what you want you throw a fit good to know. :rolleyes: just because you didn't get exactly what you want from a company you don't own. they did make a good game and one i like quite a bit. sure might not be up your ally but can't please everyone. here is what i think happened exactly.

Well said, I was going to post something similiar. Basically He is happy to defend anyone as long as they do what he wants :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

I agree that some here went way out of line in what they said in this thread but the OP's question is more than a legitimate one.

Not getting what you want and not getting what was promised from a certain product is different.

The frustration about being ignored or told that the opinion does not matter is obvious and for a reason.

So Das Bose (Should be Das B

Last edited:
Reactions: vIoLeNt G
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.