• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says it all when my 8 year old son can run around with an mkb or mp40 killing people with ease.
When he plays like Daddy plays [bolts all the way] he is lucky to get 1 kill.
When an 8 year old says its easy with certain weapons it says it all really.

note : he rarely plays war games but today i make an exception to see how he got on.

That's partly due to the fact the mkb42 basically kills for you.

Upvote 0
Indeed, what happened to the Heroes?

I don't even mind the presence of so many smg's; I'm just curious why the 'rare' weapons aren't distributed more sparsely using the heroes system as was expected. Technical problems, change in design direction?

At any rate, the community will have the ability to modify and tweak this game as it likes, I'm sure it will do just that! :IS2:

Upvote 0
will we get a response from the devs on this? There are a lot, and long threads about this issue in the forum, and i've yet to see an official response.

This is weird and sad. Why this change in design? The fix could be easily disguisable as a new class, just model a new uniform for the elite assault and everyone will be happy, they have anew character and fewer of these abominations. Maybe they could eat into the assault class itself?

As one guy said before, there is no more pride in the kills we get, either hitting the mkb rambos or as a run and gun german prototype wielding asshat. Its hollowing the game out. Not to mention that everybody is picking these things from the floor (Why wouldnt they!) so 6 per map is very, very optimistic. The first few days were lovely, bugs and all, but this is not the game i was told i was buying.

What will happen to the whole HERO thing now? i thought a few weeks from now we would star seeing some few players with hero status, changing battle tides, or providing with interesting tactical problems to be solved. It could actually be fun, to see a rugged soldier wielding a prototype weapon, then reacting as a team. I was really looking forward to that.

What went wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's only a problem if the devs acknowledge it as a problem...so it seems they just won't acknowledge it at all...

IF I CANT SEE IT, ITS NOT THERE!!!!

If they don't want to acknowledge problems the entire community is upset with then I'm going to stop acknowledging this game and any future product they make and/or publish.

Upvote 0
Isn't it ironic how it was the most dedicated fans who put up the money.

I put up money for the DDE in good faith they were making a successor to ROOST. Not some half shell of a game that caters to the people you sought out to differentiate yourself from in the first place.

I've been playing this since mod version 2.0, and it's just sad to see where they've taken the game after roost all in the interest of money.

Upvote 0
I quite like the MKB as a gun that is found in the game, I just don't like how frequently it appears. If TWI makes it change so it's "hero" only, it's good as gold, HOWEVER I have concerns about balance, what with the AVT... That gun is only good for either semi-auto for long range kills, or switching it to full-auto for scaring people. It's better than the SVT-40, but nowhere near as good as the MKB, and a MKB user is more likely to win against an AVT user. I suggest that the Russian hero class gets something else in his equipment that gives him something more of an advantage.

Upvote 0
Just played a nice game of ROOST, suprisingly as many people play it as before. Perhaps this is the moment the RO vets are left behind to play ROOST forever.

Are there?

I'm thinking about redownloading again. I was so confident about RO2 i uninstalled RO.

This game certainly didnt become what i wanted or expected, so i might as well go play something i enjoy

Upvote 0
Just played a nice game of ROOST, suprisingly as many people play it as before. Perhaps this is the moment the RO vets are left behind to play ROOST forever.

I hope not all of us will go so quickly into that goodnight..

But yeah, there's a danzig server up still that's usually populated. Kicked around on it and forgot how awesome the game still feels in comparison. <3 my weapon sway.

Upvote 0
I have to voice my concerns on this.
So far i have been very supportive of RO2, despite the fact there are many things i didnt particularly like, like the stat system, unlocks, english voices etc.
However, all of those things were negligable to me and have come to accept.
But what happened with the MKB and AVT is just beyond FUBAR, even after the patch that took them away from classes other than assault.

There are still so many of them!
I was playing on our server just now, and STILL half the German team was walking around with the MKB, and it has COMPLETELY replaced the MP40, of which i saw only ONE as opposed to 6 'official' MKB's and several other people which picked it up from the ground.
And i simply can't wait to see what happens when the Soviet side is able to use enemy weaponry, because then we will have 12 (!!!!) of the damn things.

It has become such an eyesore i feel the urge to teamkill every teammate i see that has it, and i despise teamkillers.
These weapons first of all NEVER should have been a DDE unlock, next to that it should NEVER have been made available to all assault troops.
Indeed, what happened to the Heroes? What the hell is this?
What should have been a RARE sight now turned into a "Oh god, not another one of those" scenario.

I already thought RO2 had too many semi and fully automatic weapons as opposed to the amount of rifles, but this is the drop that makes the bucket spill over.
And indeed, TWI is now in between a rock and a hard place, because reducing the amount of this 'tacticool' weapon will make the kiddies that bought the DDE cry.
Seriously, if this is how it is going to be from now on i dont know if i will care enough to stick around. I was liking RO2 up till now, but this is ridiculous.

+1 rep to you, my feelings in a very well written, concise nutshell!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.