• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down guys :)

Tripwire has already stated that a server option to make Prototype weapons Heroes only or even completely disabled is on the way...eventually.

Also, Yoshiro said that Infantry maps are supposed to have only 4 Assault slots for German team for 64 person server.

When stats are reset there will also be less MKB. :)

Still doesnt address why one wouldnt pick an mkb42 over an mp40. It's an assault rifle, its the weapon of the future of course it's going to dominate. it's like having an option to pick a musket or a Springfield 1903...

Also, what about an option to disable all the s*** that doesnt make sense? mkb42, dual mags, silencer, straight mag for the ppsh, etc...

game went from excellent in the beta, to a sprayfest as soon as the "day one unlocks" started working.

needs. to. be. fixed. :p

I agree.

I mentioned early on during the beta, that the reason it was so fun was that we didnt have to deal with moronic things like the mkb42 or mp40/II's...

Last edited:
Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I bet disabling those will also make ur server unranked, and even if they decrease it to 4, instead of it being more mkbs than bolts now its gonna be equal xD
Sad sad sad, so many wrongs I dont think the gameplay will be anywhere near RO1 in terms of tacticoolness or the brutal WW2 feeling in months.
I wonder if Ramm played it for longer than 60 hrs, sure its fun at 1st but then it becomes very repetitive and boring just like so many other arcade shooters.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I bet disabling those will also make ur server unranked, and even if they decrease it to 4, instead of it being more mkbs than bolts now its gonna be equal xD
Sad sad sad, so many wrongs I dont think the gameplay will be anywhere near RO1 in terms of tacticoolness or the brutal WW2 feeling in months.
I wonder if Ramm played it for longer than 60 hrs, sure its fun at 1st but then it becomes very repetitive and boring just like so many other arcade shooters.

Instead of wining about it how about this:

"If any dev's can here this, there seems to be a lot of interest in the "Prototypes=heroes only" and "No heroes" server options Yoshiro mentioned.

Many community members feel that servers should be able to enable these options without the server going "unranked", as we still enjoy level-ups and feel our server may be less popular unranked."

Last edited:
Reactions: Golf33 and Nikita
Upvote 0
"If any dev's can here this, there seems to be a lot of interest in the "Prototypes=heroes only" and "No heroes" server options Yoshiro mentioned.

Many community members feel that servers should be able to enable these options without the server going "unranked", as we still enjoy level-ups and feel our server may be less popular unranked."

Exactly ! ;)

Upvote 0
The question we always asked was "can this weapon have possibly been there". If the answer was yes, it was fair game to put it in there.
Then where is the MG 42 at?

unhappy with the game in the present state here on the forum, but as for how to fix it, opinions vary.
Do you know how to fix it? Beg Steam/Valve/Whatever for a refund.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
following that logic then the rifleman unlock at max level should be a 1895 winchester contract lever action. some (6?) million of those made it to the russians before the revolution. They fired 7.62x54R and fed from standard stripper clips.

Chances are is a true hero of the soviet union could have got his hands on one of those, nudge nudge wink wink...

Reactions: nebsif
Upvote 0
following that logic then the rifleman unlock at max level should be a 1895 winchester contract lever action. some (6?) million of those made it to the russians before the revolution. They fired 7.62x54R and fed from standard stripper clips.

Chances are is a true hero of the soviet union could have got his hands on one of those, nudge nudge wink wink...

You have got to be kidding me

I was thinking about this last night! Would be fun as hell to play with.

Upvote 0
I tried playing a match as the Russians today. I usually try to play as the Germans, and now I know why.

Every single one of my deaths were from semi-autos and Mkb-42s. It absolutely ruined the game for me. Surprisingly, I didn't rage quit until the next round started and the sound went out. :mad:

You'd swear after playing this that the Germans phased out the K98 before the war.

Reactions: Golf33
Upvote 0
For those who haven't seen it.

MKBTroll.png

Should replace the troll face with Ramm Jaeger's face.

Upvote 0
You have got to be kidding me

I was thinking about this last night! Would be fun as hell to play with.

ive wanted a 1895 in any caliber other then 30-40krag for a long time, pitty they are RIDICULOUSLY priced between 1K - 5K USD.

Not to mention I really do think that it could fly by the criteria of whether any could have been there, and it passes all cool markers also. Not to mention it is not really an uber upgrade. It holds some 5 rounds, feeds on 5 rnd strippers, and is awkward to work the lever while prone.

edit:

it would seem that memory has forsaken me on one of the numbers.
"
Between 1915 and 1917 approximately 300,000 M1895's were manufactured for the army of Russian Empire, accounting for about 70% of total production of the rifles prior to 1936 when the M1895 was discontinued. Chambered in 7.62

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure a few people in this thread are going to be pretty unhappy when they are given what they want and no longer have an excuse to whine/snark endlessly in this thread.

Im rather certain if RO2 was a better game and it actually delivered what it promised, i'd have no reason to be here

Upvote 0
2)
They changed their minds fairly late in development in the weeks running up to release on the system. As some of you have noticed we used to have an elite assault role as well as an elite rifleman role. The design team decided to remove this.
Still no answer to the why? -bump-.
Is not that one of the major subjects of this topic?

Upvote 0

That would be so much more fun and believable than the current unlocks.

Upvote 0
As Jared has said regarding the weapon loadouts, we changed our mind during the course of the development. The original way that we were planning to do it wasn't looking like it was going to fit in as well as we'd like. So we implemented it a different way. Given that Ostfront used STG44's in a similar amount (or more) I'm quite surprised at the outcry. There weren't any 100 page threads in Ostfront with tons of people in an uproar over having "too many assault rifles" in Danzig and similar maps. We designed RO2 with pretty close to the same realism measures that we did in RO1. We've always had some odd weapons in the game, and we've always done things where we abstracted functionality to make it fun to play. The question we always asked was "can this weapon have possibly been there". If the answer was yes, it was fair game to put it in there. Remember the PPD40 and the MP41? They were rare weapons, but were featured in almost every map. And yet there was almost never a mention of the PPD40, and just only a slight murmur over the use of the MP41.

I'm very disappointed you decided to include the Mkb42 for all assault classes, and I really don't think it's a reasonable comparison to say that RO1 included the MP41 and the PPD40.

The MP41 wasn't different to the MP40 - only an aesthetic difference (correct me if I am wrong), and it was only available to the squad leader class on standard maps (iirc).

The PPD40 was in service with the Soviet army for years before the outbreak of the war, so whilst it may have been rare due to it's low production number, or never mass produced like the PPSH41 I imagine it still existed in significantly higher number than the MKb42 ever did - it was a standard issue weapon at one time or another.

Also - the MP41 and the PPD40 are not game changers, in RO:Ost the MP41 is an MP40 and the PPD wasn't drastically different from the PPSH41.

We can all agree that the inclusion of the MKb42 to the German assault class is a very significant game changing weapon.

I'm not saying it is "game breaking" to add them in the manner in which you have, but it has a dramatic impact on the game in comparison with the loadouts I had been playing since the beta started - I personally had a much better time playing RO:HOS before these "rare" weapons were added.

After all you've done over the years with your integrity and respect for the source material (so to speak) how can you turn around and make an extremely rare prototype weapon as readily available as the MP40 (same applies to the AVT and PPSH41)? Especially when it doesn't add anything to the game - all I can see happening is you losing some of the respect you've earned from your previous approach. It makes no sense to portray Stalingrad in such a detailed and realistic way and then turn around and stick in something like this in this way with no historical consideration.

Judging by the number of threads in these forums about the effectiveness of the MP40, SMG accuracy, and the generally faster pacing (certainly in comparison with RO:Ost) the last thing you'd think the community wanted, or needed was the "rare" weapons to be as readily available as they are.

I'm not really going to get onto how you changed your mind mid-development as you are entitled to do that - it's your game and your development studio - but I am really quite saddened that you decided to do so and that you decided to keep it to yourself until post-release considering how much of a big deal for the (original, and new) forum community it was when the "rare" weapons were announced. It's historically largely nonsense, and you went back on your previously stated plan for implementation for no real gain - I mean, can you tell me how the game benefits?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.