• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to start things off.

3) Why has Tripwire not responded to this thread yet?

While we are aware of most if not all the discussions going on about the game, we aren't ready to answer all of them just yet. As much as some of you are disliking Ramm's post on the subject, the the forums always will represent a minority of the player base. And many times it does not reflect the will of the majority.
Now, as far as this thread is concerned, we are going to pretend the last day of Offtopic didn't happen. Carry on. Keep it civil, keep it safe!
You aren

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am not saying it isn't. I am pointing out it isn't the most reliable statistic to base that fact off of though. It is a hot topic issue with many of you, and you are repeatedly coming to the thread to find out what has been posted.

To base what fact off of? Don't think I stated any facts.

I just said it's a hot thread that gets constant views 24/7 and is probably more significant than what some posters let on.

Upvote 0
Personally I don't care that much about how things are from a realism standpoint (although the mp40/II does take me out of my immersion :p).

My issue with the assault rifles, and semis is that since weapons are handling realistically and are not balanced against each other. That in the engagement ranges seen in RO2, the semi is pretty much always better than the rifle, and the assault rifle in case of mkb42 is pretty much always better than mp40.

Now that in itself is not so much an issue, if it weren't that there are so many classes available that nearly everybody can take that class. It makes the bolt action rifles feel like the crap weapon you sometimes have to pick. Rather than the semi and mkb42 being the awesome weapons you can sometimes pick.

Its the difference from the bolt or smg being the regular default weapons, with some additional good ones. Or the assault rifles and semis being the regular weapons and the bolts being the additional crap ones. Because in the end the baseline determining the strength of a weapon depends on what the enemy is using.

I'm not saying that things should be changed for relaxed realism, and not even necessarily for realistic realism but I do think there is a clear desire from a respectably sized, dedicated and vocal group of the community. That want to be able to play on and easily find servers with realistic load outs you would probably see in the real war.

I personally would really like to see such a server option, not from a realism perspective, but from a game play perspective. One of the nice things of RO, the need to have people working together just seems lost, by having too many classes that are good at both range and cqc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mafiozo
Upvote 0
To base what fact off of? Don't think I stated any facts.

I just said it's a hot thread that gets constant views 24/7 and is probably more significant than what some posters let on.
The mods have viewed this thread 59K+ times alone. Probably best to get back to the actual topic at hand here and not arguing about views.

Upvote 0
Ahh, so you know all of my 12 steam accounts? I'm impressed! If you link me to them all I'll buy you your game of choice on steam :)

I'm sure I studied this in my psychology courses. Something about infiltrating cults using an alias in order to collect data can be dangerous and you could accidentally bias your data by probing with certain questions.

So no, I can't name all 12 accounts.

Upvote 0
I kinda know the feeling of people doing feedback, we have the only brazilian server and the rotation have some CD maps mixed in it on a 2 TE to 1 CD ratio.

Some people complain that they don't like CD and ask for us to remove it completely, they are the majority of people who play on the server?

If we removed based on these players, for sure some others will appear and ask to put CD maps back into the map rotation, so we are giving some time to gather more feedback and see what would be the best course of action.

One guy even asked for us to put Relaxed mode on because of the quantity of TKs.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I studied this in my psychology courses. Something about infiltrating cults using an alias in order to collect data can be dangerous and you could accidentally bias your data by probing with certain questions.

So no, I can't name all 12 accounts.

I'm fairly sure I have never probed, but I'll keep that in mind in the future. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I think the most important "fact" here is that the game has lost well over 60% (62.9% as of 9/28/2011 to be exact) of its peak population, and is still in a continual decline.

That should speak volumes.

It does, and it stems from many things. The majority of which are our current main focuses. Stats, Performance and crashing issues. It also doesn't help that a widely anticipated game has gone into beta as well. Some will find it a better game for them, others won't. But many will be checking it out.

Upvote 0
We are not ignoring it. We just aren't using it as the only point of contact and information from players. As Ramm pointed out in the previous thread, we've made changes based solely on the feedback from the forums before, and the backlash from new people signing up to tell us why they hated it now was larger then the original complaint supporters (which was fairly large).

We aren't being rash about any decision here. We want to make sure we have the widest amount of feedback on a subject before we start changing it.

The response was more aimed at derpus, and the concept that the community is a completely unique .01% segment of the total market.

( Note: I dont interpret that to be exactly what Ramm said, but it is how it has been interpreted ).

Upvote 0
It does, and it stems from many things. The majority of which are our current main focuses. Stats, Performance and crashing issues. It also doesn't help that a widely anticipated game has gone into beta as well. Some will find it a better game for them, others won't. But many will be checking it out.

I hope You'll find solution soon.

But even with all those problem RO2 is a pure fun for tactical, realism based online shoters fans, like me. I play it every evening and I'm having a blast.

Upvote 0

You dont feel there is an issue in the balance of the game or in its core gameplay mechanics, that may have caused people to leave?

Upvote 0
You dont feel there is an issue in the balance of the game or in its core gameplay mechanics, that may have caused people to leave?

I didn't say that. However, for something as deep as a gameplay mechanic or balance issue, you can't be quick to pull the trigger and make changes. We've seen for example a map in RO 1 that the "Russians can never win" change to "OMG, this map is horrible for Germans" and the only thing that changed was time.

We need to be doubly careful here as our stats and unlock system is currently being plagued by some major issues that warp any semblance of how we thought it would play out from its design.

Upvote 0
So after all this debate, are we finally going to see proper realistic mode without MKBs, MP40/IIs etc.?

I don't see anything wrong with those being included, just as long as they are very, very limited.

Changes will be made in the future. As to what they are, I can't say yet as we are still formulating data and opinion and discussing it ourselves. But as I said earlier, everyone's opinion is at least slightly different (even in our office).

Now on that note, I really need to get to bed as I have more duties to perform tomorrow for my best friends wedding. I wish you all good night. Keep it civil, keep it safe!

Upvote 0
Ok, going back on topic, I would like to see any counter argument against mine.

I think the number of these prototype weapons is bad from both gameplay and realism aspect.

Gameplay wise, Mkb offers versatility that simply didn't exist in any meaningful number during the Stalingrad battle. It's out of place because it's the only fully automatic weapon that can be accurately fired without requiring any setup. AVT is in no way equal to the Mkb in versatility because AVT is basically glorified SVT with full auto function (which is gimmicky even at close range because of it's 10 rounds limitation). Both guns are modeled fairly realistically and Mkb was basically forerunner of assault rifle, a gun type that would dominate modern infantry combat, while AVT was a huge disappointment. Basically, Germans get the weapon of the future, while Soviets get a flop. Bad balance.

Realism wise, the amount of Mkbs available is so unreal and there are numerous posts in this thread stating this again and again so I'll just keep it at that.

Upvote 0
Yay!

Thanks Yoshiro for the info.

Many of us are trying to keep it civil with our feedback. We just feel so passionately about the game that sometimes the evil comes out of our mouths. LOL

Seriously, if in a few weeks they patched the following, I would never stop singing TWs praise:

-MKB/AVT Elite Rifleman only. These weapons are never default selection.

-Weapon sway increases drastically while suppressed

-MG produces more suppression

-x3 72 round drum mag slow reload default for PPSH
Optional 25th level unlock x6 35r box mag fast reload

-1 less German assault role on 32 man server. 2 less on 64.

-German Assault unlocks captured PPSH at 2nd level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.