• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "rare" weapons (not so rare anymore) are not going to be fixed. The Classes and the number of players who will have access to those weapons wont change. If they make a rollback on the stats you will only see less of those weapons for a short time but in the end it wont change anything. Sure we are counting on mods to "fix" things but a game should not require mods to make players happy.

Upvote 0
Does anyone remember this thread?

Its funny seeing all the concerns being met with You can turn it off... AGAIN, what happened? That thread is perfect for quoting, seeing how everyone believed in TWI to help both realism people and gamers have the game that they wanted. What happened? Will this be fixed in a patch or update? We honestly just want to know... No more beating around the subject please.
Well, this is a great link to give Yoshiro to read and then come back and tell us again with a straight face that they didn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"No comment!"

seems to be the developer's answer. Other than SasQuatch there seems to be no statement regarding this issue. Let us keep the thread alive to show what TWI has done to their promise and even though many of the posters in this thread liked TWI as a company and trusted them blindly. I was one of them and I spread the word...until now.

As we said before: Good game nevertheless but not what was promised.

Please explain yourself TWI and state why you think the current way is better.

Upvote 0
Yeah been seeing plenty of Russians with the double mag MG34 running around too. Pretty ridiculous to see. I've resigned myself to suffering the silliness until the mods come out and put an end to the nonsense. I've no problem with stats or unlocks in general but these are oddly balanced and disrupt the game more than they add to it.

Upvote 0
And how could u even think TWI - i mean seriously otherwise its just plain trolling all the way - has erased this from its game ?
The sequel of the game that made their name ?

Do you seriously think they would let everyone run around with a Mkb42 scoped silenced and painted with pink skulls on it ? - i can troll too :p

Just use your common sense a bit here, and actually, read what DEVS are answering u guyz on these boards. When Wilsonam says this will be RARE as it was back then, then it WILL BE RARE - even off via server settings if it bothers u that much, choice has always been a good thing.

They love their game and wouldn't destroy its heart for anything. They are working hard on it - years

Upvote 0
While a week ago I was more or less defending TWI in this thread, saying that people need to give them more time to get all this sorted. Now tho, I gotta say I am starting to become a bit disappointed as well.

The main reason for my disappointment is not the problems with the game itself, but rather that neither Ramm or Wilsonam has responded to this thread. I'm sure they've seen it, but they just choose to not respond. Doesn't even matter what the response is, as long as they at least stop giving us the silent treatment.

Upvote 0
I dont think he really means that realism is very important to the RO2 development team looking to the state RO2 is in now. Rare weapons for everyone. Hooray?

I belive it was to some of the Dev's, whom also seem pretty unhappy with how things have turned out, both with the game and with what was once the RO community (though they would never say so publicly out of professionalism, you can tell if you read between the lines), unfortunately though, i don't think it was even remotely important to Mr. Gibson, who by his own admission didn't even like RO:Ost (he is a run'n'gun player by heart), and at the end of the day, he's the one calling the shots, and a lot of the Dev's seem to have not even been privy to the design choices made.

Pls Guys stop about complaining about Ro2, im sure that when every thing is fixed the rare weapons are gone. Lets wait till the New Cod and Bf is coming out and all those Newbies and Kiddies are gone.
Lets wait till the huge Community is making something nice with the sdk!! (new Maps etc).

Ohh wake up and smell the coffee, there will be no fixes to any of this, not from TWI, it won't happen, not even for the so-called "Realism" mode.

TWI has made no secret of the fact that they will not listen to us, and that they don't care, streaching all the way back to Ramm's "open letter to the community", where he outright told us to STFU and accept that we where not the target audience for this game, and ever since with comments like the whole forum not mattering because we're only 0.01% of the community..

There will be no drastic changes made to the gameplay and class system, there will be no true realism mode, there will be no server presets or options made with us in mind, it won't happen.

Mods are all we get guys, but here's the kicker: Pretty much all the talent is otherwise engaged with the big total conversions like RS, ICV and IE, so i'm really not sure who's left with both the talent and experiance to fix this in the short term, aswell the inclination to do so. And the game is not set up for easy modding of things like class avalibillity, which is coded directly into the maps, and will probably be impossible to fix without creating duplicate maps (and good luck finding server admins who want to run an all custom map rotation), things are not looking that promising..

Upvote 0
Does anyone remember this thread?

Its funny seeing all the concerns being met with You can turn it off... AGAIN, what happened? That thread is perfect for quoting, seeing how everyone believed in TWI to help both realism people and gamers have the game that they wanted. What happened? Will this be fixed in a patch or update? We honestly just want to know... No more beating around the subject please.

Edit: This quote right here
That thread is a gold mine of quotes from TWI devs about weapon rarity etc.

I'm glad to see you guys are keeping my thread going, however to be honest I'm pretty ****ing cynical about us ever getting an answer on this. It's really annoying considering they've already taken our money, they may as well just fess up and tell us they wanted to change **** but didn't want to lose our sales. Hence the complete bull**** we were all fed before release.

All we can really do is vote with our wallets I guess, personally I'm not buying another TWI game, even if they release an absolutely **** hot sequel to Killing Floor on UE3 or something I would have hearbeat bought a month ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its what happens when you loose proper communication with your community .

To be fair we have had evidence in the form of patches to show issues are being looked at but they can't even communicate those properly so hoping to see anything about other issues is real wishful thinking at this time..

The danger is the playing numbers slowly fall away before you have even got a product out thats finished.. I prefer to play in the afternoons and you can already see the slide in numbers. Its still strong though in the eves.

One huge ace that tripwire hopefully has up there sleeve is the fact that the game should and will be hopefully highly moddable. In this day and age that in itself is unusual as you see publishers allow nothing for free and pin all hopes on DLC. Hopefully we wont go that way and people will start to come back once those mods appear..

Upvote 0
That thread is a gold mine of quotes from TWI devs about weapon rarity etc.

I'm glad to see you guys are keeping my thread going, however to be honest I'm pretty ****ing cynical about us ever getting an answer on this. It's really annoying considering they've already taken our money, they may as well just fess up and tell us they wanted to change **** but didn't want to lose our sales. Hence the complete bull**** we were all fed before release.

All we can really do is vote with our wallets I guess, personally I'm not buying another TWI game, even if they release an absolutely **** hot sequel to Killing Floor on UE3 or something I would have hearbeat bought a month ago.
All this hassle has also caused my feelings towards gamecompanies to get more negative. TWI proves itself as no better than other moneygrubbin' gamecompanies instead of a good, unique indie-developer.

Reactions: Rumpullpus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.