• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Review thread

I can't believe machinima gave this game a 4/10. Lawrence Sonntag needs to be fired because this is probably one of the worst reviews I have ever read.

He says TDM is funner than territory, and that kills not showing up immediate after on the feed is a problem. He whines about the controls, his lack of skill, and patience as if they are the games fault. Graphics are apparently dated badly but there is no explanation as to why.

While I don't believe this game deserves a 10, I would give it an 8. A 4 is uncalled for. I assume the only games this guy enjoys are CoD and Halo.

Upvote 0
Read machinima's review....I have to disagree with two aspects up front..first, I don't believe the controls are "too complicated"...they're similar to other PC shooters. Second, I haven't seen every match a sniper battle...yes, there are snipers you have to be aware of but they set up squads so only a limited number of players can have sniper weapons. And yes, it does take time to learn, especially, like myself, one doesn't have training in military tactics (formal military training I think even helps in CoD.) I don't agree with the overall score either..but they have a right to present their opinion.

Upvote 0
Not sure how anyone could expect any other result from machinima, to be honest. It's more than clear that machinima has an almost sexual attraction to Call of Duty. While there's nothing wrong with that, they appear to me, in all things that I've seen from them, to have formed the opinion that if it ain't call of duty, it's crap. This position is to be expected, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I can't believe machinima gave this game a 4/10.
Well, it isn't like they are a real review website anyway.

Lawrence Sonntag needs to be fired because this is probably one of the worst reviews I have ever read.
He really does. The article is poorly written and I strongly suspect he is out-right lying about having played and liked ultra-realistic shooters (he also doesn't seem to know what that actually means). He says he played OpFlash and then complains about RO being realistic and having too many buttons. Even more worrying is listing Day of Defeat as an ultra realistic shooter :confused:

And then he ends it by saying he just ended up trolling people in the chat, which is rather bad form for a reviewer.

EDIT: Metacritic has lost the last shreds if credibility with me seeing how they count Machinima as an actual reviewer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even GT are saying that the stats are not working - fix em now. Do it.

ben_stiller_do_it.gif

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
3djuegos.com Review

Rating: 8,8/10 - "Excelent"

Language: Spanish

One of the biggest spanish videogame webs. Pretty fair review I think. The score is included on Metacritic.

Some quotes translated:

The fear of dying, the hardness of the battles, the agony of your allies who seek help in its last throes of life ... Tripwire has achieved it again and Heroes of Stalingrad offers us the opportunity to enjoy one of the best and most realistic multiplayer action games of the moment.

[...]

To cries of "Za Stalin", meaning "For Stalin!", there are many details that make us elevate this Red Orchestra as one of the best action games of the moment. It is clear that currently has some bugs to be fixed, and the lack of battlefields subtracts a certain appeal, but we speak of a rather unique title that has not stopped improving since it launched a few days ago. And with the history of its creators, no doubt they will soon reach the excellence that all fans of the series expect.

[Final statement]

Demanding, extremely realistic and hard bone to chew for those less adept in the genre of multiplayer action. But one of those titles that nobody should miss for that unique character that has managed to distance from other competitors by a game's formula as realistic as impressive.

Gameplay: 9
Technology: 8
Graphics: 8
Sound: 9
Innovation: 9

OVERALL: 8,8 (Excelent)

Last edited:
Upvote 0