• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Review thread

IGN
Rating: 8/10
Language: English

Death is fast and frequent in Red Orchestra 2. Tripwire's World War II shooter distances itself from the rest of the genre with a realistic style of gameplay set in gigantic, detailed maps. The single-player component is a waste of time thanks to unreliable artificial intelligence, but the online experience against real players can be outstanding. Glitches do pop up, but they're tolerable given everything Red Orchestra 2 has to offer. With such a thin line between life and death, every shot you fire and every move you make has significance. In Red Orchestra 2 carelessness is swiftly punished and careful positioning and teamwork ultimately rewarded. It's a game for the patient, and despite its slower pace, no less exhilarating than any other shooter on the market.

Upvote 0
Seems the destructoid review is not posted yet.

Joshua Deroche (Destructoid) said:
Red Orchestra 2 hits a sweet spot for me. The gameplay is fast-paced without being too hectic and confusing. The realism is not as arcade-like as Call of Duty, and it's not a hardcore simulation like Arma II. There is even enough variety in the role types that you can have a completely different gameplay experience depending on what you want to do. It might be more hardcore than some people are used to, but I found it to be refreshing.

If it were not for the bugs, I would highly recommend this game to everyone who is tired of the current state of shooters. This is not just another Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor. As it is right now, the game has enough bugs and glitches that you might want to wait a bit before you jump in. Don't write it off, or ignore it for too long, though -- you might miss out on one of the best shooters in some time.
Score: 8/10
Language: English
Read the full review here

it seems it was posted in the thread before but just skipped the front page for some reason, oh well

Last edited:
Upvote 0