• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 install disc or Steam install disc...

There are no solutions to your problem.
RO2 is exclusively Steam-related game, so Steam is in controll of it: installs, updates, unlocks etc.
So if Steam says that you have to wait- well, just wait.

What you have on the disc you bought (and I'm guessing here, but what follows is logically most accurate):
- sounds
- textures
- in-game movies
- maps
- 3d models
- etc.

What you don't have (and this is what one of the game developers actually stated):
- game binaries (game code in other words)

This is to prevent "0 day piracy"- game being stolen from stores and distributed on piratebay before official launch (tho in case of such a multiplayer game as RO2 it's rather irrelevant).

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
There are no solutions to your problem.
RO2 is exclusively Steam-related game, so Steam is in controll of it: installs, updates, unlocks etc.
So if Steam says that you have to wait- well, just wait.

What you have on the disc you bought (and I'm guessing here, but what follows is logically most accurate):
- sounds
- textures
- in-game movies
- maps
- 3d models
- etc.

What you don't have (and this is what one of the game developers actually stated):
- game binaries (game code in other words)

This is to prevent "0 day piracy"- game being stolen from stores and distributed on piratebay before official launch (tho in case of such a multiplayer game as RO2 it's rather irrelevant).

And this...this is all correct. +1

Upvote 0
If you want a game that has no downloads associated with it, and does not use steam - you would have to wait an extra month at least. If you're going to buy a game that gets updates and bug fixes right until the last minute, then you're always going to get an immediate patch or download.

If you want, you can wait a month for TWI to distribute disks with the full and updated game on it?

Upvote 0
If you want, you can wait a month for TWI to distribute disks with the full and updated game on it?

Well, I have been holding onto a $50 since last xmas waiting on this game it wouldn't hurt to wait another month, but I can't... I'm not only stubborn I am impatient... Besides I bought it already, and am still glad to have it despite my growing hatred for steam...

and it really has nothing to do with the delay, stuff happens, I am sure TWI is kicking themselves a little for having to delay it like this...

The patches and whatnot, I expect, no game is ever perfect, least of all on the day it comes out...

Upvote 0