• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism vs Standard Modes

realism server settings

realism server settings

@[TW] Ramm-Jaeger

thanks, but the realism server settings do not work anymore ... I can not turn off the compass ...
, the entire gameplay settings Clanmatch not adjust it more ... I turned off everything and since the new update does not work anymore ... please help ...

and my server is running before the update without problems play with 64 ... and now there are major problems ... It shakes so the ping is over 300 people in all ... please help ... Please we want to play as before with 64 ... thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Although I've always been a realism diehard fan.....I prefer the standard mode at this moment.

The small map really helps the peripheral vision and thus maintaining the cohesion.

But I don't like pistols for everyone at all.

I agree. I also prefer the standard mode in RO2. I tend to stay away from the realism servers.
This is already the most realistic game going ......no need for a realism mode lol.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
In my opinion, the newbies have to respect the existence of a realistic way. RO2 exists thanks to the support that we, the oldfags, gave to RO1, a very realistic and simulator game while you played COD or BF.
The new RO have radar, and other accessories that make the gameplay a bit more arcade. So follow these options for veterans and lovers of the simulation.
I will not go into the standars servers and you won't do it in realistic. What's the problem? So please, respect our way of playing like I'm respect your way of playing. Your are in our house, Red Orchestra, you can't come to this game and demand convert to a CoD or BF. If so, Disappear and come back to those games.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWJSCK
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info! It's really nice to finally see what the differences actually are rather than trying to figure them out on my own.

I play exclusively on realism servers because I feel that they more closely resemble the gameplay I enjoyed in RO 1 and has the new features from RO HoS I really like.

Team killing is a lot more common however I think that problem will come to pass as people get more experience playing the game. I've been playing Red Orchestra since it's humble beginnings as a mod and I hope people share my opinion when I say that the best way to avoid killing your team mates is to communicate a lot amongst each other so you know (roughly) where the enemy is at all times and confirm what you're aiming at is an enemy before you start pumping your targets guts full of lead.

As far as the other gameplay modes I feel that they're great alternatives for new comers to Red Orchestra's gritty realism and offers some much needed forgiveness to the noobs who are still trying to figure the basic mechanics out and learn the maps. That being said I'll state again that as a long time RO player this mode isn't really my cup of tea!

tl;dr: Both modes serve their purposes well but there's always room for improvement.

Upvote 0
The worst thing of the non-realistic mode is the damn deathcamera. That destroys completly the RO gameplay in much situations, you cant sneak behind the enemy and kill 10 guys in a row because spawn points are so close and after being killed they will hunt you down so fast.

Much more fun to search by yourself where is the damn sniper rather than die, oh so here he is, respawn and kill him.

In my opinion, the newbies have to respect the existence of a realistic way. RO2 exists thanks to the support that we, the oldfags, gave to RO1, a very realistic and simulator game while you played COD or BF.

Oldfags lol xD <- Hipster

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
Why do kill messages even exist in realism mode? I think they really kill some of the mood, delayed or not.. the delay is negligable.

I always tried to play my WW2 games without kill messages, but it doesn't seem to be very popular to have them off.
In my case I really like to play "realism" mode with delayed death messages for my kills and deaths, because playing without them feels like playing against nameless bots and not against other human beings.

I miss the personal feeling in that case; I can

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
While this is valid, I do like the hard-core feeling of no messages as well. It should be a server-side option to disable them, or to extend the delay, so that it's up to players to decide if they like that style and thus what server types they prefer.
It is a server side option at the moment and you can change the delay too. ;)

Upvote 0