• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Gameplay video

Another brilliant gameplay vid.

The death animations were really good overall, particularly the brutal hits this machine-gunner takes.
ax064j.gif

lol @ this. Almost sits down dead in the chair too.
10h1s1j.gif

Upvote 0
Not impressed.

The only thing I see is SMGs mowing down riflemen. That's what you get with very little recoil and the zoom effect. I know all you fanboys will be upset but I know the following will happen.

Big arguments about who gets to be sniper and smg on servers, mods appearing that remove all class limitations and only servers running those mods getting popular. People running around rambo style spamming SMG fire --> WILL TURN INTO COD-TYPE GAMEPLAY

Question to the devs: Why make a WWII game if you're abandoning what makes WWII unique -- rifle based gameplay. Might as well do another modern warfare type spamfest. This looks like another WWII game going down the drain ala DOD:S W+MOUSE1 noskill assault gameplay.

The guy plays against 4-5 other players in CQB it's normal he has the advantage over rifles. But the classes are limited so even at 32 vs 32 there will be little smg's on the battlefield and they will get there head blown if big maps (not shown in this video). As for mods, the RO players are people who love the realism of the game and I don't think they will remove the limitations (no servers I have played on RO1 removed it). Only Firefights has unlimited classes and some dev or tester said in another post that the rifles are still used in majority in FF has the area are too big to be efficient with SMG.

Upvote 0
Not impressed.

The only thing I see is SMGs mowing down riflemen. That's what you get with very little recoil and the zoom effect. I know all you fanboys will be upset but I know the following will happen.

Big arguments about who gets to be sniper and smg on servers, mods appearing that remove all class limitations and only servers running those mods getting popular. People running around rambo style spamming SMG fire --> WILL TURN INTO COD-TYPE GAMEPLAY

Question to the devs: Why make a WWII game if you're abandoning what makes WWII unique -- rifle based gameplay. Might as well do another modern warfare type spamfest. This looks like another WWII game going down the drain ala DOD:S W+MOUSE1 noskill assault gameplay.

1)Remember , it was almost 2 months ago.

2) Ohmwrecker took some of his very best killing sprees and edited them together . He's good in the beta , but not THAT good . Was wondering myself how he got so many hip shooting kills when I can't seem to get very many . This is hours and hour (days) of gameplay compiled into an Ohmwrecker greatest hits video.

3) I might be wrong but I think , for purpose of the beta , we are all fully maxed out in sway suppression and the other abilities ( which you can't be in the actual game even when fully leveled up ) Just my impression .

Just because after days of playing and getting some good sprees, don't think he didn't die a humiliating death for every cool kill he had . Would you really post video of you dieing repeatedly ? Plus it looks like most of that is Firefight . It's what you do. Playing an assault class and running around . It's fun and different from TE and CD . Don't play it if you don't like that type of gameplay .

If you guys freak out this much over videos and what you think you're seeing I'm glad they didn't release beta yet . I can imagine the indignation and nerd rage the first time someone died because they couldn't mantle over something properly

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Why does nobody realise that this is all room-to-room combat.
Of course the smg owns the indoors, thats why they were invented!
Also it uses pistol rounds, there is a beautiful vid of a ppsh on the forum, somebody emptying the drum witrhout moving.

Btw, if I have a mp40 I would also stay in the indoors of the map, sounds pretty straightforward. The part where is using the kar, think the smg wouldn't be that useful there...

Edit: forgot to say: awesome vid, thanks for posting!

Upvote 0
There is nothing in real life that prevents you from carrying two weapons, so you can do it in RO2. It makes your player encumbered though, and makes him move slower, use stamina faster, etc. It is a tradeoff - mobility or firepower.

Very true few months ago I read a book about German sniper. He's primary weapon was sniper rifle with Zeiss scope. However he also had mp34 with him. There was a time he even had Russian ptrd cos he loved the gun. He killed with it Russian mg gunner who was hidden behind pretty strong wall and was impressed by its fire-power. But soon after he dropped it, cos it wasn't really working out.

Upvote 0
Anyone else notice when he ran out of ammo and tossed the grenade on the guy with the MG, the guy with the MG freaked out it looked like?

Going to have to rewatch and see if I am just seeing things..

Edit: go to 11:46 and when the grenade is thrown on the MG guy, the MG guy flails his arms and what not trying to get the grenade off of him it looks like, is very bad ***. Seems like a movie sequence - I love it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That was some impressive footage! The visuals, sounds, pace of the match, and even the UI get me excited for release. Yes, I said UI- I'm a sucker for a clean HUD. :)

@Tagemandbagem: That moment with the guy behind the pillar stood out to me also. It reminded me of Saving Private Ryan, which I hear is pretty accurate in its depiction of hits. I'm no gore-monger, but there's no denying it adds to the immersion that RO2 is packing.

Nice .gif capture of it too by the way!

Upvote 0
Just wondering at 7:30ish when the player is shooting through a banister he dose not seem to be hitting anything on the other side he blasts the first guy and the second but dose not get a kill until he can see them directly. Is this a bug if so has it been sorted in the later builds or am i just seeing things? :D

Edit

Also at the same bit i can see that you can see through gaps in the floor, can people be shot though the floor? lol :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone else notice when he ran out of ammo and tossed the grenade on the guy with the MG, the guy with the MG freaked out it looked like?

Going to have to rewatch and see if I am just seeing things..

Edit: go to 11:46 and when the grenade is thrown on the MG guy, the MG guy flails his arms and what not trying to get the grenade off of him it looks like, is very bad ***. Seems like a movie sequence - I love it.

Yeah, I agree - that was one of the smile parts of the video - along with the ragdoll effect down the stairs and the guy who almost sat down on the chair when he was killed. Way cool stuff. BTW - did you notice in the sequence that you mentioned that the grenade he threw killed himself through the wall?

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
I wasn't really worried about english voices being used, until i heard them in this video.

I can taste the cheese.

The "ninja" bandage as someone appropriately described it is a bit crazy, i couldn't put a plaster on that quick. Also i personally think the reload times are far too fast. I'm aware this is relaxed realism though, but i do wonder if its like this in realism as well.

Probably my least favourite video since its the first to give me something to worry about.

Upvote 0