• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Gameplay video

I think the sweetest thing about this whole video is how good it looks at the early beta stage. As is typical, all the eye candy textures are probably being worked on and added now at this late state so they could keep the file sizes smaller and work on the engine/physics/server side stuff. Now that they've finished that work (hopefully), they can begin adding all the eye candy. My problem is my video card only plays RO-OST at 80-90 FPS, so I'm afraid it won't be able to handle this bad boy. Time to turn over the cushions to find some spare change... :)

Does anyone know if this will have DX10 or 11 support? If so, perhaps my card can handle it as it support the newer codex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, it's Ohmwrecker from VE. I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the video. I totally know what it's like waiting for a game that you're really pumped about, so I wanted to put up as much gameplay as possible. I admit I'm a bit of an SMG whore, but I do bust out rifles once in a blue moon. :)

Keep in mind SMGs are pretty much pea shooters. They're lethal with some well placed shots sure, but they can't compare to the stopping power that a rifle has. Rifle shots are superior at blasting through cover, and usually eliminate a target in one good shot.

Anyways, I've got some stuff to do today, but I'm hoping to get a second video up sometime tonight as mentioned at VE. I'm really happy to hear you guys are enjoying what I've already posted, even though it's older footage as Ramm mentioned.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, it's Ohmwrecker from VE. I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the video. I totally know what it's like waiting for a game that you're really pumped about, so I wanted to put up as much gameplay as possible. I admit I'm a bit of an SMG whore, but I do bust out rifles once in a blue moon. :)

Keep in mind SMGs are pretty much pea shooters. They're lethal with some well placed shots sure, but they can't compare to the stopping power that a rifle has. Rifle shots are superior at blasting through cover, and usually eliminate a target in one good shot.

Anyways, I've got some stuff to do today, but I'm hoping to get a second video up sometime tonight as mentioned at VE. I'm really happy to hear you guys are enjoying what I've already posted, even though it's older footage as Ramm mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time to upload the video, the game looks great, though you're a bit of a menace with the MP40!

Glad to hear some features (wounds, etc.) are definitely in the game and weren't shown in your video due to it being an old one - I did wonder when first watching it, but Ramm has cheered me up :)

RO2 looks oh-so promising :D

Upvote 0
The gameplay reminded me a bit of Call of Duty at times, run and gun and uncoordinated. Had hoped to see more need for tactics and thinking.

Also I hope the grain elevator has been dressed up a little since this video. Video games are the only place where you tend to see buildings with no furniture or other kind of interior whatsoever. In that regards, the apartments look extremely well, very lively and realistic.

Overall, I am still excited, but slightly less than I was.

Upvote 0
Not impressed.

The only thing I see is SMGs mowing down riflemen. That's what you get with very little recoil and the zoom effect. I know all you fanboys will be upset but I know the following will happen.

Big arguments about who gets to be sniper and smg on servers, mods appearing that remove all class limitations and only servers running those mods getting popular. People running around rambo style spamming SMG fire --> WILL TURN INTO COD-TYPE GAMEPLAY

Question to the devs: Why make a WWII game if you're abandoning what makes WWII unique -- rifle based gameplay. Might as well do another modern warfare type spamfest. This looks like another WWII game going down the drain ala DOD:S W+MOUSE1 noskill assault gameplay.

Upvote 0