• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Gameplay video

I generally agree about the nature of the SMG and its (massive) superiority over rifles in close quarter combat. But I think that there are global issues with the physics of movement - too rapid, responsive, without consequence. All weapons, not just the SMG, are handled and aimed too responsively. Those old wood and metal bolt action rifles were long, heavy and unweildy and should suck even more in CQB than in the video.
After looking at some new footage from Zips, I fully have to agree.
Just a split second after sprinting (and stopping on the spot when he release the sprint key) , the gun (SMG/bolt/MG) is right up. No steps taken to stop the sprint, no delay to put the gun to the hip, nothing.

I don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The voices are SO. BAAAAAAAAAAAAD. The accents suck and the dialogue is cheesy. I hope that there is an option to turn that crap off, or at the very least it be a server option. "I just need a moment to catch my breath." "I'll be useless like this." ...Good thing they say it out loud, weirdly talking to themselves as if they are talking to me in their horri-bad accents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The voices are SO. BAAAAAAAAAAAAD. The accents suck and the dialogue is cheesy. I hope that there is an option to turn that crap off, or at the very least it be a server option. "I just need a moment to catch my breath." "I'll be useless like this." ...Good thing they say it out loud, weirdly talking to themselves as if they are talking to me in their horri-bad accents.

If I recall correctly, the English voice overs were recorded by native speakers of Russian and German, so those "horri-bad" accents are genuine.

Upvote 0
(good) gameplay > realism
I just had to through my voice in there with all the people screaming for more realism.
I agree with that. But you must ask the question: what is good gameplay?

What does one seek? Chess is abstract gameplay which is pretty good. Not very immersive though. Why do almost all games emulate reality? They give us immersion, an experience, a chance to do what we want to do.

Myself and others like me seek to live out the urge to hunt a prey, do violence upon it and kill / destroy (yes yes, also the historical bit and the setting). Those with enough education & insight understand that this is in the nature of man, but must not be expressed in the real world. I also seek to satisfy my fascination for firearms, to be able to toy with them.

With my desires, good gameplay is extreme realism of the hunt of intense infantry combat in a setting such as World War II. Both body and weaponry. I do not seek chain of command, formalities, waiting around after being killed, mission planning and so forth, so that realism would not make good gameplay for me.

What do you seek? What makes good gameplay? I understand fully if you just say you prefer Call of Duty type shooters and don't have the desire or patience to deal with the real world limitations of the human body and firearms. That is just as justified as my own opinion. But if this is the case, I will urge you to consider that most shooters are already arcady like this and there is no game anywhere that offers body & firearm simulation without the clunkiness of ArmA 2. Please support that at least 'realism' mode could offer this. Can keep the relaxed realism like Call of Duty, too. We both win.

Reactions: Rumo
Upvote 0

It has been confirmed that allies have to be next to you for your character to talk things like that. So he is not talking to himself, but rather to the guys around him.

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly, the English voice overs were recorded by native speakers of Russian and German, so those "horri-bad" accents are genuine.

I dont want to spam this in every thread, but no, at least not all of them are genuine. It was said that there are 3 actors by side. To a native speaker like me, it looks like this for the germans: one native speaker, one who fakes it rather convincingly and one who is just plain wrong.
You can hear from their pronounciation of the german words, some have a thick american accent. Criticism should thus be valid.

Upvote 0

nope it's not, they are super expert dubbers, you can hear these germans in AAA games like CoH and many other. This is a mark of quality and meaning how much effort they put in the game. They are awesome and the acccent is even more accurate and pure then other games... you can always swich to native language

Upvote 0
nope it's not, they are super expert dubbers, you can hear these germans in AAA games like CoH and many other. This is a mark of quality and meaning how much effort they put in the game. They are awesome and the acccent is even more accurate and pure then other games... you can always swich to native language

Agreed.

Love the voice-overs in CoH, and RO2 so far seems to be of the same high quality.

Has to be the same German guys doing it.

Upvote 0