Forum Rules

• Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Update on the Beta - Part 2

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the Beta - Part 2

Ok, I hate to say it again, but everyone needs to step back, take a deep breath, and calm down. You've got a shiny new MP HD video to enjoy, you've got a dev team that is slaving away night and day 7 days a week to get the game into your sweaty paws, and every day gets you closer to getting your hands on the game. So calm down a bit.

So what is going on with the beta? First off, I'll come right out and say this, the beta date was delayed along with the release. A dev (he who shall remain unnamed - Alan ... oops) put up a blog that said no internal deadlines were going to move with the delay. Unfortunately, he did this before he talked to the code department As soon as I saw that blog, I had him take it down, because while it was accurate to what he thought the situation was, the situation was different than what he thought it was when he made the blog.

Let's make one point every clear - our goal has ALWAYS been to give you guys about 2 weeks of time with the beta before the launch of the game. That has never changed, only it became a different two weeks. Now, we had an idea that we might possibly be able to extend that to 3 weeks when we delayed the release, but the reality of the bug situation make that not possible. At the end of the day, you should still get about 2 weeks with the beta like we've planned since we announced the DDE.

So this week "he who shall remain unnamed ... Alan (oops, I did it again)" let slip during an interview that the beta would be out very soon, possibly by the time the video was released. This was very optimistic on "he shall remain unnamed's" part, and he has been severely beaten and now knows to ask the code team before hinting about dates in the future

So where are we at? Right now we're nailing down some of the nastier bugs before we roll out the DDE beta. I know, I know "but but but, we don't care about bugs just give us the beta!!!" Well you say you don't care about bugs, but in reality if we don't fix some of these bugs before the DDE guys get their hands on it, a lot of average gamers (and even some of the "RO fanbois") are just going to complain to everyone about the bugs. There are levels of bug severity, and we want to clear up a certain level of bugs before we move on to the next stage. Don't worry, we'll save some bugs for you to find in the beta - we promise

So then what is the answer to the question everyone wants to know - when will the beta be released. I'll put it in big bold letters here so no-one misses it:

The beta will most likely be released early next week, probably around August 30th!

That is NOT a promise, it is a target date. It could shift a day or two, so if August 30th comes around and the beta isn't released that day don't come to these forums saying "but you promised it would come out today!!!" We don't "promise" - games development is not an exact science. It is more like warfare - you might shoot to capture a city by a certain date, but battles don't always go exactly to plan.

Some of you may still be irate after reading this thread. If it bothers you that much, please go to Steam and get your pre-purchase refunded and then just order the regular edition and play with everyone else on September 13th. There is no need to fill the forums with ranting on this subject any more. I'm going to instruct the moderators to close any new "where is the beta" thread, and delete any posts taking threads off topic with "where is the beta" posts.

So lets move on, talk about the new HD trailer, the new screenshots and stories, how cool it's going to be to get our hands on the game, etc. I'll see you guys on the battlefield next week!
    [I support "RO Forums Classic" mode!!!]

I've signed in for the first time in a long time (since the RO mod for UT) to say thank you. I've lurked on the these boards for a while and the amount of whining is astonishing.

So thanks for the update, but I fear it will do nothing to appease that have a natural tendancy to complain about everything.
    Last edited by Rossi; 08-23-2011, 11:16 AM.

one week more

[URL=""]The 116th Panzer Division[/URL]

Sigh.. but oh well it's probably for the better

Hopefully now people will stop complaining. But that's unlikely.

Thank you, and thank you again for clearing that up. A lot of us (I know I did at least) have been asking for something like this, even if the date or estimate wasn't included. Just a heads up on what's going on.

Thank you

Heilige Schei

Sad news but I understand :/

And to all those who still didn't understand: No it was not originally planned to be around the 30th when the 30th was the former release date....

And btw: OH BOY NEXT WEEK!
                      Last edited by Krimdor; 08-23-2011, 11:20 AM.

Thanks for the heads up. I know you guys are working your tail off. You guys will deliver an amazing game. Sorry about the community last night, they got out of hand.

Great news!

Ahh and peace reigned throughout the land...
                            I'm on a vodka diet, I've lost 3 days so far.

Well, at least you're honest, I'll give ye' that much!

Thank you!